Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
My rule of thumb w/UA is, unless you're flying a TCON or int'l BF, you're not getting a meal, you're getting "some food". "Some food" will tide you over, but it won't be that tasty IMO (not like AA's meals ). So I'd supplement if I were you.
Ahh. I think I see pattern on this forum ^ We`ll be sure not to get on our flights hungry

Last edited by SASDC8; Jan 8, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SASDC8
Just booked EWR-SXM-EWR in business, and when ordering the tickets the web page says that there will be served Lunch on the flight from SXM (UA1631) which has a STD at 1304. But on the e-ticket receipt is says that they will serve Snack, so which one should I trust? The web page or the receipt?

Cheers
After 1300, I believe you get a snack instead of lunch. Snack should be better than a refreshment though.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
Originally Posted by eng3
Quote:

Originally Posted by SASDC8

Just booked EWR-SXM-EWR in business, and when ordering the tickets the web page says that there will be served Lunch on the flight from SXM (UA1631) which has a STD at 1304. But on the e-ticket receipt is says that they will serve Snack, so which one should I trust? The web page or the receipt?

Cheers

After 1300, I believe you get a snack instead of lunch. Snack should be better than a refreshment though.
As stated earlier, I took SXM-ORD departing at 2:27pm-flight blocked at over 6 hours- and received the snack plate and nothing more.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

This doesn't particularly excite me, but United just tweeted this out.

@united: Delicious news: We now serve #glutenfree soups on domestic lunch and dinner flights in United First and United Business.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

@united: Delicious news: We now serve #glutenfree soups on domestic lunch and dinner flights in United First and United Business.
"Delicious"-unlikely. "Glutton-free"-certainly.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by JetAway
"Delicious"-unlikely. "Glutton-free"-certainly.
..or Glutton free?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by demkr

So 1) soup is now available with both lunch and dinner?

And 2) nothing like gluten free soup to go alongside a calzone or burrito...

Hoping there is some change on that front too.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium

Wonder if the dinner thing was a mistake - though on shorter flights like Den-sfo "dinner" is really lunch
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
2) nothing like gluten free soup to go alongside a calzone or burrito...

Hoping there is some change on that front too.
Don't forget the delectable side of bread roll instead of salad or fruit.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA1689/DEN-SFO
Aircraft/Seat: 737-800/2B
Departure Time/Duration: 7:00 a.m./2:47
Meal: Breakfast

Basic UA breakfast of late; I chose the croissant instead of the cinnamon roll. The fruit bowl was a bit more generous than some I've had recently.

Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA720/SFO-DEN
Aircraft/Seat: 757-200/5E
Departure Time/Duration: 2:44 p.m./2:29
Meal: Lunch

Nuts and some red wine to start; an sUA aircraft but an sCO water glass.

Choice of a shrimp salad or a "chicken club wrap" that turned out to be the burrito-type offering. The shrimp (six of them) were served separate from the salad.

Not a bad salad once it was assembled; the mushroom bisque was above average.

After lunch, the crew served warm, cranberry white chocolate cookies.

Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Premier Platinum, Hertz PC
I'm looking at ORD-DEN flights in F. Given the new meal policies and exception for this city pair, one would think that the 8:29p departure (UA1177) would be a Snack, but United.com shows Refreshments. Does United provide Refreshments on later flights that usually get meals?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
old news

The introduced the gluten free soups back in November. They still only offer soup during domestic F lunch flights and while it would be nice if they offered them with dinner like in the PMCO days, I highly doubt they would improve anything. I mean they still have the same menus from two years ago so since someone at UA is under the impression that the food is "well received" why change?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
The introduced the gluten free soups back in November. They still only offer soup during domestic F lunch flights and while it would be nice if they offered them with dinner like in the PMCO days, I highly doubt they would improve anything.
I was served soup with my domestic mid-con (IAH-DCA) cheeseburger dinner (5:55pm departure time) in late December 2013. It was a sUA A319 if that matters.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bse118
I was served soup with my domestic mid-con (IAH-DCA) cheeseburger dinner (5:55pm departure time) in late December 2013. It was a sUA A319 if that matters.
Let me rephrase that....the longer mid-cons that get more than salad/sandwich option such. I would have thought that DCA got a proper dinner, given the market, but there seems to be a lack of consistency in which routes get what.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.