FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1413794-do-you-take-stuff-united-club-seen-others-do.html)

Row3Acer Dec 4, 2012 8:03 am

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

I was in an early morning flight and waiting in the United Club for my flight. I saw this guy, around 30, went back and forth to the self-serve freezer and grabbed 12 cans (12oz) of apple juice, 6 cans (8oz) of tomato juice and 6 cans (6oz) of pineapple juice, and stuffed in his backpack. Apparantly he noticed I was watching and he left. At least that's what I thought, because on my way out for my flight, I saw him chatting with the front desk and he went back to the freezer for more after I had left the Club. (How do I know? for my own curiority, I returned to the club and caught him again)

DougDons Dec 4, 2012 8:10 am

For my Super Bowl party I plan to get my cheese and cracker plate from the United Club :D

In all seriousness, the only thing I've taken out of the club is a magazine or newspaper if I'm still reading it. Other than that, there's not a whole lot I'd want...

LaserSailor Dec 4, 2012 8:15 am

Ditto Doug - paper or mag if its in progress...

You can take up to 12 cans of apple juice, but they expire in 12 minutes

cordelli Dec 4, 2012 8:19 am

Sucks for him if they did a gate check of liquids.

TonyBurr Dec 4, 2012 8:29 am

I cannot think of anything in the UC that I would ever want.

mstraveler Dec 4, 2012 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Row3Acer (Post 19793580)
I was in an early morning flight and waiting in the United Club for my flight. I saw this guy, around 30, went back and forth to the self-serve freezer and grabbed 12 cans (12oz) of apple juice, 6 cans (8oz) of tomato juice and 6 cans (6oz) of pineapple juice, and stuffed in his backpack. Apparantly he noticed I was watching and he left. At least that's what I thought, because on my way out for my flight, I saw him chatting with the front desk and he went back to the freezer for more after I had left the Club. (How do I know? for my own curiority, I returned to the club and caught him again)

The occasional banana to eat on my way to the gate. Pretty tacky behavior by this guy.

woodway Dec 4, 2012 8:33 am

If they have the packaged cookies or crackers out I might grab one or two to nibble on later in the day. Maybe a newspaper to read later.

BigPoppaCO Dec 4, 2012 8:34 am

I once took a lamp

Row3Acer Dec 4, 2012 8:38 am

Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO (Post 19793767)
I once took a lamp

You are the winner.

gorgonzola Dec 4, 2012 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Row3Acer (Post 19793580)

He works for American, and was stocking the Admirals Club.

dmbfan222 Dec 4, 2012 8:47 am

Disgusting behavior. I can't believe someone would take that much out of there.

belynch Dec 4, 2012 8:48 am

The ORD rat took my dignity. :-:

AAExPlat Dec 4, 2012 8:50 am

That is theft and should be reported to UA.

FriendlyTravelor Dec 4, 2012 8:56 am

Originally Posted by AAExPlat (Post 19793889)
That is theft and should be reported to UA.

+1

thegrailer Dec 4, 2012 9:01 am

I love lamp

Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO (Post 19793767)
I once took a lamp