Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It is understandable that it takes so long to make these packets and send them out considering the personalization of the luggage tags....
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: UA - Plat; TK - Elite; Marriott - Gold
mystatus website stated that I should have received my Platinum packet already. I was hoping to get it before my trip to Japan a few weeks ago, but no luck. Either way, I never got the packet, so I contacted them.

After confirming my home address, they say they were going to send me another one... and to wait another 4-6 weeks for it. :: sigh ::
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDFlyer33
It is understandable that it takes so long to make these packets and send them out considering the personalization of the luggage tags....

yeah,

I really wish the tags had my FF# on them still. Hate putting an address, but with the FF#, they could have used United to contact me.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Still no premier packet in SF area as of March 9

Originally Posted by lcatfishl
mystatus website stated that I should have received my Platinum packet already. I was hoping to get it before my trip to Japan a few weeks ago, but no luck. Either way, I never got the packet, so I contacted them.

After confirming my home address, they say they were going to send me another one... and to wait another 4-6 weeks for it. :: sigh ::
Me too. I had to request a new one in MARCH and they told me it would be yet another 4-6 weeks for that one. How lame. Spouse who is Silver hasn't received his yet either. Obviously, what I need to do next year is start preemptively complaining in January, so they can take their 4-6 weeks to get it to me by March.

The card isn't very useful except for lounge visits for *A Gold members, but I do like those drink tickets!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Today I took my first flight since I got my card. It doesn't work in the check-in kiosk--just like last year's. So what's the point of sending cards if they don't work?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by linsj
Today I took my first flight since I got my card. It doesn't work in the check-in kiosk--just like last year's. So what's the point of sending cards if they don't work?
This has been occasional issue for years.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This has been occasional issue for years.
MileagePlus's contractors are screwing them. Members repeatedly have to ask for their packages. This year their contractor had to cut the packs open to fix something and then tape them back up to send out a {lousy} looking packet. Very professional.

Next year the tags will be so small we will have to print our information on them in 6 pt and then when our bags are lost the reason it took so long/weren't return was they could not read the information on the tags. (tic)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 9, 2015 at 10:18 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed. http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#offensive
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: UA - Plat; TK - Elite; Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by SwisherTown
MileagePlus's contractors are screwing them. Members repeatedly have to ask for their packages. This year their contractor had to cut the packs open to fix something and then tape them back up to send out a {lousy} looking packet.
I just got my package yesterday. I don't know if it was the original or the follow up request. Either way, I was going to post how it came torn up on the side, and re-taped. Turns out, it's as expected. Heh....

...and also now I see how small those new tags are - but I kind of like them...
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:12 pm

I called into MP on January 26 and told the agent that I did not receive my new 1K Kit. The agent said thay she would order me a replacement because her system showed my kit had been mailed out. I was told 4-6 weeks, well after 4 weeks, still nothing.

I called again on February 23 and told the agent I still haven't received my 1K kit. The agent said to give it another 2 weeks, but I asked to speak to a supervisor to see if a kit could be over nighted to me. The supervisor said that she would expidite another replacement. A few days later, I received a letter with ONLY my NEW 1K card. I called again and explained what I received, last Friday. Today I received my Luggage Tags and the drink chits with the Congatulations brochure addressed to a DIFFERENT person!

I needed the drink chits because I am flying TPAC to HKG next week in coach.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Extra Drink Coupons.

I just got my packet, and it has 40 drink chits instead of the 10? that I got last year.

And I don't even drink!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
When I got my packet a few weeks ago, they enclosed 10 chits. I don't drink on the plane either, so not too disappointed that I got the "correct" number of chits. BTW, any idea if you can use drink chits for food (instead of drinks) in Y?

On the plus side, another yellow handle wrap showed up today.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I just got my packet, and it has 40 drink chits instead of the 10? that I got last year.

And I don't even drink!
I just give them away to business colleagues -- no shortage of volunteers.

Originally Posted by wh6cto
... BTW, any idea if you can use drink chits for food (instead of drinks) in Y?...
does not work
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K
It is well past Jan 15 so I guess I can post that neither I nor my SO at the same address have received our packets as of Mar 12. I sent an email to MP when I saw the "You should have received your packet" on the status page last week. The reply was for me to print a copy from united.com. Hmmm. Will that access my rez in a kiosk? Will it get me into the Senator Lounge? Will it get me free drinks in coach?

Today I received an email stating: "Your MileagePlus Premier credentials were returned to us due to an undeliverable address on your MileagePlus account." I checked my account and it still had my correct mailing address which has not changed for over 20 years!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:01 pm

Ok, so I still didn't receive a Gold card - and flights coming up soon. I know some lounges won't let me in for sure. What can I do? Isn't not getting a card from United tantamount to them denying me benefits for which I worked pretty hard (and paid a lot).

(Not a rant) Is there a way to get them to expedite a new card, perhaps?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:04 am

Sounds like there will be quite a few people with printed "cards" in hand in the next few weeks. If someone gets into non-UA lounges with those - could you please post here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.