Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too have seen it in FC on RJs.

I was hoping that OP's post meant they were including Cracker Jacks in the snack boxes. Oh well.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I get the snack box like that every time.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
This is what is supposed to be done with the boxes. It is a serving standard that is expected from the UX crews. Those that don't are being lazy.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I have only seen this done on Skywest. And while I appreciate that they are "classing" the boxes up, I often enjoy the sealed boxes I get on the likes of Mesa and GoJet, so that I can take them home with me after the flight to snack on later. YMMV.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Snack Box Surprise on UX today

I've seen this before, despite being on very few UX segments long enough for a snack box in F - maybe 2 in the last couple of years. I'm pretty sure it was GoJet, but was possibly Skywest.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I often enjoy the sealed boxes I get on the likes of Mesa and GoJet, so that I can take them home with me after the flight to snack on later. YMMV.
Also, with the sealed snack box, one is assured that the FA hasn't "gleaned" it before serving.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Yes, it's nice when they "fluff" the box

I've seen it before on SkyWest, too.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: UA Gold
Every Skywest flight (that's long enough) in F I've ever flown has done the snack box fluff. It's a nice touch instead of just throwing the box on the tray table.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: UA: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
My wife and I received complimentary upgrades for our flight between EWR-SFO a couple weeks ago. Dinner was served.

Before the meal, the flight attendant delivered a round of drinks and the cup of warm nuts. We started with a salad (no shrimp) and a cold appetizer platter that consisted mostly of prosciutto, roasted tomatoes and mozzarella balls. Can't remember what else was on there.

We had a choice of three entrees: steak, barbecue chicken and pasta with marinara sauce. I had the chicken, which came with a side of white rice and vegetables. I had no issues with it. My wife had the steak, which she liked, but she found the gnocchi it came with to be fairly inedible.

The dessert was a sundae with a whole bunch of options.

All told, we were satisfied with the service.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I seem to only fly skywest and ive always just been tossed the box, sometimes with the wrapper fully on. Never have been presented a box that way.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
UA 209
January 19
IAD-LAX
Lunch
A320 pmUA crew

During boarding, any choice PDBs were served.

After takeoff, meal selection was sorted by status. This part I've always hated about UA, it's just tacky to watch the FA jump all over the cabin (I know you all seem to like it, so I guess I'm the minority). I knew I would be last, given that I was a lowly non-UA Star Gold, so I had eaten well in the LH lounge beforehand just in case...

Choices were either:

1. Shrimp and spinach pasta
2. Peppercorn steak with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables

I was really hoping not to get stuck with the shrimp pasta, as I don't eat seafood. Thankfully the shrimp pasta was the popular choice, and the FA was professional in the way he asked me if the steak was alright (of course it was!).

Warm nuts were served, then all items were brought out on one tray. One thing I will say is the shrimp appetizer was hilarious. I've never seen such small, pathetic 'shrimp' in my life! That being said, the meal was alright, pretty bad showing for transcon, especially being used to AA meals. The steak was way overdone, and would have been inedible without the (salty) peppercorn sauce.

After clearing trays, the FA brought out custom sundaes. I asked him to go light on the toppings, and he did well with that request. Ice cream was pretty hard though.

Our FA was very good about coming through the cabin every so often for refills. He also came through about 2 hours before landing with the snack basket.

All in all it was an acceptable flight. Not having flown UA in F in a long time it's pretty crazy to see what it's become. This plane had wifi, no other IFE which is a mistake in my book. UA seems to be stepping backwards to what present day US is like. Sad, really.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
1/16/14 PHL-ORD UA1290
B738
Flight time: 2hr 24min
9:45am departure

Snack basket service only.

Website shows:
220–899 miles
(Approximately 1–2.5 hours)
Warmed, all-natural breakfast scones or a selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit.

Do they consider "Premium Snacks" to be the chips and finger sized Toblerone and Cliff Bars?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
What should I expect on a 4:08pm EWR-ORD dinner service?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
Originally Posted by Peppep
I got the burger/shrimp salad options last time on this flight
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Peppep
Originally Posted by UAGLOBAL
I got the burger/shrimp salad options last time on this flight
Not sure if it is the same on the 4:08PM flight, for the past three Mondays and most recently yesterday, dinner on the 4:59PM EWR-ORD was a choice of angus burger or chicken salad with french onion soup and a chocolate chip cookie after dinner. What is weird is that only the first person received condiments with his burger while all others had burger without condiments. When asked, the flight attendant said she didn't have any...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.