Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA
Quite honestly, I really like the ZFV-EWR routing. I live in Center City so it's obviously convenient and I've gotten some really good deals. United seems to undercut US on some routes.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, UA GS, Hertz Plat
Wish there were more Destinations on UA metal

EWR-ATH
EWR-IST
EWR-VIE
EWR-AMS

Useless routes are
EWR/IAD-BRU badly connected to rest of Europe on any *Alliance
EWR/IAD-MUC Already a lot of connections to FRA
EWR/IAD-GVA With ZRH why fly to GVA direct

Incidentally all these routes also have flights from ORD - really!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA1kMarriottHertzPlat
EWR-AMS
This exists already
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
You have trouble connecting to *A in BRU?? Aside from France I don't see much of a problem...even then if you are looking to get to Paris you can take the train.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
EWR-ATH
EWR-IST
EWR-VIE
EWR-AMS

Useless routes are

BRU and MUC are two of my favorite three places to connect in Europe, the other being ZRH. For me these routes are far from useless as they allow me to avoid FRA.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I don't know if there are enough bogans to keep up more flights to BNE...especially not from SFO, they all want to go to LA & Vegas brus!!!
I thought the Bogans were in Perth?

Anyhow UA needs to bring back Toronto-SFO and add Toronto-LAX
\next anything on UA metal to BKK... really why cant UA have a code share from bkk-hkg so at least we could avoid the NRT 6 hr flight on ANA
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wombat1
BRU and MUC are two of my favorite three places to connect in Europe, the other being ZRH. For me these routes are far from useless as they allow me to avoid FRA.
Connecting in MUC and avoiding FRA has become a recent hobby of mine. It's so much more pleasant to connect in Munich, it's not even funny.

I would love to see more UA routes from IAH across the Pacific, but with KE arriving and BR moving in next summer it seems pretty unlikely. I am still holding out for IAH-AKL or IAH-SYD, darn it.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:50 pm

BANGALORE! With a hub in San Fran and so much IT done in Bangalore I am shocked they don't have a direct flight from somewhere in the US to there. The plane would be filled all the time.

Also, would like to see a flight to Juneau Alaska. Even a puddle jumper, I don't care...

They also have one flight a day from SRQ to ORD. Why not add more flights from SRQ to IAH? It's much closer and would make a lot more sense? Even Dulles or IAH to me make more sense than ORD. I guess they don't want to be as strong in the southeast and American/US Air and Delta own it. Tampa and Orlando aren't bad though just out of the way from the Gulf Beaches south of Tampa Bay.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Doubtful, now that CLT is a monster hub for AA.
I think now that airfares are up and loads are heavy along with dropping fuel prices, it might make sense for UA to take some chances and compete. Maybe even prolong the retirement of older planes to satisfy more routes?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
BANGALORE! With a hub in San Fran and so much IT done in Bangalore I am shocked they don't have a direct flight from somewhere in the US to there. The plane would be filled all the time.

Also, would like to see a flight to Juneau Alaska. Even a puddle jumper, I don't care...

They also have one flight a day from SRQ to ORD. Why not add more flights from SRQ to IAH? It's much closer and would make a lot more sense? Even Dulles or IAH to me make more sense than ORD. I guess they don't want to be as strong in the southeast and American/US Air and Delta own it. Tampa and Orlando aren't bad though just out of the way from the Gulf Beaches south of Tampa Bay.
I don't think there's any aircraft that can fly SFO-BLR non stop and you can already connect in FRA on UA/LH combo.

I believe they have a DEN-JNU in the summer.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Wombat1
Exactly. I use BRU for connecting flights in northern Europe, and MUC for flights to southern Europe. Both are very useful destinations.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:15 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Useless routes are

I don't agree that those are useless at all.

By that logic, UA ought to just discontinue all the flights to smaller cities in the UK and EU because they already have a lot of lift to hub cities like LHR and FRA.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:24 am

Ykm-den

ykm-sfo
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:23 am

it probably makes sense

to fly nonstop from ORD to SRQ for the local Chicago market. It's timed as a local flight - to get local passengers from Chicago to their second homes in the SRQ area. Indeed, the SRQ area is one of the top areas in Florida, if not the top, for Chicago-area people owning a home in Florda. So, if United is trying to serve this market - Chicagoans going to Florida, why wouldn't they fly it nonstop? They've done it for a few years now, so makes sense to me.

Originally Posted by FlyerTom111

Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:31 am

Useless routes are
IAD-BRU & GVA are not necessarily for connections. Brussels is (basically) the Capital of the EU and IAD serves the Capital of the US. That flight is almost always full of gov't folks. Same goes for GVA which has many UN offices and the headquarters of the World Health Organizations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.