Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I wonder if this has as much to do with the competition as it does with UA. BA is in operational meltdown mode currently so perhaps UA is taking the view that they pose no real threat. Plus it's next to impossible to recruit staff at LHR, so that won't be helping.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:27 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
We have drifted waaaay off topic -- transport from/to LHR is best in another forum / thread. This thread is about UA lounge(s) at LHR

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Larrude and MatthewLAX like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
At our company we have started paying for an extra day -- the night before -- so we can arrive and take a shower and get to work ...
For years this is what I have done flying into SYD and needing to go to work, the hotels never let you check in so early. I guess the Arrivals facilities has built up different expectations for LHR. I did try booking Aerotel but it has been fully booked the several times I checked. They must be quite happy the UA Arrivals facility remains closed.

When I left LHR last Friday I had a short chat at the United Club with a GS agent, she said the VIP section would be re-opening in two weeks and looked forward to my next visit to check it out again. They really have great staff at there. However, I forgot to ask about the arrivals facility.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: United
Last Friday I asked the UC Agents at LHR when they think the arrivals lounge may reopen. The agent said as soon as the contract company can get the staffing together it should reopen.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jdwflyod
Last Friday I asked the UC Agents at LHR when they think the arrivals lounge may reopen. The agent said as soon as the contract company can get the staffing together it should reopen.
Translation: “We really don’t know - please move on”.

That’s been their answer since December.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jdwflyod
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Translation: “We really don’t know - please move on”.

That’s been their answer since December.
Yes, crucial question: is the contract company actually working actively on the staffing? Or are they still waiting for UA to budget them some money?
Old May 27, 2022, 5:35 am

Old GFL in LHR now open (May 27th)

I can confirm that the old GFL (GS) lounge in LHR is now open (as of May 27th).
The food selection is the same as in the UC. The a la carte menu is not available, but it is much more quiet than in the UC.
Bloody Mary bar is operational :-)
The staff seems really excited. Nice to see the old GS crew.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Euroboy
I can confirm that the old GFL (GS) lounge in LHR is now open (as of May 27th).
The food selection is the same as in the UC. The a la carte menu is not available, but it is much more quiet than in the UC.
Bloody Mary bar is operational :-)
The staff seems really excited. Nice to see the old GS crew.
Exactly as I was told a couple of months ago (see post 613). Thanks for the update. What's the bar situation? It was self-serve before and as I recall, there's no actual bar as there is in the main UC.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by st530
Exactly as I was told a couple of months ago (see post 613). Thanks for the update. What's the bar situation? It was self-serve before and as I recall, there's no actual bar as there is in the main UC.
It's self serve, but that's OK. It was a pleasant surprise when I was told at check in today that the lounge was open again - I didn't know that it was going to reopen at all.

The gate agent said "soon" when I asked about the Arrivals lounge. Apparently it's contracted out by multiple airlines and the United staff doesn't really know.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
The LHR team is proud that the former GFL is reopened, albeit without an ala carte menu. Although with the elimination of GlobalFirst, didn't ala carte menus go away too? I recall the menus pre-GlobalFirst-demise in both HKG and LHR, but don't remember them in the Polaris era.

In any event, nice to see a facility like this back open again.

Global Services Bar

Global Services Self Serve Food
cesco.g and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:45 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I'll be there tomorrow. Can I bring a guest in?
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
The LHR team is proud that the former GFL is reopened, albeit without an ala carte menu. Although with the elimination of GlobalFirst, didn't ala carte menus go away too? I recall the menus pre-GlobalFirst-demise in both HKG and LHR, but don't remember them in the Polaris era.

In any event, nice to see a facility like this back open again.

Global Services Bar

Global Services Self Serve Food
Thanks for the pics. Great to have it back although I'll def miss the a la carte dining (and yes, menus survived the demise of GF, although they were downgraded somewhat in the period post-GF and pre-pandemic).

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I'll be there tomorrow. Can I bring a guest in?
The (unpublished) rule pre-pandemic seemed to be one guest (or two if UC member).
Old May 29, 2022, 7:52 pm

A few questions please.

1) Any of the star alliance lounges have those lockers where you can stick your stuff in and lock with a key?
2) Or a coat rack? I’m carrying a heavy winter coat, don’t ask lol
3) or if any serve scones after 12:30 PM?
4) As a star gold, I read I can hit all 4 lounges, right?

Just trying to figure out what to do for my layover. I’d love to run into the city but starting to see complications (such as luggage and a heavy coat). Hoping maybe I can stash the items in a lounge and pick up for my connection.

Thanks so much.

Last edited by WhiskeyCavalier; May 29, 2022 at 8:16 pm
Old May 29, 2022, 10:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by WhiskeyCavalier
Just trying to figure out what to do for my layover. I’d love to run into the city but starting to see complications (such as luggage and a heavy coat). Hoping maybe I can stash the items in a lounge and pick up for my connection.
Don't plan on using a UA lounge for storage while you are off someplace else. Check the airport offerings for this.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I was invited into this lounge as a mere 1K on Saturday. The check-in agent asked me if I would like to go into the 1K quiet lounge, so of course I said yes.

The gentlemen looking after the food and drinks was excellent, with several passes around the lounge pouring champagne. He was extremely pleasant and reminded me of the gentlemen in the old SFO arrival lounge, both in appearance, demeanor and helpfulness.
AirbusFan2B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.