Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:35 am

Received 1K kit in mail yesterday - status still shows "Pending" in my account.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Lots of problems getting PGDs to post from late December flight to make 1K. Finally posted and I talked to MP who verified everything was correct and my GPUS for 1K would post at the end of the month. Finally got them and website shows 1K. Received a "Welcome to Premier Platinum" kit in the mail today. Honestly...what a mess they are.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Wife and I got our 1K kits on 2/2. Re-qualified 12/22. If you have a long name like I do those luggage tags are worthless.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I saw that my packet arrived today for 1K. Seeing the tape all over it and utterly horrible presentation reminded me when my grandmother went a loco and would send me the same gift of knitted socks each year for 10 years. Eventually the socks stopped matching and she would get my name wrong on the card.

Then I saw the pathetically small bag tags. Personally, I am insulted by this package given my travel for the year. However, when I saw the childishly folded vouchers/promotional information, and the big footprint in the middle of them, well that confirmed that this airline could give a crud about my loyalty or me for that matter.

Frankly, after missing GS this year it felt like an additional FU to me.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:17 pm

My packet still shows pending
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Got my Platinum packet yesterday. Tossed everything but the ID card and the booze tix.

Status shows "shipped", so reasonably accurate - I don't know when they sent it out.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Got both my 1K packet (re-qualified around 12/2) and my MM packet (earned in early January) today. So now I have two 1K cards, 4 luggage tags and 20 beverage vouchers!

My husband got a Silver packet a few days ago. He was Gold last year and didn't quite make it back to that level. His 1K packet (as my MM companion) shows as "pending."
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:48 pm

Finally got my gold package (qualified towards the end of December), in NYC here. Requalified for silver middle of last year and got that package a few days into 2015.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Just received my gold kit after qualifying on New Year's Eve. Not a fan of the smaller luggage tag.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by immaculate
My status changed from "Pending" to "Shipped" early last week. I crossed the PQM threshold (by $200) on 12/31. Wonder when my kit will actually arrive - I'm flying to DXB this week...
Just wanted to update this now that I'm back from DXB.

My kit "arrived" on Wednesday the 28th. It was taped up just like everyone else here described...only upon opening it, there was no ID card, no small tags, no drink chits. The only thing in my packet was two plastic loops for luggage tags, the MB USA promo flyer and the booklet of benefits. Oh, I also got the 1K calling guide.

Shockingly (hah), the yellow bag handle wraps were also not included (I mention this as a joke because when I called to request new ones, MPSC insisted that they would arrive as part of my 1K kit.

So I called MPSC again and told them about how my kit had been tampered with in transit. The woman I spoke to didn't seem surprised at all and said she would send me another kit - eta 2 weeks.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
My 1K packet arrived yesterday. The envelope was taped on both sides with Scotch tape. The 2 luggage tags were permanently bent, and no Yellow 1K carry-on luggage wrap.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Did some people get the yellow luggage wraps as part of their kit then ? I didn't but wasn't expecting to, should I ?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Still waiting - and I have a 4U flight on Sunday for which I will need the new card.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Still waiting - and I have a 4U flight on Sunday for which I will need the new card.
i've been able to use the card on the app on my phone or go to the UA website and print out the temp card and show that as needed to get into various *A lounges.

I'm still waiting on my kit as well and it still shows it as pending
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Did some people get the yellow luggage wraps as part of their kit then ? I didn't but wasn't expecting to, should I ?
No, the luggage handle wraps have never been part of the kit. They were shipped out separately in batches back in 2013. Anyone getting them at this point is because they requested them and are one offs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.