Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:03 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Hertz seems to be slow depositing bonus miles. I had a rental Dec. 31. 500 miles deposited with MP within a few days. 1K bonus just deposited yesterday. No 1500 mile bonus deposited yet. I guess you have to babysit all rentals to make sure you get proper credit. If it takes weeks, this is a lot of hassle. Hertz likely hopes one forgets.

The terms in the offer state that any miles over 500 base miles earned will post within 5 business days

Last edited by mkr; Jan 29, 2016 at 4:18 am Reason: Clarity
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Can't get Hertz to upgrade to Presidents Club

I believe the deal to have get complimentary Presidents Club in Hertz is still alive and I did have it last year. However my account went back down to Five Star this year. When I go to the website to signup it says I'm already signed up and "enjoying Presidents Club benefits" - not true. I've called Hertz several times and just received a form letter saying my rentals last year weren't enough to qualify me. I realize that but I should get it because of being a 1K. Anybody else have this issue? Any resolution??
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by SF1K
I believe the deal to have get complimentary Presidents Club in Hertz is still alive and I did have it last year. However my account went back down to Five Star this year. When I go to the website to signup it says I'm already signed up and "enjoying Presidents Club benefits" - not true. I've called Hertz several times and just received a form letter saying my rentals last year weren't enough to qualify me. I realize that but I should get it because of being a 1K. Anybody else have this issue? Any resolution??
I wouldn't worry about it. The UA-granted President's Circle status hasn't done a single thing for me. Not. One. Upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by wxguy
I wouldn't worry about it. The UA-granted President's Club status hasn't done a single thing for me. Not. One. Upgrade.
That is true. It is just annoying for companies to offer a benefit and then not really offer it. Especially when I log onto the website where you sign-up and it states I'm enjoying the Presidents Circle Membership and then I'm really not.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SF1K
That is true. It is just annoying for companies to offer a benefit and then not really offer it.
Hertz is possibly the most customer-unfriendly company I can think of. It is amazing to me that people bring them repeat business. Must be the corporate contracts.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
This is a perk? I had no idea you get complimentary president's circle...
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Hertz is possibly the most customer-unfriendly company I can think of. It is amazing to me that people bring them repeat business.
Car Rental companies are pretty much all hit-'n-miss for me, and it depends more on rental location & price than loyalty.

For instance: one-way, one-day rentals EWR-AVP (Scranton, PA) are atrociously volatile, and the cheapest option can range from (as an example) ~$50 for a Mustang to $200+ for an Economy class vehicle.

Hertz has been quite good recently, and often the cheapest option, plus I earn more miles than any other rental company.

Agree with you that their customer service is not particularly good, but I have also bad experiences with Avis and Budget and others. I will do my best to avoid Budget rentals out of EWR for instance, and the smaller Enterprise locations range from EXCELLENT to TERRIBLE.

I now pretty much go with the cheapest option (with consideration of miles earned), and place little emphasis on customer loyalty and customer service, as I have mixed results with all of them.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by narvik
Car Rental companies are pretty much all hit-'n-miss for me, and it depends more on rental location & price than loyalty.
I really recommend National. The service is usually excellent and the "pick your own car" deal is awesome. Once you get used to it, everything else sucks.

Hertz is IMO a cut below everyone else in terms of gouging the customer. Take there new fuel surcharge policy, for example, where they will charge you even if you return the vehicle with a full tank.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
I wouldn't worry about it. The UA-granted President's Circle status hasn't done a single thing for me. Not. One. Upgrade.
+1. I use Hertz at BWI a lot. Before President Circle, my cars were always in spaces in the 400s, long, long walk in the dark and cold. After PC. exactly the same.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I really recommend National. The service is usually excellent and the "pick your own car" deal is awesome.
I will then. It's one of the ones I hardly ever use[d], not sure why - maybe their pricing isn't good for my locations. But if their price isn't too bad, I will give them a go. ^

Edit/Added:
Okay, NOW I know why I hardly ever use them.
Just priced a one-way one-day rental EWR to AVP: on Kayak the cheapest is Hertz at $112 (Economy) & $119 (Mid-Size), whereas National is $251 (Economy) & $271 (Mid-Size). Ouch!

Last edited by narvik; Mar 17, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Hertz is possibly the most customer-unfriendly company I can think of. It is amazing to me that people bring them repeat business. Must be the corporate contracts.
I do it mainly because I am getting 2,750 miles on every rental (and the discount is cheap). That said, the car quality is noticeably worse than Avis, where I got upgraded all the time as a PC member there. Interestingly enough, it seems like I am still a PC member despite the benefit (allegedly) going away for PP cardholders...
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Hertz Status Match Guidance requested

I am a MP Plat and noticed a few weeks ago that there was a status match with Hertz to their Presidents Circle. I went through the weblink to enroll and it told me it would take 3-7 business days to process but even though it is several weeks now it hasn't gone through. The MP website says I have enrolled and won't let me reapply. Hertz says I haven't enrolled and it is for United to process. MP Customer Service says Hertz has to change it manually at their end. Hertz read me a manual that says MP is wrong. It probably isn't a huge issue except for extra Hertz points on upcoming rentals and possible upgrades. Has anybody else experienced this glitch and if so how did you resolve it please?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:00 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by narvik

For instance: one-way, one-day rentals EWR-AVP (Scranton, PA) are atrociously volatile, and the cheapest option can range from (as an example) ~$50 for a Mustang to $200+ for an Economy class vehicle.

Hertz has been quite good recently, and often the cheapest option, plus I earn more miles than any other rental company.

Agree with you that their customer service is not particularly good, but I have also bad experiences with Avis and Budget and others. I will do my best to avoid Budget rentals out of EWR for instance, and the smaller Enterprise locations range from EXCELLENT to TERRIBLE.

I now pretty much go with the cheapest option (with consideration of miles earned), and place little emphasis on customer loyalty and customer service, as I have mixed results with all of them.
If you do the one-two free w/National every year (expires end of Feb) those free days, in my case are good for one-ways. 2 cheap wkend rentals will probably be less that a 200$ one way
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Used this in KOA a year ago as the price was competitive - no upgrade but quicker line. Since then whenever I look at the locations (domestic or international) just not competitive on price. Although when I call to fix something in a reservation always asked if I need help with a car as they can help me get a Hertz car...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.