Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Just booked a flight for August on .bomb from MAN to VCE on LH. I checked the cost on other sites and decided to see what .bomb would do.... Surprisingly it pulled up the exact LH flights I wanted (via FRA) and allowed me to purchase for the same price as Expedia / Kayak and then issues me ticket on 016 stock. In the past I thought the only way to do this was via award booking - I guess .bomb is getting a little .better!
I noticed this recently looking at LH intra-Europe flights. Nice upgrade.
Old May 30, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
WOW awesome, I now see YEG-YYZ, direct and all connections on the UA site!! always used to say something like "united does not provide service between XXXXX"

Even shows R space with expert mode turned on, nice job UA!!
Old May 30, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Kacee
I noticed this recently looking at LH intra-Europe flights. Nice upgrade.
I was presented with multiple airline options as well - including SAS (no thanks). Enjoy your UD flight Kacee!
Old May 30, 2014, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I was presented with multiple airline options as well - including SAS (no thanks).
After what I've read here, the only reason to book SAS would be to gather material for an FT rant . . . .

Enjoy your UD flight Kacee!
Thanks! Closing my OJ to NRT with CX F next week - that will be a first.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Thanks! Closing my OJ to NRT with CX F next week - that will be a first.
Ooh - hope you get the flying couch option....
Old May 31, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
.bomb allows all non-UA flight regular bookings now...

I'm currently flying an intra Europe ticket that I booked last month on UA. The advantage is that this is a 016 tkt. So it accrues PQD, whereas if I had booked on Expedia or other travel websites it was not going to accrue PQD. So this is a plus.

On the other hand, when I called the UA 1K line (checking confirmation from OS which takes up to 24hrs), she was hesitant to cancel it because it did not have any UA operated flights.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
After what I've read here, the only reason to book SAS would be to gather material for an FT rant . . . .
I confess that my single experience with SAS in the past decade or so was insanely frustrating on the phone and on the ground - very much a "rules is rules" state airline type of mentality. But their E+ is (or at least was as of a few years ago) comparable to the C product of a lot of other lesser airlines. UA wouldn't let me fly C (I'm unfortunately in no way affiliated with the Kennedy family) with my newly adopted family member (a Stabyhoun puppy), so I did SAS E+ over the water and, at least once finally in the air, was somewhere beyond pleasantly surprised and short of completely blown away. For a variety of reasons (and not just E+ and not just my new girl), that flight will forever remain a lucid memory, even in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's I'm likely to wind up in one of these days...

And so I says to her, I says, who CARES if it's real crab meat or not! Right??
Old May 31, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I just did a "nonstop only" search for a DCA-YYZ roundtrip, and .bomb said there's no such thing, just as it's always been.

IAD-IST didn't work.

IAD-VIE worked with UA code shares on OS metal.

IAD-AKL showed only $9k+ Y fares.

I used sample date June 19-25.

Last edited by discoverCSG; May 31, 2014 at 4:14 am Reason: More data points.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I booked DUS-IST roundtrip on TK on united.com in January. Ticketed on 016 and earned PQD.
Old May 31, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Bah-ist-bah & dmm-cai-dmm

Last year I booked a ticket BAH-IST-BAH on TK at ual.com with no issues and the price was LESS than orbitz. I did this booking to construct a favorable B/C fare connecting to UA IST-ORD-IST.

This year I booked DMM-CAI-DMM in B/C on MS and the rate was the lowest I could find at any site. I was quite surprised at the number of MS flights shown at United.com.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I assume you are referring to a change before day of travel, correct? If so, if you booked through UA (016 stock) then of course ANA won't change it. They don't have control of the ticket. Technically, they might be able to take control but probably didn't want it to mess things up. If people want to find ways to book through UA on 016 tickets, that's perfectly fine, just don't expect anyone other than UA to make changes.
This is where it gets interesting.

If I'm flying SFO-IAD-XXX-JRO outbound, JRO-XXX-IAD-SFO inbound, with the SFO legs on UA and all else on Ethiopian, am I better off plating on UA/016 or Ethiopian?

Or to look at it more simply, will UA take care of me on my domestic flights similarly regardless of booking? Not worried about upgrades, since as a plat, they don't exist anymore. But what about switching the domestic flights? SDC still intact if plated on Ethiopian?

Ethiopian has a killer deal on tix booked directly through them, or on a couple of websites, that UA doesn't come close to on-line. Could be that I can call and get it close, but maybe I'm better off not doing so? Thanks-
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:09 pm

Does one receive $5 for the United.com Club when doing this?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Bigzamboni
Does one receive $5 for the United.com Club when doing this?
I'm not sure what 'this' is but I did nt get a $5 credit for booking an 016 ticket for an LH flight KUL-CGK via UA.com.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: HiltonSilver, MariottGold, HyattPlat, KimptonTier3, UA 1K, HertzGold,AvisPres
So, I can't seem to book IAH-BDA on Air Canada via United.com. UA stopped flying for the winter and I need to make a few business trips before they start flying again. Wanting to maximize my earnings I want to be sure to book on 016 stock. I know I'll need to fly through YYZ. After reading these posts I'm assuming I can just call 1K desk and book over the phone? Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by p924s87
So, I can't seem to book IAH-BDA on Air Canada via United.com. UA stopped flying for the winter and I need to make a few business trips before they start flying again. Wanting to maximize my earnings I want to be sure to book on 016 stock. I know I'll need to fly through YYZ. After reading these posts I'm assuming I can just call 1K desk and book over the phone? Thanks.
you can book UA codeshare to YYZ then AC code to BDA. This can be ticketed on 016 ticket stock. No routing through YYZ available, so you'll pay a ton of money for IAH-YYZ and YYZ-BDA. Why not route through PTY?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.