Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
I can also confirm the small nook will fit and ipad or small netbook/notebook (i.e. macbook air). safe travels!

I meant the nook in row 1.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 12, 2012 at 10:18 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I was in 21C on EWR-SFO last week, and wow, those Y seats are just torture. Extra legroom in the exit row helped, but the seat is so badly padded and painfully awkward in terms of ergonomics. It should be noted that the tray tables in exit rows are in the seatbacks (with extra extension), not in the armrests.

Power ports and AVOD were nice, though the sCO screen interface was clunky. The volume of PA announcements over IFE was way too loud when listening at a normal volume. Anytime an announcement started, everyone simultaneously had to yank the headphones off their heads to prevent their ears from blowing out. This included the automated announcement whenever the seat belt sign came on, so it wasn't an issue of the purser or captain yelling into the mic.

And what's with the toilet seats that won't stay up? This seems to be a fleetwide issue with sCO.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I was in 21C on EWR-SFO last week, and wow, those Y seats are just torture. Extra legroom in the exit row helped, but the seat is so badly padded and painfully awkward in terms of ergonomics. It should be noted that the tray tables in exit rows are in the seatbacks (with extra extension), not in the armrests.

Power ports and AVOD were nice, though the sCO screen interface was clunky. The volume of PA announcements over IFE was way too loud when listening at a normal volume. Anytime an announcement started, everyone simultaneously had to yank the headphones off their heads to prevent their ears from blowing out. This included the automated announcement whenever the seat belt sign came on, so it wasn't an issue of the purser or captain yelling into the mic.

And what's with the toilet seats that won't stay up? This seems to be a fleetwide issue with sCO.
The international 757 configuration may be different. I just deplaned at EWR (tail #114) and sat in 21C. The tray tables on that aircraft are in the seatbacks like all other rows. 21 is definitely the best row in coach.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Looks like an extra section for Formula 1. UA doesn't typically fly AUS-EWR at 0915. The 1100 is also a PMCO 752 that day.
Too bad they didn't up-gauge to an international 757 on the DEN-AUS route for Formula One. We're going to the F1 race on horrible little regional jets.

Back on topic: Row 1 on the international 757 is nice. Ordinarily I wouldn't take row 1 on a 757, but the window seat is away from the galley traffic, and getting served drinks & food first is nice. I didn't have much trouble climbing over the person in the aisle seat.

I'd take any seat in this BusinessFirst cabin. ^
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:27 pm

SFO-EWR on CO 757 with 16 F seats == flat beds?

Flights I have in mind are UA1099 and UA1517. Both are shown as 757-200 with 16 seats in F. Ticket is billed as "United First" and the seatmap seems to show little angled cradle-shaped seats.

Is this the CO BF fully flat fully horizontal (but I hear albeit narrow) seat?

(If so, I'm glad that this is avail to EWR; all I care about is the seat, and flying to JFK is out of the way for me. I just want to be sure this isn't some 'luck of the draw' situation if I'm paying full fare.)

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by nologic98
Yes.
But don't take it to the bank until you're on the plane as it may be subject to an equipment swap.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Yes. As for "narrow", my perception is that it's wider than the UA 763 sardine can seat, but an inch or so narrower than COs 777 BF.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by nologic98
Flights I have in mind are UA1099 and UA1517. Both are shown as 757-200 with 16 seats in F. Ticket is billed as "United First" and the seatmap seems to show little angled cradle-shaped seats.

(If so, I'm glad that this is avail to EWR; all I care about is the seat, and flying to JFK is out of the way for me. I just want to be sure this isn't some 'luck of the draw' situation if I'm paying full fare.)

Thanks!
As Belynch wrote, there could always be an equipment swap as lie-flat on this route is not guaranteed.

As far as the widht of this J seat, it is a little narrower than the J seat on the PMCO 777's and 767's, but wider than the J seat on the PMUA 777's and 747's.

