Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:36 am

Called again...looks like Biz is showing up online, for most flights from JFK-TPE....but agents only see Economy.

Can a 1K with enough miles try to book one of these? This will probably confirm if its United blocking Biz on Eva or Eva holding back from United. Clearly these are available from Aeroplan and ANA.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I booked JFK-TPE in J 2 weeks ago for March all online with no problem. Selected seat and everything on EVA's site and such with the BR Conf #.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Last year when I booked to HKG, TONS of EVA flights came up, even IAH-SEA-TPE-HKG not to even mention SFO and LAX were there.

This year I didn't even see one EVA flight when I booked 6 months prior to departure.
EVA reward availability is certainly down from last year when they first joined *A. Either BR decided that they were releasing too much inventory, or it is getting all booked up with redemptions.

SunLover
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I booked JFK-TPE in J 2 weeks ago for March all online with no problem. Selected seat and everything on EVA's site and such with the BR Conf #.
This leads me to believe that it is a system glitch with whatever the agents are looking at. As it clearly shows online and lets you proceed. The agents say that they cannot see any I class with BR beyond July.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Facts:
1. Award was booked pre-devaluation
2. Ticketed in Jan, trying to change the date to May next year. Possible issue?
I suspect this (2) will be the dealbreaker. Award tickets are good for 1 year from the date of initial ticketing; otherwise requires redeposit and a new pull. May 2015 is certainly more than a year past January 2014.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:20 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Same thing I've been seeing across MANY partners... lots of avail in premium cabins up to July 31, but nothing after... NH F avail for the month of July out of IAD... Zero in Aug.

I have a F award and my NRT-BKK segment is still in Biz (rest is in F) I've been watching award inventory release like a hawk... July is good... nothing for Aug.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
I don't think this has anything to do with the problems you're having with the agents being unable to see availability. However, if they do manage to see it, you can't change the ticket to dates beyond 1 year from the date of issue. So you would have to cancel, get the miles re-credited, and book a new ticket (could be expensive, depending on your status).

Regarding J award space on BR, I've been following a certain intra-Asia flight for several months. I have a Y award ticket on this flight, but it's a J award and I'm looking for J to finally open up. While this particular route had *lots* of J availability for dates all summer, it all dried up suddenly one day a week or two ago. There's plenty of Y, but only the occasional J pops up a few days before departure. Something is clearly different now: I think BR has slammed the door shut on J awards (at least on this route).
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:35 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Which day in May 2015? MP awards are only available 330 days into the future, so if you're trying to book something beyond that, it's not available. Just wait for a few days.

Although, just did a quick check for 5/17/15 JFK - TPE. While it shows as available on United.com, ANA says nil. Sounds like a case of phantom inventory.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thezipper
Same thing I've been seeing across MANY partners... lots of avail in premium cabins up to July 31, but nothing after... NH F avail for the month of July out of IAD... Zero in Aug.

I have a F award and my NRT-BKK segment is still in Biz (rest is in F) I've been watching award inventory release like a hawk... July is good... nothing for Aug.
NH does not offer F on NRT-BKK. TG does, but they only release F on the 380 beginning about 15 days out.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:27 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Sorry for not being clearer, I have a combo NH, TG, BR F ticket...

UA shows TG having F rewards avail on the 380 throughout the month, up to and incl 31 July (NRT-BKK)... then it drops off a cliff... My morning starts with a coffee and checking that segment for avail

Originally Posted by Kacee
NH does not offer F on NRT-BKK. TG does, but they only release F on the 380 beginning about 15 days out.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Sorry for not being clearer, I have a combo NH, TG, BR F ticket...

UA shows TG having F rewards avail on the 380 throughout the month, up to and incl 31 July (NRT-BKK)... then it drops off a cliff... My morning starts with a coffee and checking that segment for avail
that's a misplaced priority

for a true FTer, checking segment availability should come first before coffee or personal hygiene
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
UA shows TG having F rewards avail on the 380 throughout the month, up to and incl 31 July (NRT-BKK)... then it drops off a cliff...
That is a very recent change. As recently as a month ago, TG only released F on that flight within two weeks or so of departure. I would be surprised if they do not release another chunk of availability as your desired date draws closer.

TG and OZ remain the two bright spots in an otherwise increasingly dim universe of *A premium cabin award availability.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca
I suspect this (2) will be the dealbreaker. Award tickets are good for 1 year from the date of initial ticketing; otherwise requires redeposit and a new pull. May 2015 is certainly more than a year past January 2014.
Originally Posted by snic
I don't think this has anything to do with the problems you're having with the agents being unable to see availability. However, if they do manage to see it, you can't change the ticket to dates beyond 1 year from the date of issue. So you would have to cancel, get the miles re-credited, and book a new ticket (could be expensive, depending on your status).
I am 1K, but the issue is this was booked pre-deval and now redeposit and reissue will trigger at more miles. Any other ways around?

If not, I may just have to bite the bullet and redeposit.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by snic
Regarding J award space on BR, I've been following a certain intra-Asia flight for several months. I have a Y award ticket on this flight, but it's a J award and I'm looking for J to finally open up. While this particular route had *lots* of J availability for dates all summer, it all dried up suddenly one day a week or two ago. There's plenty of Y, but only the occasional J pops up a few days before departure. Something is clearly different now: I think BR has slammed the door shut on J awards (at least on this route).
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Which day in May 2015? MP awards are only available 330 days into the future, so if you're trying to book something beyond that, it's not available. Just wait for a few days.

Although, just did a quick check for 5/17/15 JFK - TPE. While it shows as available on United.com, ANA says nil. Sounds like a case of phantom inventory.
Within 330 days....UA calendar wont show availability beyond anyways. Or does it? (I didnt do the math)

I'll check ANA to double confirm, but Aeroplan did show it and I assumed ANA is the same. Does that mean Aeroplan is prone to phantom avail too? E.g. may 15 jfk-tpe
Old Jun 21, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I booked award J BNE-TPE-PEK about a month ago without any issues.

Found the inventory online, and booked over the phone due to typical issues with booking multi-stop/stopover flights (not specific to Eva).

Not possible. The ticket is only good for 1 year from time of ticketing.

You can cancel and rebook, but you'll have to pay any fees (depending on status if any) and you'll be charged at the new rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.