Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
EWR right now just watched a couple with 2 of the plastic cups full of trail mix etc try to sneak it into one of their bags only to completely drop one of them all over the floor...and then just proceed to walk out.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by docbert
I frequently re-fill my water bottle from that type of station - is that wrong of me?

How about if my water bottle is the same size as their bottles, so I end up emptying an entire one? Is it wrong yet?

What's the line here - the quantity of the water "stolen", or the stealing of the bottle itself? What if the bottle is empty - would it still be a crime to steal it? Does this only in states where there's a refund available on the empty bottle, or all states?

What about the bottle of water United gives you in business class? Am I allowed take the bottle from the plane, or only the water within in? I hope I'm allowed take the bottle, because I've got one here next to me that I stole otherwise...

I do have to admit to stealing a Sprite Zero from the UC in IAD the other day. I knew they weren't going to have them on the plane, so I took one from the UC fridge and gave it to the flight attendant when I boarded. Was that wrong of me, or is taking a can of soda from the lounge and giving it to the flight attendant so she can serve it to me wrong for a 14 hour business class flight??
Swiping a liter bottle of water is not what Delta (or other airlines) have in mind when they set it out on the counter. If that was the case, they would run out of bottled water pretty darn quickly. Did you happen to notice the small glasses that are typically set alongside those bottles of water? Well, believe it or not, those glasses are meant to be filled by the bigger bottle of water and not for the swipage of the bottle itself.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Swiping a liter bottle of water is not what Delta (or other airlines) have in mind when they set it out on the counter. If that was the case, they would run out of bottled water pretty darn quickly. Did you happen to notice the small glasses that are typically set alongside those bottles of water? Well, believe it or not, those glasses are meant to be filled by the bigger bottle of water and not for the swipage of the bottle itself.
I'm not sure if you have a water bottle why you would fill it with the Dasani in the lounge (in countries with drinkable tap water that is).
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
I'd be more concerned about flying on those dirty & ratty checkerboard seats that are in the photo. Man those things are bad.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by gspurr
I'm not sure if you have a water bottle why you would fill it with the Dasani in the lounge (in countries with drinkable tap water that is).
Because bottled tap water is somehow better than regular tap water? That's the only "logical" explanation for the behavior.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Apr 8, 2015 at 8:23 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Because bottled tap water is somehow better than regular tap water? That's the only "logical" explanation for the behavior.
Not only is it environmentally unsound, but in countries such as the U.S. there are much stronger regulations on drinking water than their are on bottled water/
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: VAG
I don't always steal an apple from the lounge, but when I do, I hold it high in front of my face on the way out so it looks like I'm engaged in the process of eating it.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jorgen
I don't always steal an apple from the lounge, but when I do, I hold it high in front of my face on the way out so it looks like I'm engaged in the process of eating it.
How very Margritte.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by tsolin01
I would have tied that plastic bag to a stick and carried it hobo style...
Can't. The stick wouldn't fit in the baggage sizer.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by gspurr
Not only is it environmentally unsound, but in countries such as the U.S. there are much stronger regulations on drinking water than their are on bottled water/
The marketing of dehydration to the masses is a constant source of amusement to me. It's amazing to see grown men and women carrying around baby bottles to suck on periodically. Freud is laughing hardest.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
The marketing of dehydration to the masses is a constant source of amusement to me.
It must be because Crane and American Standard own all the bottled water companies
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Can't. The stick wouldn't fit in the baggage sizer.
Make it a selffie stick and then call it part of your camera
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:47 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
The marketing of dehydration to the masses is a constant source of amusement to me. It's amazing to see grown men and women carrying around baby bottles to suck on periodically. Freud is laughing hardest.
Yes. Somehow humanity managed to survive even to recent memory without everyone having a water bottle in front of them 24 hours a day.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TA
Yes. Somehow humanity managed to survive even to recent memory without everyone having a water bottle in front of them 24 hours a day.
Oh, but it's such a convenient way to disguise the vodka in mine....
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:06 am
Suspended

Maybe someone can answer this for me. I have never been inside an airline club, but I have been inside many hotel clubs. Most of these clubs have areas set aside for bottled/canned drinks and packaged food items to be taken out of the club, do any of the US airline clubs have this?

Oh, and to answer the OP's question, this man (or anyone) taking stuff out of the club is not the reason we can't have nice things, it's the airlines who feel they don't need to upgrade their product or offer anything more than the bare minimum. Not saying it's a bad thing, but there is a reason why International clubs are highly rated and the US clubs have a negative reputation elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.