Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:33 pm

Looks like a lot of phantom availability for EVA. Same was not available on ANA, but showing available on Aeroplan and United.

Originally Posted by docbert
Not possible. The ticket is only good for 1 year from time of ticketing.

You can cancel and rebook, but you'll have to pay any fees (depending on status if any) and you'll be charged at the new rate.
If I re-ticket it today to less than 1 year, does the date reset to "today", and then I can re-ticket again 1 year from today?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Trying to change my flight existing BR award in J fro two to another date

First, tried online, got through to the last page to confirm, and website bombs out.

Then, called the first agent. He said he does not see any I class availability. I told him I can and the website shows it to me. His response, "So, why are you calling me?"

HUACA

This time asked for mileage plus option, and a helpful agent spent about 40 mins with me. I checked AwardNexus and Aeroplan to confirm availability. She could not see it. She went to a customer service supervisor, who tried to do a manual sell, unsuccessfully. Turns out, she says there is no BR availability in I class beyond July of this year.

Facts:
1. Award was booked pre-devaluation
2. Ticketed in Jan, trying to change the date to May next year. Possible issue?

Will try calling again later, but two agents cannot see any I class seems odd.
Originally Posted by vrbaba
If I re-ticket it today to less than 1 year, does the date reset to "today", and then I can re-ticket again 1 year from today?
NO. If it can be done, then everyone would do this to perpetually extend his ticket into eternity. The ticket retains the original ticketing date. Period and Full Stop.

Your ticket is only good for a year from the date of issuance. If you want May 2015 date, you would need to cancel the current ticket, redeposit the miles and then rebook - certainly that would be at new level, plus the redeposit fee if you are not 1K. That may also explain why the website would not let you finish the change.

Even if the agent sees the inventory, your ticket is not eligible to change to without the complete cancellation and rebooking.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
... certainly that would be at new level, plus the redeposit fee if you are not 1K.
AND OTHERS -----

Global ServicesSM, Premier 1K®, Premier Platinum --- Canceling your trip and re-crediting the miles, up to one year from the original date of issue --- NO FEE!!!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:07 am

EVA Business Class Award Availability

Hello,

Does anyone know if EVA is now restricting business award availability? I see no such availability after May 1st in both MP and ANA searches for LAX-TPE and vice versa. The same occurs when substituting LAX with SFO. Thank you.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It is very hard to find J award seats on any EVA route featuring the new J product. Seattle and Vancouver often have seats open, but they still use the old 747 with recliners...not worth it.

The 777 flights are near impossible....but keep looking, something might come open.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:45 am

Thank you for the info. The strange thing is that there is biz class availability up to April 30, 2015 for LAX -TPE but nothing thereafter. I remember that there used to be quite a bit of recent availability from LAX to Asia on biz using EVA and AC, but it looks like that's changing.

Sorry, I meant CA (Air China).

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 24, 2014 at 6:17 am Reason: merge
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dpinan
Thank you for the info. The strange thing is that there is biz class availability up to April 30, 2015 for LAX -TPE but nothing thereafter. I remember that there used to be quite a bit of recent availability from LAX to Asia on biz using EVA and AC, but it looks like that's changing.
It's REALLY dried up unfortunately...it was a gold mine right after they joined Star, but now I'm searching for next summer JFK/TPE/JFK and there's absolutely nothing.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
has Air India avail been loaded into the system yet? Curious about their F.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by bocastephen
It is very hard to find J award seats on any EVA route featuring the new J product. Seattle and Vancouver often have seats open, but they still use the old 747 with recliners...not worth it.

The 777 flights are near impossible....but keep looking, something might come open.
Snagged 4 Eva J awards YYZ-TPE (flight is this week).

Is it 777?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Do they commonly open up close to date of departure?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Glad I snagged a seat March 2015 SFO-TPE!

Originally Posted by kb1992
Snagged 4 Eva J awards YYZ-TPE (flight is this week).

Is it 777?
Yes you will have the 777 YYZ-TPE
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
We have an EVA J award SEA-TPE with their 777 in early December. Most days show a 747 from SEA but we booked this prior to MP devaluation.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Do they commonly open up close to date of departure?
Yes within a few weeks of departure. I'm seeing lots of BR options to SFO and LAX in J for early September.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dpinan
Hello,

Does anyone know if EVA is now restricting business award availability?
"now'? Business awards have always been restricted. It is just more restricted now that they know it is in demand - especially for the Kitty Jet (discontinued on LAX-TPE early November and moved to TPE-CDG) and the new 77A. It seems inventory is adjusted based on booking and things do open up.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
From my experience, BR J awards were pretty easy to obtain last year. I think BR has smartened up and is now controlling the inventory a little tighter. They are still available, but you have to do some more homework. I just snagged a pair LAX-TPE (77W) for late-Oct/early-Nov for my family, and last month the only options available were UA's SFO-TPE. YMMV.

Originally Posted by username
It is just more restricted now that they know it is in demand - especially for the Kitty Jet (discontinued on LAX-TPE early November and moved to TPE-CDG)...
Looks like the official last day is Oct 26 in both directions.
http://evakitty.evaair.com/en/FlightRoutes.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.