Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Old Jan 7, 14, 1:04 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BodÝ, Norway
Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Posts: 536
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
My rule of thumb w/UA is, unless you're flying a TCON or int'l BF, you're not getting a meal, you're getting "some food". "Some food" will tide you over, but it won't be that tasty IMO (not like AA's meals ). So I'd supplement if I were you.
Ahh. I think I see pattern on this forum ^ We`ll be sure not to get on our flights hungry

Last edited by SASDC8; Jan 8, 14 at 2:10 pm
SASDC8 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 3:23 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PHL
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Gold
Posts: 3,739
Originally Posted by SASDC8 View Post
Just booked EWR-SXM-EWR in business, and when ordering the tickets the web page says that there will be served Lunch on the flight from SXM (UA1631) which has a STD at 1304. But on the e-ticket receipt is says that they will serve Snack, so which one should I trust? The web page or the receipt?

Cheers
After 1300, I believe you get a snack instead of lunch. Snack should be better than a refreshment though.
eng3 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 14, 4:34 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ORD/EGE
Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by eng3 View Post
Quote:





Originally Posted by SASDC8


Just booked EWR-SXM-EWR in business, and when ordering the tickets the web page says that there will be served Lunch on the flight from SXM (UA1631) which has a STD at 1304. But on the e-ticket receipt is says that they will serve Snack, so which one should I trust? The web page or the receipt?

Cheers




After 1300, I believe you get a snack instead of lunch. Snack should be better than a refreshment though.
As stated earlier, I took SXM-ORD departing at 2:27pm-flight blocked at over 6 hours- and received the snack plate and nothing more.
UAGLOBAL is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 9:09 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New England
Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Posts: 6,327
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

This doesn't particularly excite me, but United just tweeted this out.

@united: Delicious news: We now serve #glutenfree soups on domestic lunch and dinner flights in United First and United Business.
demkr is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 9:13 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 4,110
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

This doesn't particularly excite me, but United just tweeted this out.

@united: Delicious news: We now serve #glutenfree soups on domestic lunch and dinner flights in United First and United Business.
"Delicious"-unlikely. "Glutton-free"-certainly.
JetAway is online now  
Old Jan 8, 14, 9:25 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Posts: 2,039
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
"Delicious"-unlikely. "Glutton-free"-certainly.
..or Glutton free?
boss315 is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 9:26 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC: UA 1K, DL Platinum, AAirpass, Avis PC
Posts: 4,599
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

This doesn't particularly excite me, but United just tweeted this out.

@united: Delicious news: We now serve #glutenfree soups on domestic lunch and dinner flights in United First and United Business.
So 1) soup is now available with both lunch and dinner?

And 2) nothing like gluten free soup to go alongside a calzone or burrito...

Hoping there is some change on that front too.
cerealmarketer is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 9:37 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New England
Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Posts: 6,327
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Wonder if the dinner thing was a mistake - though on shorter flights like Den-sfo "dinner" is really lunch
demkr is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 11:02 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MSP
Programs: DL PM, Amtrak & OAL peon, Blingy metal at most hotels, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 4,496
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer View Post
2) nothing like gluten free soup to go alongside a calzone or burrito...

Hoping there is some change on that front too.
Don't forget the delectable side of bread roll instead of salad or fruit.
GoAmtrak is online now  
Old Jan 8, 14, 11:46 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
Posts: 3,141
Flight/Route: UA1689/DEN-SFO
Aircraft/Seat: 737-800/2B
Departure Time/Duration: 7:00 a.m./2:47
Meal: Breakfast


Basic UA breakfast of late; I chose the croissant instead of the cinnamon roll. The fruit bowl was a bit more generous than some I've had recently.

Kurt is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 11:55 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
Posts: 3,141
Flight/Route: UA720/SFO-DEN
Aircraft/Seat: 757-200/5E
Departure Time/Duration: 2:44 p.m./2:29
Meal: Lunch


Nuts and some red wine to start; an sUA aircraft but an sCO water glass.



Choice of a shrimp salad or a "chicken club wrap" that turned out to be the burrito-type offering. The shrimp (six of them) were served separate from the salad.



Not a bad salad once it was assembled; the mushroom bisque was above average.



After lunch, the crew served warm, cranberry white chocolate cookies.

Kurt is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 8:33 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Premier Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 33
I'm looking at ORD-DEN flights in F. Given the new meal policies and exception for this city pair, one would think that the 8:29p departure (UA1177) would be a Snack, but United.com shows Refreshments. Does United provide Refreshments on later flights that usually get meals?
villi is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 12:29 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: STL
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,322
old news

The introduced the gluten free soups back in November. They still only offer soup during domestic F lunch flights and while it would be nice if they offered them with dinner like in the PMCO days, I highly doubt they would improve anything. I mean they still have the same menus from two years ago so since someone at UA is under the impression that the food is "well received" why change?
qukslvr619 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 1:01 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DEN
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,935
Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
The introduced the gluten free soups back in November. They still only offer soup during domestic F lunch flights and while it would be nice if they offered them with dinner like in the PMCO days, I highly doubt they would improve anything.
I was served soup with my domestic mid-con (IAH-DCA) cheeseburger dinner (5:55pm departure time) in late December 2013. It was a sUA A319 if that matters.
bse118 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 2:29 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: STL
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,322
Originally Posted by bse118 View Post
I was served soup with my domestic mid-con (IAH-DCA) cheeseburger dinner (5:55pm departure time) in late December 2013. It was a sUA A319 if that matters.
Let me rephrase that....the longer mid-cons that get more than salad/sandwich option such. I would have thought that DCA got a proper dinner, given the market, but there seems to be a lack of consistency in which routes get what.
qukslvr619 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: