Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Couldn't pay me to use to united clubs at this point.Amex lounges are much better.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:19 pm

OR it can be simply from a hotel breakfast buffet. For example BW, La Quinta provides this kind of items in their free breakfast buffets.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pirossalma
OR it can be simply from a hotel breakfast buffet. For example BW, La Quinta provides this kind of items in their free breakfast buffets.
...and this is why there can't be nicer things in other parts of a BW or La Quinta Inn.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I'm in the C concourse now at ORD. New breakfast offerings. The bowl of yogurt and bowl of fruit slurry next to it have been worked over good. There is crap everywhere. Gross. How come the UA club at LHR doesn't look like that? Savages here?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:56 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
FYI it was a 1pm flight. So it could've been from a hotel, but that would've had to be some forethought, or a lot of patience carrying all that crap around.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I feel bad now about packing away a bag or two of mini-carrots to nibble on during my flight. Shame on me!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by TA
And you wonder why we can't have nice things in UA Clubs...
I beg to differ.

All (if not, most) U.S. airlines lounges are dump because airlines don't want to invest.

Although I don't think that pax's act was appropriate, I admired his interest in all UC stuffs.

Personally, I won't even touch them.

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
Well he's certainly getting your dollars worth with that day pass.
I don't believe that pax used the one-time pass. It seems like that pax is a M+ Club Card member as that pax is a 1K.

Originally Posted by dank0014
He's missing his over-entitled premier luggage tag though (kind of blurry to tell)....and by golly, looks like he missed his upgrade too and got stuck in Y
Originally Posted by swm61230
Don't you mean over-entitled miniature premier luggage tag?
OP is a 1K as well. If the pax can board the same time as OP and with the elite baggage tag, he must be either GS/1K. Since the color is white, so that pax is a 1K.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:41 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jfk747
Couldn't pay me to use to united clubs at this point.Amex lounges are much better.
If you had been in the SFO Centurion Lounge a few weeks back, you wouldn't have said that. Delayed flights meant the place was crowded to more than overflowing. Not a seat to be had anywhere for at least half an hour after I arrived there (except a seat in the lav.... ) Although they apologized to me as I entered, they should in fact have had someone stationed outside proactively telling people not to try to come in until the situation changed. (I suppose they thought they couldn't easily stop people entering who were entitled (ha ha) to come in.) And the number of people who were already in there was definitely a health and safety/fire marshal issue — should never have been allowed.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
If you look closely, there's a lamp cord hanging from the overhead.
LOL - are you referring to that guy who posted here a couple of years ago about moving a lamp from one RCC to another?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by cmculp
LOL - are you referring to that guy who posted here a couple of years ago about moving a lamp from one RCC to another?
Classic post!!!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tsolin01
I would have tied that plastic bag to a stick and carried it hobo style...
ROTFL!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
as someone wise once said: "and that's how you get ants!"
thanks Malory!

while this example may be a bit egregious, given the quality/quantity of onboard product, I would want to bring provisions as well.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
while not in the UA club, I did witness an individual last week in the brand new Delta skyclub in terminal 4 pick up one of those big Dasini bottles of water from the un-monitored self serve water/tea/coffee station, walk away with it and stuff it in his luggage.
I frequently re-fill my water bottle from that type of station - is that wrong of me?

How about if my water bottle is the same size as their bottles, so I end up emptying an entire one? Is it wrong yet?

What's the line here - the quantity of the water "stolen", or the stealing of the bottle itself? What if the bottle is empty - would it still be a crime to steal it? Does this only in states where there's a refund available on the empty bottle, or all states?

What about the bottle of water United gives you in business class? Am I allowed take the bottle from the plane, or only the water within in? I hope I'm allowed take the bottle, because I've got one here next to me that I stole otherwise...

I do have to admit to stealing a Sprite Zero from the UC in IAD the other day. I knew they weren't going to have them on the plane, so I took one from the UC fridge and gave it to the flight attendant when I boarded. Was that wrong of me, or is taking a can of soda from the lounge and giving it to the flight attendant so she can serve it to me wrong for a 14 hour business class flight??
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by docbert
I do have to admit to stealing a Sprite Zero from the UC in IAD the other day. I knew they weren't going to have them on the plane, so I took one from the UC fridge and gave it to the flight attendant when I boarded. Was that wrong of me, or is taking a can of soda from the lounge and giving it to the flight attendant so she can serve it to me wrong for a 14 hour business class flight??
Funny, reminds me of boarding UA flights at ICN. They do a final security screen down before entering the aircraft. Amazing to see how many people have taken cans of drinks from the Asiana Lounge. Security takes the cans and presumably returns them to the club?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by spearsba
Funny, reminds me of boarding UA flights at ICN. They do a final security screen down before entering the aircraft. Amazing to see how many people have taken cans of drinks from the Asiana Lounge. Security takes the cans and presumably returns them to the club?
Hmm, I flew on United ICN to SFO a couple of weeks ago and there was no security check at the gate.

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
EWR right now just watched a couple with 2 of the plastic cups full of trail mix etc try to sneak it into one of their bags only to completely drop one of them all over the floor...and then just proceed to walk out.
That's class

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 7, 2015 at 7:57 pm Reason: repair broken quote and merge consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.