Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PTahCha
It's about the seat, you silly.
Yes, it is all about the seat.

And UA would sell a lot more seats if they prioritized SERVICE just a little bit.

So keep selling seats. Or spend 0.26/passenger more on peanuts and hire a few managers that know how to run a service business and reward/reprimand employees as needed.

Then you can sell seats + service for pretty much the same cost. All that you need to do is move your gaze from the stock ticker over to the product just a bit. I bet it will start moving, prove me wrong
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:38 pm

Why does this flight say "meals for purchase" in business class? It says the same for first class too, but the timing fits the lunch window.

Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
Why does this flight say "meals for purchase" in business class? It says the same for first class too, but the timing fits the lunch window.

Worry not, lunch is served.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
11/28
ORD EWR 4:05pm Dinner flight- layflat seats, 757.

Tomato red pepper soup which was good.
Warm ham and cheese on pretzel sour dough roll - not bad.

Warm cookies.

Exceptional crew - it's a task in 1.5 hours to serve 16 people - they never stopped moving - drinks kept filled, truly outstanding service.

(only comment - it was a lunch service, despite saying, and being dinner-time.)
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Worry not, lunch is served.
Thank you Matthew.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Some recent meals that surprised me with their quality:

DEN-HNL - B757 BusinessFirst Seat (Int'l Config)
Choice was Chicken Cacciatore or Spinach Cannelloni
Both served with warm nuts to begin, side salad, roll and ice cream sundae for dessert.

I opted for the Cannelloni:

HNL-EWR Overnight Flight - B764 (BusinessFirst Seat)
Cheeseburger offered as "Snack", served on a pretzel roll. They were overcooked and dry and I felt this particular crew lead was not interested in creating a positive experience, it was far more about being done and turning off the lights. Understand that being efficient is a good idea for a nighttime flight, but the quality suffered. There was a full breakfast service before arrival in EWR. This seems like an upgrade from what I've heard before was a cold snack plate and then a scone before arrival.

EWR-PTY - B739 (Domestic First Seat, no IFE)
Printed menus featured:
Pork Tenderloin dish
Chicken Adobo
Spinach Cannelloni

I chose the Chicken Adobo - was full of spice and very pleasant, chicken was moist.

Dessert was Key Lime Pie.

PTY-IAH - B739 (Domestic First Seat, no IFE)
Choices were:
Seafood Risotto - featuring Shrimp & Scallops

Steak & Chicken Sampler (2 oz cuts of beef and chicken, beef is below chicken in this photo)

Dessert with Key Lime Pie

SFO-HNL - B738 (Domestic First Class Seat)
I don't recall the second choice but I opted for the Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin and red sauce. Served with a salad and ice cream sundae for dessert.

I was pleased to see some new options on the menu, not sure why I haven't really seen these in the thread yet, hope they provide some hope for us all that things are turning around a bit.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:24 pm

I guess the caterer sometimes drops the ball in choosing appropriate items for the mid-cons. Today's choice was ... chicken or turkey. The chicken salad was good, and the mexican soup had a nice kick. No complaints from me.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Some recent meals that surprised me with their quality:

DEN-HNL - B757 BusinessFirst Seat (Int'l Config)
Choice was Chicken Cacciatore or Spinach Cannelloni
Both served with warm nuts to begin, side salad, roll and ice cream sundae for dessert.

I opted for the Cannelloni:

2 1/2 years and the chicken cacciatore and canneloni are still around.... That's the same food in domestic F seat to Hawaii frequently, so BF seat certainly still doesn't come w/ better food to Hawaii. Hopefully you were referring to some of the other items you described, quality-wise - the key lime pie looked OK...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
2 1/2 years and the chicken cacciatore and canneloni are still around.... That's the same food in domestic F seat to Hawaii frequently, so BF seat certainly still doesn't come w/ better food to Hawaii. Hopefully you were referring to some of the other items you described, quality-wise - the key lime pie looked OK...
Sadly, those are two of the best dishes in the mix.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: UA1K
11/28
IAH-DEN
737-900 (no entertainment)

refreshments and snack basket. pretty pathetic.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Sadly, those are two of the best dishes in the mix.
I disagree. The short rib (in the rotation for at least as long) is better, IMHO. It's actually a cut of beef that stands up to airline catering. Unfortunately, the last piece I had was no larger than my big toe.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I disagree. The short rib (in the rotation for at least as long) is better, IMHO. It's actually a cut of beef that stands up to airline catering. Unfortunately, the last piece I had was no larger than my big toe.
^^ to the short rib. I'm a huge fresh pasta fan, which is probably why I skip the pasta dish when I have a choice.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Chicken/steak sampler & key lime pie...new, no?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YMMV. I find the short rib far too small and stringy. Tastes like mystery meat as well.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
YMMV. I find the short rib far too small and stringy. Tastes like mystery meat as well.
Yeah whats up with that? People rave about it and I tried one bite and once sent it back for a snack box. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.