Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I wish UA would fly IAD to NBO or EWR to NBO
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
SEA<>BKK
Old Feb 25, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: CO Infinite Platinum & 2MM; Lifetime CO Presidents Club; Hilton Diamond
IAH-RNO. UA does this from time to time but the plane never has an empty seat. Howcom they don't do this daily???
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Bestjudge
IAH-RNO. UA does this from time to time but the plane never has an empty seat. Howcom they don't do this daily???
it's currently once weekly (Saturday) on a CRJ-700 and by my judgement it's one of the biggest jokes of the network. pmCO flew this 2x daily (at least) on 737 or 738 equipment.

AA supports at least 1x daily mainline to ORD and fares are pretty high. they also have higher frequencly to LAX, as does DL, who also has mainline to SLC.

RNO is somewhat "owned" by WN. that being said, there is in my judgement a fair bit of unmet demand. i haven't flown out of RNO in a year because the network on UA sucks on DL it's marginally better but SMF still wins for me most of the time.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
it's currently once weekly (Saturday) on a CRJ-700 and by my judgement it's one of the biggest jokes of the network. pmCO flew this 2x daily (at least) on 737 or 738 equipment.

AA supports at least 1x daily mainline to ORD and fares are pretty high. they also have higher frequencly to LAX, as does DL, who also has mainline to SLC.

RNO is somewhat "owned" by WN. that being said, there is in my judgement a fair bit of unmet demand. i haven't flown out of RNO in a year because the network on UA sucks on DL it's marginally better but SMF still wins for me most of the time.
I agree. I got burned by booking UA on a flight out of RNO this week. When the RNO-SFO on UX was canceled I only had one option through Denver, landing at IAD after midnight. Would have been better off on AA, which does RNO-ORD and DFW.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: United 1K, 1M
SFO - GEG

It makes no sense to me that United has no nonstop between San Francisco and Spokane. And the only connection is through Denver. Even more amazing, no other airline currently has a nonstop either. Is Spokane being shunned for some reason?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
It makes no sense to me that United has no nonstop between San Francisco and Spokane. And the only connection is through Denver. Even more amazing, no other airline currently has a nonstop either. Is Spokane being shunned for some reason?
Likely being "shunned" because of a relatively small population making more flights unprofitable.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1K
Other carriers serve GEG through PDX or SEA.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:28 am
Formerly known as tireman77

With the loss of US Air in the Star Alliance network, there are many Caribbean destinations that are no longer available. Grenada (GND), Barbados (BGI) are two of the most glaring holes.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
They did for awhile, as recently as a few years ago. Guess it didn't work out.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew?
Umm, maybe the majority of flights that they sell tickets for that end up being on an affiliated express carrier. You so rarely get a flight that is actually on United.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CMK10
They did for awhile, as recently as a few years ago. Guess it didn't work out.
Yup. I flew that several years ago. Unfortunately, my bags went to Portland. They couldn't explain how that happened. My recollection is there were at least two daily flights at the time.

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Umm, maybe the majority of flights that they sell tickets for that end up being on an affiliated express carrier. You so rarely get a flight that is actually on United.
This is highly route-dependent. My routes are 100% UA mainline (142,000 miles last year).
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is highly route-dependent. My routes are 100% UA mainline (142,000 miles last year).
Must be nice.. Quite a difference when you don't live in a hub city.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
AUS/LAX mainline. WN has 2x daily 737s, AA 3x S80/737, DL adding 2X on 717s.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Must be nice.. Quite a difference when you don't live in a hub city.
There are pluses and minuses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.