Overall, not bad for transcon, especially considering that your options on this same route are most often 738 or A319/320...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold, United Club, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5 Star
Worth noting if its the one I have been getting lately, that it will also have no E+ and the most worn out hard as a rock economy seats in the fleet.

The CO 752 are miserable planes at this point. HOPE for an equipment swap if you are not guaranteed F.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Dsybok
that it will also have no E+ and the most worn out hard as a rock economy seats in the fleet.

The CO 752 are miserable planes at this point.
Your data point is 6+ months old. All sCO 752s have E+, free AVOD, and outlets in coach. Not a bad ride at all.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:02 pm

Worth noting if its the one I have been getting lately, that it will also have no E+ and the most worn out hard as a rock economy seats in the fleet.

The CO 752 are miserable planes at this point. HOPE for an equipment swap if you are not guaranteed F.
Wrong all CO 752s have nose to tail AVOD, Flatbed Seats in BusinessFirst, E+. The UA 752s are the miserable ones at this point. No Flatbed seats, No AVOD, Worn tired interiors.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by belynch
Your data point is 6+ months old. All sCO 752s have E+, free AVOD, and outlets in coach. Not a bad ride at all.

+1, All 757-200s have E+, and there's AVOD/outlets in Y. Better than any PMUA aircraft on INT'L routes, and much better than anything on the domestic market.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage

The PMCO 757's that have no E+ are its 753's. And while I find most of PMCO's Y seats very uncomfortable, the 753 has arguably the most uncomfortable. It was what one might characterize as a failed experiment to try a new kind of seat which was dropped after they were installed on the 753.

The PMCO 752's have E+ and a pretty uncomfortable Y seat, but they also have full lie-flat in J.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
The PMCO 757's that have no E+ are its 753's.
About 2/3 of them have E+ now.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Yes. As for "narrow", my perception is that it's wider than the UA 763 sardine can seat, but an inch or so narrower than COs 777 BF.
Actually the 752 has arguably the worst incaration of the BF seat - it's not much wider than 763 IPTE (excuse me if you meant BF 2-class 763), especially since both have collapsible armrests, making this trivial at best. The 752 seat, however, is very short, almost painfully so. Coupled with the tiny footwells, it's a compromised design for 6'+. For the record, the 764/763 CO BF seats also have this design problem, and after riding in IPTE J for probably 30 times this year alone, and being 6'2", it's a fairly large issue - 3-class IPTE 763 has the best premium product of the entire combined fleet in my experience - F is fantastic, especially 1/2K (total and absolute issolation), and J is wonderful - I like flying backwards and the width/length is perfect. Moreover, there's a certain level of sophistication this cabin has over the short, 'off the shelf' BF seat - It just looks nicer. I always rejoice when I can fly this aircraft.

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Wrong all CO 752s have nose to tail AVOD, Flatbed Seats in BusinessFirst, E+. The UA 752s are the miserable ones at this point. No Flatbed seats, No AVOD, Worn tired interiors.
This was completely unnecessary, not to mention dishonest. I know you love to get in a 'nose to tail' booster, but the truth is United used their large 752 fleet as their domestic & Hawaii workhorses. International was 100% 3-class 763/744/777. CO used 752s for about half of their intl. route network - I'd sure hope their onboard prpduct is better than a domestic variant of the aircraft! Why are you so seized of the domestic product on the 752? They are great aircraft - roomy, and far, far, FAR, more comfortable in Y than the boulders the CO side is saddled in trying to defend (not to mention the F seats are from this century). I'll gladly take ch. 9, room, powerul takeoff, free audio/video, over the staid, uncomfortable, checkerboard eyesores, DIM, dreary, $$ for audio 737 - those are frankly IMO the shame of the fleet. Hell, even the SMELL of the 752s is better - I can sniffing out the difference. Truth is UA's 752s have always been, and still are, superior to the graveyard equipment that AA/DL have long offered (anybody remember AMR's 2006 'surprise' grounding?), not to mention your '735s'.

Last edited by tuolumne; Oct 12, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.