Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by erik123
UA must have coded awards as a D or Z instead of an I fare is my guess when they loaded it into the system.
Not unless ANA did, too. And that seems quite unlikely.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:17 pm

On July 2nd I booked a business award flight with several legs on Eva through UAL's website. I checked today and my itinerary shows my SFO-TPE as "flight segment waitlisted". I gotta call tonight what's up unless someone knows if this is common.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pilotjustin
On July 2nd I booked a business award flight with several legs on Eva through UAL's website. I checked today and my itinerary shows my SFO-TPE as "flight segment waitlisted". I gotta call tonight what's up unless someone knows if this is common.
I've booked two sets of EVA tix last few days. You have to call it in to force ticketing.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:30 pm

Thanks UA-NYC! Makes me more relieved. I'll call tonight when I get home.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks UA-NYC! Makes me more relieved. I'll call tonight when I get home.
Well, keep us posted. It does not sound right - it looks like the EVA system returned the segments you confirmed on united.com as WL. If EVA confirms the reservation from UA, it would say something else (like Confirmed)...

Good luck.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:23 pm

Here's the update as to what happened. I posted the original message because when I logged onto United's Mobile App on my phone, one segment from SFO-TPE showed waitlisted. A couple hours later when I got home I logged onto United.com. My reservation showed a change of departure time by 10 minutes on the one EVA Air flight that was showing waitlisted on my phone. I agreed with the time change and when I went on the Mobile App again, it no longer had the waitlisted message. I called United to ask for the record locator for EVA. When I went onto EVA's website to manage my booking using the record locator, my flights had been ticketed and confirmed. So I'm thinking I was getting the waitlisted message on United's Mobile App because of the change in departure time that I hadn't agreed to yet.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:27 am

It's been more than 10 days and I still don't see BR availability on united.com
does anyone else see them?

Specifically from USA to TPE
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:59 am

Anyone seen EVA award flights available for booking

Hi,
Since EVA is now a Star member, I had assumed that I could look at making bookings by now.
So far , I have found nil on UA's award booking engine and Expertflyer does not include EVA for me to check.
The upside for me is that EVA serves Brisbane BNE which is a major plus because few Star carriers do this .
Does it usually take a month to load award availability for a new Star carrier ?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ozflier
Hi,
Since EVA is now a Star member, I had assumed that I could look at making bookings by now.
So far , I have found nil on UA's award booking engine and Expertflyer does not include EVA for me to check.
The upside for me is that EVA serves Brisbane BNE which is a major plus because few Star carriers do this .
Does it usually take a month to load award availability for a new Star carrier ?
Maybe you've seen this thread, more info here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post21096781
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Research is your friend - an existing thread on the matter: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...w-showing.html

SunLover
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by SunLover
Research is your friend - an existing thread on the matter: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...w-showing.html

SunLover
You are so right.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:56 am

I sure haven't nor to Australia !
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
The consensus in that thread is that you missed the boat. Hope you weren't holding out for TPE-JFK.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mherdeg
The consensus in that thread is that you missed the boat. Hope you weren't holding out for TPE-JFK.
But the space is still there--plenty between LAX-TPE and TPE-CDG, for example.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
But the space is still there--plenty between LAX-TPE and TPE-CDG, for example.
Have you managed to price that as a LAX-CDG award?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.