Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by bse118
I was served soup with my domestic mid-con (IAH-DCA) cheeseburger dinner (5:55pm departure time) in late December 2013. It was a sUA A319 if that matters.
Me too, BWI-IAH in July on a sCO 739. Dep time around 5:30pm. Rest of the meal was that inedible burrito. Soup was good though.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
Originally Posted by BrianCUnited
Quote:

Originally Posted by bse118

I was served soup with my domestic mid-con (IAH-DCA) cheeseburger dinner (5:55pm departure time) in late December 2013. It was a sUA A319 if that matters.

Me too, BWI-IAH in July on a sCO 739. Dep time around 5:30pm. Rest of the meal was that inedible burrito. Soup was good though.
Just to be clear- the Burger and Burrito are both considered "lunch" entrees by UA, but often times (^^) get "miscatered" onto dinner flights. The dinner entrees are the Beef with noodles, chicken cacciatore, spinach filled pasta etc and are served with a tiny appetizer and salad bowl.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UAGLOBAL
Just to be clear- the Burger and Burrito are both considered "lunch" entrees by UA, but often times (^^) get "miscatered" onto dinner flights. The dinner entrees are the Beef with noodles, chicken cacciatore, spinach filled pasta etc and are served with a tiny appetizer and salad bowl.
I would not call it "miscatered". It seems the new norm (for at least the last year) has been what we used to call lunch (burrito/hamburger/calazone or salad with soup) is standard for dinner on short hauls and on some former mid-con routes that used to have the heartier dinner service.

In most cases, I actually prefer the "lunch" to the "dinner".
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by UAGLOBAL
MatthewLAX is correct.
I've fly PHX-IAH very frequently dating deep into the pmCO days.
This "shorter" market has never had the "dinner" options during dinner time flights, always the "lunch".
It used to be that the cheeseburger/burrito/pita (now calzone) "lunch" would differ in that lunch flights had a fruit bowl while dinner flights had salad. Now they're both the same with soup and dinner roll as the only sides.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Flight/Route: UA1152/IAD-DEN
Aircraft/Seat: 737-900/4B
Departure Time/Duration: 8:12 a.m./3:34
Meal: Breakfast

Pre-departure beverage of choice. Orders taken front to back but I did see that 1K and GS was written next to names on the order sheet. Choice of cereal with fruit or cheese omelet. Yogurt serving seemed smaller but fruit cup seemed larger. FA also came around with basket of cinnamon rolls and croissants. Great service throughout the flight.

Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
ORD-SMF
UA310

Airbus 320
Meal: Lunch

Choice of Chicken Wrap or Shrimp Salad
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: UA2MM AND 1K, HYATT GLOBALIST, AVIS PRES CLUB.
What can I expect?

Just wondering if anyone knows what I should expect for my FC "Snack" on an 8:00 pm departure - IAD to LAS, a 5 hour flight. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by hirohito888
ORD-SMF
UA310

Airbus 320
Meal: Lunch

Choice of Chicken Wrap or Shrimp Salad
That looks horrible - not a vegetable or fruit in sight. I can't believe the FA would serve the cookie with the meal on a flight that long.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by rch4u
That looks horrible - not a vegetable or fruit in sight. I can't believe the FA would serve the cookie with the meal on a flight that long.
I can't either. I'm guessing the poster just let the food sit there until the cookie came out, in order to get the full meal in one shot to post on FT, rather than actually eat it. Mind you, this would not have been an unreasonable choice, given that lame meal that's been around for months and months.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by jhtraveller
Just wondering if anyone knows what I should expect for my FC "Snack" on an 8:00 pm departure - IAD to LAS, a 5 hour flight. Thanks for your help.
Cold plate. Most likely vegetarian with pita chips, hummus, cheese, couscous, olives, artichokes.

Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
MSP-SFO dinner flight earlier this month.

Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Although it seems like nothing can be worse, I recall a 2007 meal service from ORD-SJC in which the lunch was pizza, bread, and a brownie. One of my worst ever meals on UA. At least there is soup here...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
The vegetable would be the shrimp salad. It's meat or veggies, you can't have both on this airline

Originally Posted by st530
I can't either. I'm guessing the poster just let the food sit there until the cookie came out, in order to get the full meal in one shot to post on FT, rather than actually eat it. Mind you, this would not have been an unreasonable choice, given that lame meal that's been around for months and months.
haha - cause you know the food isn't tasty and just let it sit, wait for the cookie, and the meal service to end....but yeah, the FA served everything at once. Chicken wrap was ok.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, National Exec. Elite, Hilton Gold, GE
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
SMI/J is smiling at the potential cost savings of losing the fruit bowl, while sitting comfortably in the seat pocket in front of you.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Flight/Route: UA1152/IAD-DEN
Aircraft/Seat: 737-900/4B
Departure Time/Duration: 8:12 a.m./3:34
Meal: Breakfast

Pre-departure beverage of choice. Orders taken front to back but I did see that 1K and GS was written next to names on the order sheet. Choice of cereal with fruit or cheese omelet. Yogurt serving seemed smaller but fruit cup seemed larger. FA also came around with basket of cinnamon rolls and croissants. Great service throughout the flight.

I noticed I had a wine glass on a recent breakfast flight. Seems if Jeff wants to save a few pennies, loading fewer wine glasses (esp on the trays) for breakfast flights would make a lot sense. I mean, they don't serve bread on a plate - they cheap it out with a bowl - seems like the new United's catering isn't interested in polish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.