Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i have not flown it TATL but i have flown it from LAX-EWR several times.

personally i like it, the seat feels slightly narrower than on a wide body but fully lie flat and comfortable. the cabin has a nice intimate feel to it with only 16 seats. standard UA AVOD which IMO is very nice if not top notch among all carriers.

a concern with 757 TATL fligths is fuel stops, especially in the winter in the westbound direction. there is a thread about that issue. i didnt hear as much about it this past winter but the year before there were a ton of them. something to consider when booking a connection on the return trip.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:46 pm

I flew it recently LHR-IAD and TPA-IAH. In business, the only real difference as far as I am concerned is that either your or your seatmate is guaranteed not to have aisle access (as opposed to the center seats on the PMCO 767/777). I found it comfortable. I don't like narrow bodies in economy on longer flights, but in business I don't care.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I like it for flights where it is used for the flight time/distance it is meant for. I've flown them on EWR-LAX/FLL/LHR/BFS/DUB. AVOD is good. Seat is comfortable (not having direct aisle access if in the window seat is probably the only downside). Meal quality used to be a bit better but still decent and service has been good for me.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I need to travel to ARN later this year. I am considering EWR-ARN in business first as an option. I have never flown on the 757 internationally and would appreciate any feedback.
16 Lie-flat seats in 2-2 config, AVOD (screen not as big as PmUA 777/763/744), dinner on departure with 3/4 entree choices and breakfast on arrival.
Suggest you take a look in here
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
I have flown the international 752s on a couple domestic runs (LAX-IAH, EWR-MCO, etc.) as well as EWR-OSL and AMS-EWR (back when that route was operating). I like the BF cabin. It's cozy, and the seats are comfortable.

For a night flight I prefer an aisle seat, but there really aren't any bad ones. Row 1 has a larger cubby for your feet and is likely to be more comfortable if you are over 6' tall. With only 16 BF passengers, service is usually pretty timely and you can generally squeeze in about ~5 hours of sleep if going to Scandinavia or central Europe.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
752 J: Row 1 or 2-4?

Traveling J EWR>CDG on 757-200 flight. I saw a review that said Row 1 was preferable to 2-4 because cuts outs provided more storage and were wider than in other rows (or something to that effect--wasn't quite clear the way it was written.)

I always try to avoid row 1 in general but am considering it now if that comment is true. Anyone have experience with that layout to help me?

And any comments on 752 service TATL? Will be my first time in a narrow-body over water and have heard it is better than you would expect and I might not have needed to have avoided it all these years...

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
I always try to avoid row 1 in general but am considering it now if that comment is true. .....
Bulkhead sCO BF lie flat seats have wide footwells, hence many prefer Row 1 on the sCO 752 BF seats.

The use on 752 for TATL trends to polarize this forum. Some prefer WBs, some like the fact 72 permit service to secondary European cities.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
How tall are you? Row 1 has quite a bit more room for your feet, so if you're over say 5-10, you will appreciate it. The downside is increased risk of galley noise.

Overall, it's a nice hard product.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yeah you should stick with row 1 if it is available, it is the best row on this plane. The footwells are the major issue with these seats. In most rows the footwells are smaller because of the design of the seats and the fact that the seat in front essentially takes up space that would be for the footwell. In row 1 this issue doesn't exist because there are no seats in front of you so the footwells are the full size which makes a surprising amount of difference in trying to sleep or even lounge (at least for me - 5 11 size 11 shoe).

As for service you'll have a more intimate cabin than the bigger planes since there are only 16 BF. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on your preferences and the FAs, etc., etc.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
I find row 1 noisy with chatty FAs in the galley. I am 6'1" and find any of the aisle seats fine as far as length (with window seats barely acceptable length wise). The foot wells are a bit small though. With a size 13 shoe I have to take off my shoes to be comfortable when flat (doubly so in a window seat).

My wife on the other hand is 5'9" and finds the window seats perfect. When not mostly reclined she can't reach the footrest on an aisle seat, so she finds them too big for her.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
I find row 1 noisy with chatty FAs in the galley.
Yes this can be a problem ex-EWR. If it's going to bother you, pick something farther back.

The aisle seats will fill first, if you're on the window you have to climb over to get out.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Row 1 - anything else sCO is too short, especially on the 757.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
I find row 1 noisy with chatty FAs in the galley. I am 6'1" and find any of the aisle seats fine as far as length (with window seats barely acceptable length wise). The foot wells are a bit small though. With a size 13 shoe I have to take off my shoes to be comfortable when flat (doubly so in a window seat).
+1
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Avoid row 1 ... save the space there fr me!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
Traveling J EWR>CDG on 757-200 flight. I saw a review that said Row 1 was preferable to 2-4 because cuts outs provided more storage and were wider than in other rows (or something to that effect--wasn't quite clear the way it was written.)

I always try to avoid row 1 in general but am considering it now if that comment is true. Anyone have experience with that layout to help me?

And any comments on 752 service TATL? Will be my first time in a narrow-body over water and have heard it is better than you would expect and I might not have needed to have avoided it all these years...

Thanks in advance.
ROW 1

ROW 2-4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.