Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:27 am

domestic first snack - really?

So after 42 PQS's I finally get a Premere upgrade. I am surprised that the economy passengers at least can purchase a snack box, and as biz all I got was a snack sized potato chip bag!

When did they decide to starve the bus cabin?

Shaking my head over how bad it had gotten. Slim line seats have absolutely ruined mainline economy. Apparently corporate had ruined bus! Never thought the day would come when I'd say that my dash-8 segment was the most comfortable!

BJFly
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was on an E-175 last week, and the "refreshments" consisted of a fist-sized bag of pretzels and nuts. It was quite a surprise, considering they have been touting better things across the system. I didn't expect a meal, or snack, but I expected some sort of a variety like the refreshment baskets on mainline.

As for the seats, well, they look nice, but persons of size had difficulty sitting in them and keeping the back upright.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: UA MP Gold, 1MM, Global Entry
Yup. Many recent threads on the recent change to food service reference this. Some flights really do get better food than in the past, but others... not so much. So which route, departure time and aircraft you are on make a HUGE difference to your experience. Imagine if you paid full F fare for the experience you had. lol. The most you can count on is a slightly larger seats and free drinks. Anything else is a bonus.

Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Onboard Food and Beverage Options
UA Meal Cutoff Times for Lunch and Dinner?

And other threads lament the change to more RJ's across the system (although some are replacing older equipment). F seats are smaller than mainline and will affect a person of size... but I find the Y seats in an E-175 nicer than the slimline ones. Supposedly nicer meals are coming to RJ F also.

United to Add New Embraer E-175 (76-Seat) Aircraft to United Express Fleet
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: UAL1K
Lunch LAS-IAH, November 14, 737-900

Pretty decent meal on this flight from Vegas to Houston. The wrap is exactly what was once served in coach (minus the peanut sauce). It's tasty and an improvement over the wrap that was served forever.

The French Onion soup is nasty. Time for that to go.

Flight attendant wasn't aware they had Prosecco. He's aware now. That's a nice addition.

Cookies served later in flight. Good service. Other than my outlet not working, I don't have any real gripes.

Last edited by jraindc; Nov 15, 2014 at 9:51 am Reason: added picture link
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I glanced at the last line and saw it as "don't have any real grapes" and thought to myself "Jesus Mary & Joseph they've done it now they are adding fake garnishes!"
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Hawaii special meals

Flying LAX-HNL 1224 (1030 dep - lunch) and HNL-LAX UA 534 (redeye) in December.

Seems like special meals are still available to Hawaii. do they still have the indian veg? Always enjoyed it, or take my chances on the protein and pasta?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, BA Silver
Coffee

I want to raise that old chestnut that no one seems to gripe about any more. Does anyone actually like the coffee UA serves? Now that it has also invaded all the Clubs, I know it is not the water. The brew has a nasty metallic aftertaste. If it is HEB from Texas it must be the contaminated reject bean!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mdskyguy
I want to raise that old chestnut that no one seems to gripe about any more. Does anyone actually like the coffee UA serves? Now that it has also invaded all the Clubs, I know it is not the water. The brew has a nasty metallic aftertaste. If it is HEB from Texas it must be the contaminated reject bean!
I stick to the espresso machines in the clubs

Friends don't let friends drink the UA FreshPoo...take a *B Via with you
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Flying in GF on a 3 class aircraft from ORD to ewr - is it the same meal they give in regular first or is it something extra?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Flying in GF on a 3 class aircraft from ORD to ewr - is it the same meal they give in regular first or is it something extra?
It will be just a domestic FC meal with two choices. Should be an interesting flight serving F and J pax meals on a two hour flight..
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I glanced at the last line and saw it as "don't have any real grapes" and thought to myself "Jesus Mary & Joseph they've done it now they are adding fake garnishes!"
Don't be giving Jeff any ideas!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nyr2299
You will get an option of 2 choices and you will get soup. BF does not get an option and does not get soup on that flight. I fly it often, and it's a joy to fly GF on an 90 minute wheels up to down flight...
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Any recent experience with ORD-HNL and back? Lunch to HNL and dinner listed on the return.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by haddon90
may have to see if i can do a mimosa saturday morning...
The flight attendants in C offered everyone a Mimosa on my IAH-CZM flight this morning. Said it was the first time they'd seen the sparkling wine catered and it was a surprise to them. It was their idea to make the Mimosas.

I had 2.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdskyguy
I stick with decaf, which is instant, but to me tastes better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.