Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Starman
Please do let us know if it eventually tickets automatically! This is a problem many of us are interested in, and there seems to be no uniform experience base. One might guess that if you phone in and talk to a human about this, you'll end up worse off! Do I understand correctly from your post that not only is there no UA metal, but also no UA codeshare flight numbers? Sounds like you're pretty lucky to have the website even forward it for ticketing. I've never been able to get the website to even offer me all *A itins with no UA flight numbers, but that's a separate issue.
Indeed, no UA metal flights or codeshares but all *A. Found it on the UA website. If it doesn't automatically ticket, who do I call to get it ticketed?
Old May 21, 2016, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sannmann
Has anyone recently had experience booking a *A revenue itinerary on 016 stock without any UA segments? I booked one on united.com about six hours ago involving three *A carriers. I got the "codeshare ticketing delay" e-mail and suppose I may have to wait up to 24 hours for ticketing. What should I do if it doesn't ticket by then?
That's a function of booking on certain carriers (particularly SK or OS) rather than a no UA segment itinerary. When I've booked TG or AV itineraries on UA stock, they've ticketed virtually instantly.

If it doesn't ticket w/in 24 hours, call. They may or may not be able to fix it for you; but it's better than doing nothing.
Old May 21, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
After 14 hours, it ticketed. Includes flights on LH, LX, and SA.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA
Had a ticket on 016 ticket stock flying Swiss (one way) ZRH -> PRG but the miles posted were now based on W and I got a lot less award miles and no PDQ showing up.
Is the only way to get this fixed to call or can I submit a missing mileage credit (it actually is not missing, just wrong)?
Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by German Expat
Had a ticket on 016 ticket stock flying Swiss (one way) ZRH -> PRG but the miles posted were now based on W and I got a lot less award miles and no PDQ showing up.
Is the only way to get this fixed to call or can I submit a missing mileage credit (it actually is not missing, just wrong)?
Thanks
Call or email. Missing credit will see that something credited and reject the request.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Buying *A partner flights through UA

Is there a way to buy an itinerary of *A partner flights through UA so that you can still earn PQDs? I would like to buy a round trip EWR-ARN operated by SAS through United, but I can't find it online. Worth a call to the 1k desk? Would I even be able to get it in the same fare class?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lushwave
Is there a way to buy an itinerary of *A partner flights through UA so that you can still earn PQDs? I would like to buy a round trip EWR-ARN operated by SAS through United, but I can't find it online. Worth a call to the 1k desk? Would I even be able to get it in the same fare class?

Thanks!
There could be a couple of issues here -- it is difficult to purchases on UA.com an all non-UA ticket (difficult but not necessarily impossible for some partners -- this thread is about that) and

Secondly SAS / SK flights have been problematic -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-searches.html

And thirdly, except for Joint Venture (JV) partners, UA will give preference to its own operated flights.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
You can call, however, and book with an agent. This will generally work for partner flights, but depending on the fare rules forcing an 016 ticket may or may not give the same price.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Delayed Ticketing on TG

Originally Posted by Kacee
When I've booked TG or AV itineraries on UA stock, they've ticketed virtually instantly.
Quoting myself, because I spoke to soon.

Now at 7 hours waiting for a TG revenue booking to ticket. Called UA to see what was going on, got an absolutely clueless rep who kept insisting the ticket hadn't issued because I hadn't paid for it - despite e-mail confirm that says "You will not be charged until your ticket is issued."

May just cancel and buy super cheap nonaccruing TG ticket ($62 vs $177 for C ticket on 016 stock).
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
What happened to Award booking workaround (for paid non-UA tix)?

Not that long ago, when you purchased an award ticket with miles, it would give you the option to book it with cash... even when not on UA. Is that option entirely gone now? It was very useful when traveling in Peru (LIM to CUZ tickets). That option no longer seems to come up.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:50 am

Update on my TG ticket.

First reservation simply disappeared overnight. Could have been vindictive agent who insisted I hadn't paid yet. I made another booking. Didn't even receive a confirmation e-mail from UA this time, and after about 12 hours, still no ticket issued, so I went ahead and booked direct with TG. Then a few hours after that received an e-mail from UA confirming the second reservation had ticketed

Twenty minutes on the phone with TG Bangkok ticket office to cancel the TG ticket.

So end of story, I will get my PQD and RDM, but it sure wasn't easy.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Air Canada

Noting that the cheapest tickets on Air Canada sorted from least expensive are:
K, A, L, T, S

I tried booking a round trip LAX-YVR on straight AC metal where AC shows no K availability but A available in both directions, 1K desk was unable to price the A fare but able to do the L fare, however there was a about $40 difference in each direction.

They said A is problematic because on UA, A is a premium fare so it doesn't give them the option. Do you know any workaround for this?

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by sjefenole
Noting that the cheapest tickets on Air Canada sorted from least expensive are:
K, A, L, T, S

I tried booking a round trip LAX-YVR on straight AC metal where AC shows no K availability but A available in both directions, 1K desk was unable to price the A fare but able to do the L fare, however there was a about $40 difference in each direction.

They said A is problematic because on UA, A is a premium fare so it doesn't give them the option. Do you know any workaround for this?

Thanks
Do the fare rules for the AC A fare permit plating on NON-AC stock?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Do the fare rules for the AC A fare permit plating on NON-AC stock?
I pulled up a sample A roundtrip fare from LAX/YVR and it doesn't show a plating restriction.

Originally Posted by sjefenole
This doesn't make any sense and sounds like a MOLA (Mistaken or Lying Agent). Fare classes are not standardized across airlines, except for F, C, and Y. If they're trying to book AC flight numbers using an AC fare, their system should be able to pull up A the same as it would pull up any other class -- it shouldn't try to match it to a UA class. The display on the website may be weird -- it may try to tell you that you're in first class -- but they should be able to book it for you.

It's possible that there was another fare restriction that was being violated (advance purchase, minimum stay, etc.). Try the search on matrix.itasoftware.com . If you're able to find the fare there, it will provide the fare basis code on the confirmation screen. When you call UA, if they're still giving you the runaround, ask them to try the fare basis that you got from ITA. (If you're not able to find the fare on ITA, that's probably an indication that the fare doesn't apply for one of the reasons I listed).
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Not that long ago, when you purchased an award ticket with miles, it would give you the option to book it with cash... even when not on UA. Is that option entirely gone now? It was very useful when traveling in Peru (LIM to CUZ tickets). That option no longer seems to come up.
Not sure, but it's been gone for tickets involving UA metal for a while - replaced with the economy plus essentials, etc. upsell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.