Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS 75K, BA Gold, AF Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
Yes but then I call in and have the flight # changed so I can apply a GPU.
yes, this.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Per the other thread I started last week about the revenue and benefits UA gets from ticketing wholly non-UA itineraries, I have successfully this month booked and flown:

SQ wholly operated/coded flights intra-Asia
NH wholly operated/coded flights intra-Asia

The NH flights I understand because of the JV. I was surprised UA ticketed SQ without any other segments on it.

Note: UA will only sell non-discount buckets on SQ on their website. Since I was booking and flying out the same day (return only had business class open), I chose UA for 21,000 miles on the ticket instead of the 3,300 I would have gotten if I ticketed elsewhere. Also, UA charged me $100 more than SQ wanted.

The NH flights earn me just a few hundred more miles for the ticket but the ticket cost was exactly the same. Not that I need higher PQD in UA, but the extra few miles are nice for flying the exact same flights and paying the exact same price.

Not to mention the main reason I do this is the 24-hour cancellation policy that UA gives on all tickets. Asian carriers don't allow this.

-RM
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, by calling United and asking to be ticketed on the specific flights. There is no guarantee, however, that the low fare you are seeing may be plated on 016 - this process may generate a higher price.
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't believe UA can ticket that fare. Same with the cheap SK fares.
When looking for intra Asia flights, I was able to buy (operating word ABLE, but not willing) some on UAL.com, but the price was ridiculous - I'm guessing the codeshares were booking into full Y

You can probably buy a LOT ticket on 016 stock, but not for the price you want to pay
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
That's a real shame. LOT has by far the lowest PE fares I've seen in *A, but I'm not willing to forgo $1000 of PQD for it. Stuck flying UA or LH in Y, I guess.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by segiddins
That's a real shame. LOT has by far the lowest PE fares I've seen in *A, but I'm not willing to forgo $1000 of PQD for it. Stuck flying UA or LH in Y, I guess.
You can certainly call and try, I didn't mean to discourage that. Just be aware the LO fare you're looking at may be limited to ticketing on LO stock.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:23 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Just be aware the LO fare you're looking at may be limited to ticketing on LO stock.
Indeed. Almost forgot that little jewel
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't believe UA can ticket that fare. Same with the cheap SK fares.
I used to be able to force Google Flights to book via UA.com, but I can't seem to do it anymore.

I found a really nice itinerary with SK TATL legs. I want to book it on 016 stock so I can get my PDQ and Pre-Check.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have been able to ask my travel agent to book RTW itinerary on 016 stocks without having a single segment on UA.

Also, as others have mentioned, a number of intran Asia flights on 016 stocks.

Again, travel agents sometimes can do wonders instead of us calling United directly. TA is able to call UA sales office directly instead of us calling frontline UA agents.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I recently booked non-codeshare Avianca flights BOG-CUZ via United. The price was the same as directly booking with Avianca as a customer in Colombia. It actually ended up a little cheaper due to Avianca charging a credit card fee. But typically I find its way more expensive to book this way.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:40 pm

Need help buying SQ ticket on UA 016 stock

I am trying to buy an A class ticket SYD-NRT on SQ in July using fare basis APRAUPO.

Neither United.com, web support or the 1K desk can get it to price.
In fact, United doesn't even see first class as a valid inventory on one of the flights.

The fare prices through my travel agency using Apollo and Sabre and through Singapore Airlines. The agency is strictly prohibited from issuing tickets on 016 stock with no UA flights so they can't do it.

I checked expert flyer and used the fare search to validate the dates and fare and it appears there too.

Any suggestions? Buying it on 016 will get me so many more RDMs!

Departing SYD on 07/19/17 for NRT
Fare basis code APRAUPO
Flying SQ
Routing via Eastern Hemisphere
Routing code 01

APRAUPO SQ A Round-Trip 5282.00(USD) F -- / 12M
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The "SALES RESTRICTIONS" portion of the fare rules for that fare basis seem to say

Code:
 TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON THE STOCK OF SQ OR MI AND
   MAY NOT BE SOLD IN AUSTRALIA/EGYPT. AND MAY ONLY BE
   SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3. SOTO/SOTI TRANSACTIONS
   PERMITTED. SITI/SITO TRANSACTIONS NOT PERMITTED.
         NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
          APPLICABLE ONLY ON SQ 618 OR MI 629 TICKET STOCK.
I think the SQ/MI ticket stock restriction in the fare rules is going to make it really tough for you to get the UA rate desk to issue this fare on United ticket stock. Good luck!

If you're gonna buy this fare, suggest you look into the SQ PPS Club program -- under that program, *even if you credit miles for a journey to another airline*, you can still earn the SQ equivalent of "premier qualifying dollars" for the money you spent on the trip in their revenue-based PPS Club membership program.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mherdeg
I think the SQ/MI ticket stock restriction in the fare rules is going to make it really tough for you to get the UA rate desk to issue this fare on United ticket stock. Good luck!
There's a similar restriction in the Advance Reservations / Ticketing section:

MUST BE ISUED BY IATA AGENTS THROUGH BSP ON SQ AND
MI TICKET STOCK.
Sorry, OP -- SQ won't allow UA to sell you this ticket.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
As the others have posted you are stuck ticketing through SQ. If you want to book through United (016) you are going to have to buy whatever fare class they offer you, which will be the fare class SQ allows to be ticketed by other carriers. UA will have validated the fare rules so they know which fare classes they can/can't sell.

I book SQ tickets sometimes through UA for more RDMs and PQMs but that's only when the fare is the same or only slightly more than what I get on SQ.com. It's usually only worked for me when I have to buy last minute tickets and they're already pricing in Y on SQ.com because United can only sell Y fares on SQ flights in coach from their website.

-RM
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:58 pm

Thanks - as usual knew I could count on FT even if I didn't like the news!
It never occurred to me to read that section.
In any case, I think USD5732 is pretty good for round-trip SYD-NRT with F on all 4 segments including the possibility of Suites on the SYD-SIN segments.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:35 am

I recently had troubles booking intra-European SK tickets on 016 stock. For example, CPH-ARN in June 2017 is priced $ 600 per leg with only full-fare J being available. That is a shame. I book many SK flights on 016 stock. I would not like to change to SK Eurobonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.