Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neil35
Yesterday I used UA miles to book a saver award with a mix of UA and BR flights. Two things seem strange to me:
1. On the View Current Reservation page there's a UA confirmation number but not BR's
2. Seat assignment for the BR flight is not showing, not even on the View Receipt page.

How long does it take for these two things to show up? Do I have a valid reservation or not?
I'm in the same situation. I was able to find my BR confirmation number on their website by using my UA ticket number and name, and it was showing as confirmed; the fact that they had the UA ticket number in their record suggests that it's ticketed as well.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:07 am

Yesterday I used UA miles to book a saver award with a mix of UA and BR flights. Two things seem strange to me:
1. On the View Current Reservation page there's a UA confirmation number but not BR's
2. Seat assignment for the BR flight is not showing, not even on the View Receipt page.

How long does it take for these two things to show up? Do I have a valid reservation or not?
My wife's TG flights for next March fell apart yesterday and major mis-connects appeared, which would have meant as much as 13 hour layovers.

Re-booked flights with a mix of UA-EVA & TG ( all business class) last night over & back.

As previously mentioned, enter your name & UAL 016 reservation # to this site under "Manage Your Trip" and your itinerary will appear.
Note: Cannot reserve seats (on Eva) until 100 days prior to first Eva flight.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Reservation confirmed on EVA website

Thank you all!

I was able to confirm my booking on EVA's website following your advice.^
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Neither of these is unusual for partner flights on award tickets. If they don't show up at first, they'll never show up.

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
When I've booked an award ticket on SQ, I've never gotten an SQ confirmation number.
Well, actually, you got a SQ confirmation number - it just wasn't displayed on the reservation page.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snic
Neither of these is unusual for partner flights on award tickets. If they don't show up at first, they'll never show up.

Well, actually, you got a SQ confirmation number - it just wasn't displayed on the reservation page.
Well, things seem a little less straightforward than we observe.

In my experience, some partner's PNR locators show up and some don't. As far as changes reflecting back to United, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I think there are triggering events for the partners to update United what they have. For some, seat changes are and, for others, seat changes are not.

Here is the interesting thing... My experience is that even UA agents cannot tell what the SQ Locator is. SQ and BR are both on Amadeus and, if you have a mixed trip on BR+SQ booked from United, the locator is actually the same for BR and SQ! At least this is the case for a upcoming trip I have.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Just to confirm what Matthew mentioned, last night we turned BR space back on at united.com. The comprehensive range of city pairs is still flowing through all channels but we expect to be up to full speed shortly.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Thanks UA Insider!
Last week when UA.com reintroduce the EVA online availability search, the airport TSA (Taipei, Taiwan) was searchable. But now it's off again and showing

! Taipei TW (TSA) is not currently served by United or its codeshare partners using a United flight number. United serves Taipei, Taiwan (TPE).
This airport had been on and off from the award search result several times since the merger, can you please fix it?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by cchuang1980
Thanks UA Insider!
Last week when UA.com reintroduce the EVA online availability search, the airport TSA (Taipei, Taiwan) was searchable. But now it's off again and showing

This airport had been on and off from the award search result several times since the merger, can you please fix it?
That's bizarre, especially because searching for other destinations in Asia often brings up a connection in TPE!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:11 am

That's bizarre, especially because searching for other destinations in Asia often brings up a connection in TPE!
TPE is not the same as TSA (Songshan). I believe there are some Air China, ANA as well as Eva flights (obviously) that fly regionally but to other similar airports. For example ANA flies TSA-HND as opposed to the TPE-NRT flight which is codeshared with UA.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
TPE is not the same as TSA (Songshan). I believe there are some Air China, ANA as well as Eva flights (obviously) that fly regionally but to other similar airports. For example ANA flies TSA-HND as opposed to the TPE-NRT flight which is codeshared with UA.
I see. I missed that you were referring to "TSA" (which I didn't know existed).

Did you try entering TPE, then checking the box for "search nearby airports"? Admittedly a long shot...
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:19 am

I see. I missed that you were referring to "TSA" (which I didn't know existed).

Did you try entering TPE, then checking the box for "search nearby airports"? Admittedly a long shot...
TSA disappeared again... the "search nearby airports" function also does not help to pull it out. Kicking myself for not booking last night.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:20 pm

Does anyone know if United has stopped showing BR availability from LAX-TPE and SFO-TPE for Jan/Feb? I can't even get results when I try to price out a ticket to buy and the award tool says there are no nonstop flights. JFK-TPE is showing fine.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by solstys
Does anyone know if United has stopped showing BR availability from LAX-TPE and SFO-TPE for Jan/Feb? I can't even get results when I try to price out a ticket to buy and the award tool says there are no nonstop flights. JFK-TPE is showing fine.
Sadly, there just isn't any space.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Sadly, there just isn't any space.
I would understand the lack of award space, but United doesn't even show tickets for sale on EVA for that route even though Kayak and other sites show them.
Old May 19, 2014, 2:38 pm

UA award booking on EVA Hello Kitty

Hi all,

Need a little help with Eva Air or an alternative option to get EVA Air ticket.

I currently have about 250k miles from United. I was planning to take a family vacation (4) to Taipei and Hong kong in December (3rd week of December)

I plan to use the miles for 3 award ticket and paying the last one (10% for international flight since my child is only 2 years of age).

Will be flying out of LAX (Los Angeles)

I really want to fly with EVA since my daughter is in love with Hello Kitty. It may not be the best airline or flight, but anything for my little girl

I kept checking United's site in regards to the travel to Taipei (first stop). They are not offering any EVA air flight after 12/9, at least with award travel. Is this a timing issue where i need to wait for more availability to show up? I been searching daily for the past couple weeks but still with no result.

When i go to Eva Air site, they are offering the flight from LAX to Taipei during the time of our vacation, but this is a purchase not through any rewards.

Is there any way around this? Am I just out of luck in terms of traveling with EVA during the time period that i want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Again, I would like to fly EVA because of the Hello Kitty theme

Thanks
Old May 19, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
First, not all Eva Air flights offer Hello Kitty service.
Second, simply because a flight is for sale does not mean anything for reward availability. If the flight isn't showing up as available, it is likely not available. I've flagged this for the moderators to move to the United forum, as your question is about redeeming United miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.