Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you take stuff from United Club? or seen others do that?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:51 pm

This thread is hilarious and brought back a childhood memory--my great uncle used to take everything not nailed down at diners. He'd start by drinking down the little carafe of half and half, then carefully open and eat a few packets of jelly and sugar and pocket the rest. Still remember how embarassing it all was... *shiver* He'd have loved the challenge of cleaning out a UC.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold / Bonvoy Platinum
I don't drink coffee, so I usually take a pack of chocolate powder. On my international flight I ask the FA for hot water and make myself a hot chocolate.

Doing the same flight all the time and knowing most FAs, they have asked me for the powder and mix it for me.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Maybe crackers and cheese - usually the only time I'm in a club is before an international flight. Something to tie me over on the flight - though on my trip to Dublin last year, as I was repacking my backpack to return, I did find 2 cheeses. Needless to say, they stayed in Ireland... Back in the pre-merger days, I might grab a few of the Biscoff packets in the President's Club. I also picked up a couple of 8oz bottles of water in the club in Dublin (not a UC or PC, but the *A lounge - wasn't much there besides water, yogurt from a bowl, a little fruit - know not to bring that - and newspapers - stacks). Ended up going to Burger King in the general area for breakfast...

The only thing non Food I've thought about trying to nab was one of the Elite Access Blue Carpets - I had a 6 hour layover at EWR the day they were changing them out. I should have asked, then found a Kinkos to ship it home...

J
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:49 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
(Must be sung out loud)

On the twelfth day of Mileage Run, I took from the UC…..
LOL !
That's awesome!

But seriously, *12* cans of juice ? a bag full of cookies ?
I have been known to grab a Walker's shortbread or two on my way out, but not anything close to that.

Oh, BTW, I was in the ORD C-17 club last week and noticed that they've gone to single packs on the Walker's. They've been twin-packs for forever.

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I love BL! Couldn't hang on to it tho.
Y'know, I love me a good lemon/citrus squash or Limonata or Lift as much as the next guy but I've never really been able to get the taste of BL. It just always seems a bit off to me for some reason. I don't know why.
They can all be mixers after a fashion, but BL tastes more like it than the others.
JMO...

Originally Posted by compubit
...thought about trying to nab was one of the Elite Access Blue Carpets - I had a 6 hour layover at EWR the day they were changing them out. I should have asked, then found a Kinkos to ship it home...

J
What about amenity kits ?
How many of you have grabbed amenity kits that have been left on C/F class seats as you're deplaning and the forward cabin has emptied out?

I've picked up a few in my time. Not obsessively and I haven't made any sort of "sweep" of the cabin, but if it's an airline I haven't been on before or if it's a new type of bag on UA, I might try to snatch an extra.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 16, 2012 at 4:02 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
C Rations

Originally Posted by hobo13
We should have a recipe book featuring dishes that can be prepared solely with ingredients founds in the United Club!
reminds me of the C Ration cookbook that was published by Tabasco during the Vietnam Era http://david.brubakers.us/cookbook/rationcookbooks.html
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Taking food

I saw a woman putting crackers and cookies into her bag once. She thought she was being secret, but not so much.

I will sometimes take a banana or cookie.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
LOL !
That's awesome!

But seriously, *12* cans of juice ? a bag full of cookies ?
I have been known to grab a Walker's shortbread or two on my way out, but not anything close to that.

Oh, BTW, I was in the ORD C-17 club last week and noticed that they've gone to single packs on the Walker's. They've been twin-packs for forever.

Y'know, I love me a good lemon/citrus squash or Limonata or Lift as much as the next guy but I've never really been able to get the taste of BL. It just always seems a bit off to me for some reason. I don't know why.
They can all be mixers after a fashion, but BL tastes more like it than the others.
JMO...

How many of you have grabbed amenity kits that have been left on C/F class seats as you're deplaning and the forward cabin has emptied out?

I've picked up a few in my time. Not obsessively and I haven't made any sort of "sweep" of the cabin, but if it's an airline I haven't been on before or if it's a new type of bag on UA, I might try to snatch an extra.
I take quite a few on CX/JL/BA because I like the products inside them.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:24 am

Programs: Airpoints, Aeroplan
WATER. JUST WATER.
I know, LAME. But UC is pretty bad itself. Just a place to sit when I don't want to go cash crazy at DFS (I'm in SFO)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: United Platinum, Alaska, Marriott, Hilton, National Executive, Enterprise
I usually don't take anything, but sometimes I'll grab a carrot pack and two cheese packets when I know I'll be hungry. The on-board food options domestically usually aren't too appealing.

The most I've ever taken was three magazines, one for myself and two because I was visiting my dad, who enjoys golfing magazines. There are only so many times I can read the bloody in-flight magazine during take-off and landing.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mbarreto
I took a single tea bag from Salon Air France at CDG once, was flamed by the attendant like there was no tomorrow.
That's funny because I watched a guy take 6 cans of Heineken from there. He must have had a long haul coming up.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold

I saw a guy do this one. Kinda ingenious, really though I've never done it. And honestly if they actually GAVE me amenity kits on the last few business flights I've been done,, maybe people wouldn't do it.

It's actually weird seeing people get riled up over a few crackers - I've never taken anything out of the UC... cause there's nothing worth taking. Besides I don't need anything for a 2-4 hour flight, unless it happens to be during a normal meal time, which, then I'll usually pack my own food if I'm traveling domestically.

I've taken a few things from other lounges though, such as SQ and TG -- usually a finger sandwich or two (helps when you're on the road for 30 hours or so and don't know when you'll be eating next!!) and one of those teeny bottles of water. That or crackers / biscuit type things. A magazine if I'm reading it, but only very occasionally. But like many others -- things I plan to consume in the very immediate-ish future.

Mr emyh though did once snag a yogurt from the lounge once. I was fine with that - until I found out he also took one of the actual coffee spoons for it! He got chastised for that
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:05 pm

I once asked a CX FA for a spare Female kit (was trying to impress someone). Next thing I know, she swept the entire F cabin for all the leftover kits. I had to stop her halfway through J.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Back in 2009 when the Red Carpet Clubs still had granola bars I stopped at the PHX RCC after arriving home on a trip. I realized I needed to go get a box of granola bars on the way home for my week's breakfast. I confess...i stuffed five in my bag to prevent a trip to Safeway
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
I sometimes leave with an apple or a banana in my hand.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold

I might have grabbed an extra LH A380 Pencil Box when the guy sitting next to me raced off the plane and hadn't even touched it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.