Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD

EWR-MXP
Wideroe K fare
PCU to BF for $939 at OLCI.
Pass...might consider it at $400-500 price point (but so would a ton of others I'm sure).
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ruhr
Route: LAX-HNL
Original fare bucket: T
Price offered: US$299
PCU/UFC?: UFC? Not sure
When offered: OLCI
Accepted!
An update to this. Original routing was IAH-LAX-HNL, and I had only upgraded the LAX-HNL for US$299 (still a great price). Due to IRROPS, I was automatically rebooked in IAH for fear I'd miss my connection. It was a direct IAH-HNL flight and they kept me in FC (P bucket). A nice upgrade for an 8.5 hour flight! When I checked my posted PQM/PQS, I got 1.5 times the regular amount! I really scored with that US$299 upgrade. YAY!

(There were even more IRROPS on that flight, including a baggage delay, tho that's another story. You takes what you can gets!)
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:44 am

CDG-SFO

Hi folks,

What Route: CDG-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: X
Price Offered: $1129
PCU/UFC: UFC
Where it was Offered: OLCI
Accepted: No
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Has anyone else seen dynamic pricing for upgrades before?

I was flying SFO-PVG on a P fare. When I checked it at T-23 hours the flight was F7 C0 Y9. I was offered an upgrade to F for $1499 (my guess is C was oversold).

The day of my flight I re-checked the offer by trying to check-in again. This time it was F7 C2 Y9. My upgrade price went to $5999!

Intrigued, a couple hours before my flight the C inventory went back to 0, so I tried to check-in again and - surprise - my upgrade offer was back to $1499.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
What Route: LAS-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: G
Price Offered: 249$ one way
PCU/UFC? UFC
Where it was Offered: kiosk at check-in
Accepted? No
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
I believe during IRROPS they usually rebook you to the highest fare class within the cabin service, so I was rebooked to Y from a W fare, and P from a R fare.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
I believe during IRROPS they usually rebook you to the highest fare class within the cabin service, so I was rebooked to Y from a W fare, and P from a R fare.
"usually" might be too strong of a word, "commonly" might be a better fit.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
What Route: YVR-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: Q ($408/person)
Price Offered: $139
PCU/UFC: OCU
Where it was Offered: At booking
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA MP Gold, 1MM, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ruhr
An update to this. Original routing was IAH-LAX-HNL, and I had only upgraded the LAX-HNL for US$299 (still a great price). Due to IRROPS, I was automatically rebooked in IAH for fear I'd miss my connection. It was a direct IAH-HNL flight and they kept me in FC (P bucket). A nice upgrade for an 8.5 hour flight! When I checked my posted PQM/PQS, I got 1.5 times the regular amount! I really scored with that US$299 upgrade. YAY!

(There were even more IRROPS on that flight, including a baggage delay, tho that's another story. You takes what you can gets!)
Every now and again, things work in your favor... score!
take it when you can get it - and that was a GOOD one. As the captain occasionally says "We arrived at the gate 10 minutes early, mark that in your ledger to offset the next time we might be late..."
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
What Route: HKG-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: W (had successfully applied GPU for a BF seat)
Price Offered: $1399 upgd to GF
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrjay
I don't think you have a BF seat, since Business and Business First are two different product, or is it?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mrjay
That seems to be the going price TPAC for upgraded BF to GF. I wonder if they're getting any takers. Not even in the ballpark so far as I'm concerned.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I don't think you have a BF seat, since Business and Business First are two different product, or is it?
OP purchased economy, upgraded to BF (SFO-HKG is BF/GF -- business & first are on CPU flights) and was offered a cash opportunity for GF. Fairly standard.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
It is unnecessarily confusing nomenclature, isn't it
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kacee
That seems to be the going price TPAC for upgraded BF to GF. I wonder if they're getting any takers. Not even in the ballpark so far as I'm concerned.
While I've enjoyed the comfort of a GF seat, there is NFW I'd pay $1399 extra for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.