Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by goodeats21
NRT<->BKK

While I quite agree, don't we have to wait until March when the route is abandoned to request reinstatement?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
A vanity route w/likely zero O/D...would make a lot more sense from SFO.
Why? NZ air already got that covered...
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davidviolin
Local O&D

How many routes do UA and NH overlap on? A lot.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.7mm
HKG-NRT
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Local O&D

How many routes do UA and NH overlap on? A lot.
Originally Posted by davidviolin
Yeah but not on thin routes. 787 was meant for routes like IAH-AKL. Thin routes that currently you would have to go through a hub to get to final destination. Obviously I wouldn't mind the 787 on SFO-AKL at all
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
How soon until I can wish for SEA-NRT and also SEA-FRA?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
EWR, SFO or NRT - BKK.
Bad Business move to drop BKK in total
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:02 am

NRT- BKK
NRT-SIN
NRT-KUL
EWR-NBO
EWR-JNB-CPT

Especially since UAL has "effectively" left Star Alliance for award purposes.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by fjfv19
UA903, SFO-FRA, operated with a 744, is departing for FRA today at 01:45 PM. It still exists. I think it operates every day of the week except for Wednesday.

I'd rather see them take those GUM routes and make them HNL routes unless it were easier to get to GUM without the HNL-GUM brutality. HNL-SYD would be fantastic. I'd imagine HNL would become a favourite stopover point on many an award routing.
CO did not even charge for the two day stopover in HNL. IAH-HNL was on a 747 and first class had a chef. HNL-CNS was a DC-10. SYD-AKL was a 747, AKL-HNL was a 747, and HNL-IAH a 747. It was like two first class tickets for 175,000 miles. That was on CO in1990. It truly was the "Proud Bird of the Pacific." Today it is the "Turkey Vulture of the Pacific."
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: UA Plat
I would love ORD-DUB. Aer Lingus is currently 'partnered' with UA on this route but as Aer Lingus is not *A there are no PQMs if you fly with them.

Another great route for Africa would be ORD-ADD. With Ethiopian Airlines now in the Star Alliance, this would be a fantastic connection point. No US carrier non-stops to ADD and Ethiopian only serves Washington.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: WN
Originally Posted by x1achilles
LAX-GRU
LAX-EZE
LAX-SCL
Basically, anywhere from California to South America without having to connect in ORD, IAH or IAD.
Most of that you can do via PTY on Copa, which isn't just Star but also MP. Is the demand there to feed that kind of route nonstop?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Honors Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Oeste
Most of that you can do via PTY on Copa, which isn't just Star but also MP. Is the demand there to feed that kind of route nonstop?
Connecting in PTY means flying on narrow-bodies, which is a painful way to travel ~6000mi. As for LAX to South America, AA flies a 772 daily LAX-GRU flight; LA flies a 763ER 2x weekly LAX-SCL. In other words, OW is your best bet for flying from the west coast US to South America.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: WN
Originally Posted by jbsay
Connecting in PTY means flying on narrow-bodies, which is a painful way to travel ~6000mi. As for LAX to South America, AA flies a 772 daily LAX-GRU flight; LA flies a 763ER 2x weekly LAX-SCL. In other words, OW is your best bet for flying from the west coast US to South America.
I agree. I don't know if UA competition with AA using wide-body would draw enough demand to make it profitable though.

Copa adding some widebodies on US flights would be nice. With connecting traffic they might even be able to sustain it, though I doubt it for now.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'd like to see GUM-SFO/LAX. I don't fly transpacific very often, but when I do I always hate that there's no good way to SDC into a bunch of extra miles while crossing the pacific. Sure, there's HNL, but it's not a hub like GUM is.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Starting in a few months, RDU-CLE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.