Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by COA777
Does anyone have any insight as to when the Prosecco will begin flowing in First Class on domestic flights?
Served on SNA-ORD, November 3 - Continental 737-700.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by mike1968
In my experience...pretty much always. If there is a vegetarian friendly option, they load maybe 2? Unless you are GS, maybe 1K you will go hungry. Paid F...ha!...bring your own meal idiot...that's the jist of the CO CS on the topic...as well as all the CO lovers on here.
I know so many people who aren't vegetarian but will usually take a meatless option if there is one. Really doesn't make any sense
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by horse glasses
I know so many people who aren't vegetarian but will usually take a meatless option if there is one. Really doesn't make any sense
Definitely works for all folks, who try to minimize red meat consumption.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Prosecco served on Friday Nov 7 on DEN-SFO. FA proactively offered to create a custom surprise beverage after ordering a Cape Cod. Prosecco with splash of cran and something else. Really good and refreshing if a tad sweet.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by rch4u
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Prosecco served on Friday Nov 7 on DEN-SFO. FA proactively offered to create a custom surprise beverage after ordering a Cape Cod. Prosecco with splash of cran and something else. Really good and refreshing if a tad sweet.
Thanks! Did either of you catch the brand by any chance?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
on an evening SFO-BOS run in 2E/F.
pdb of whatever you want + hot towel!

choice of chicken or pasta, with the FA proactively asking if we would take pasta if she ran out of chicken. appreciate the honesty, and i know that UA prioritizes in the galley, but a little awkward. just save everyone time and order the service by whatever metric (paid F, then upgrades, nonrevs last, or whatever). outside of that, service was great.

the best that the SFO chicken farm had to offer, chicken, green beans, rice, and some kind of jarred tomato sauce. about on par with post 9/1 AA offerings, and probably not the first time you have all seen this given SMI/J's dislike for variety.

my companion passed out but when she woke, the FAs offered her a pasta...i think it was ravioli in tomato sauce? not terrible. totally forgot about the packet of "cheese".

mini sundae
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: UA1K
may have to see if i can do a mimosa saturday morning...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by psychoandy
my companion passed out but when she woke, the FAs offered her a pasta...i think it was ravioli in tomato sauce? not terrible. totally forgot about the packet of "cheese".

Hey look, it's that same meal they serve in GF!!!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by COA777
Does anyone have any insight as to when the Prosecco will begin flowing in First Class on domestic flights? Last month's inflight magazine said it would begin in November, but on a flight on Nov. 1, a flight attendant up front looked at me like I was nuts during pre-departure beverage service when I asked if they had sparkling wine.
Same thing happened to me. I asked for prosecco, she didn't know what I was talking about, then said sparkling wine, and she brought me sparkling water. When I tried to clarify again she said they had chardonnay but that was it.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Same thing happened to me. I asked for prosecco, she didn't know what I was talking about, then said sparkling wine, and she brought me sparkling water. When I tried to clarify again she said they had chardonnay but that was it.
So ask for an extra glass, mix and sparkling white! Rosé is just red/white blended, right?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
So ask for an extra glass, mix and sparkling white! Rosé is just red/white blended, right?
Actually, I think that is pretty close to what is served as pre-departure "Champagne" on TPAC/TATL
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For a SAN-EWR red-eye what can I expect? I see some weird burrito thing a few pages back, I hope that's not it... I'd ask about a vegetarian option but I think I already know the answer!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by rch4u
Was served Proseco on 11-3 LAS-SFO, even though I ordered white wine. I guess the FA, wanted to let me know they had something new
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
IAD-DEN
UA 505
A319
7:00P-8:59P
November 11, 2014
Dinner

Excellent service including PDBs and a double round of drinks before dinner. Choice of hoisin beef or penne pasta. Went with the beef which was a tender pot roast cut with delicious sauce. Noodles and broccoli were both excellent and perfectly prepared. Though if I hadn't just spend 15 hours in Etihad First, I might have wanted a larger serving of beef. Nevertheless, this meal was better than any AA meal since Discount Dougie shredded my old airline.

Last edited by SFO777; Nov 12, 2014 at 7:08 am
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
IAHSAN
DEP 1257P
Flight started off with PDBs but FA had no idea about prosecco and when I tried to explain or ask for sparkling wine she brought sparkling water.

I initially got all excited knowing I'd have the new lunch options and was given the choice of either a chicken salad or chedder and beef melt both served with cream of mushroom soup.

Well I should have opted for the salad; the sandwich was overcooked (I noticed the FA was turning the ovens on before we even pushed back) and the cheese had turned into something like wet butter. The dryness was further complicated by a crew that spent most of the time chatting and had to be flagged down for refills. Cookies and nuts were pretty much overcooked as well, though I can't say I've ever really enjoyed the nuts on UA in years.

And then I flew DL the other day SANATL.....um where do I begin. Presentation, options were Calzone or Salmon, FA's were incredibly friendly and kept drinks filled. The lunch was actually balanced and had some thought put into it. Even with the "upgrades" to the meal service, UA has a ways to go

Last edited by qukslvr619; Nov 12, 2014 at 7:27 am Reason: resized images

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.