Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by belynch
Yes.
But don't take it to the bank until you're on the plane as it may be subject to an equipment swap.
Is this a general rule I can rely on? 757-200 + 16 seatmap seats in F == lie flat?

If so, that's pretty sweet. Also impressive given that I hadn't heard this was standardly available into EWR (vs. P.S. which draws a lot more attention to itself). And for $2990 r/t in F, (refundable!?) for a transcon guaranteed lie flat, that seems pretty fair.

Hence my concern I have gotten something wrong here...

PS. Is my $2990 r/t SFO-EWR in F as good as I should expect to do? How good have people see this?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by nologic98
Is this a general rule I can rely on? 757-200 + 16 seatmap seats in F == lie flat?

If so, that's pretty sweet. Also impressive given that I hadn't heard this was standardly available into EWR (vs. P.S. which draws a lot more attention to itself). And for $2990 r/t in F, (refundable!?) for a transcon guaranteed lie flat, that seems pretty fair.

Hence my concern I have gotten something wrong here...

PS. Is my $2990 r/t SFO-EWR in F as good as I should expect to do? How good have people see this?
It is not a guaranteed lie-flat.

Yes, you are right, if the seat map shows 16 in F, it will be a lie-flat, but aircraft swaps (sometimes at the last minute) are possible

Since it is not marketed as PS, there is absolutely no guarantee that they won't swap out your 752 for a 738 or A320...

It doesn't happen on a daily basis, but it happens...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
+1, All 757-200s have E+, and there's AVOD/outlets in Y. Better than any PMUA aircraft on INT'L routes, and much better than anything on the domestic market.
I cannot impress enough how bad these Y seats are. I'd take a ghetto sUA 752 with no AVOD or outlets in a heartbeat on seat comfort alone. Bells and whistles don't matter when the most fundamental measure of comfort fails so miserably.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I cannot impress enough how bad these Y seats are. I'd take a ghetto sUA 752 with no AVOD or outlets in a heartbeat on seat comfort alone. Bells and whistles don't matter when the most fundamental measure of comfort fails so miserably.

I've never had a problem with the Y seats. I find them fairly comfortable just like any other PMCO seat. However, I have found the Y seats on the PMUA 757s to be quite terrible. And the overall appearance of the aircraft takes away from the experience.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be on a 757 INTL for MAD-EWR soon.

Do these birds have:
1. E+ ?
2. Lie flat BF ?
3. Power on every seat, at least in E+ ?

If my GPU does not clear, would exit row be the next best thing for this 8+ hours flight?

Lastly, how is the food and is the alcohol free?

I am asking because I have not flown the new UA international Y and the 757 International config since last October, as all my UA international flights this year have been on 747 BF, 777 BF, or 767 BF, either paid or upgraded.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by sapguy
I will be on a 757 INTL for MAD-EWR soon.

Do these birds have:
1. E+ ?
Yes
2. Lie flat BF ?
Yes
3. Power on every seat, at least in E+ ?
AC outlets + USB at every seat in J & 2 AC outlets for each set of three seats in Y (no USB in Y)

If my GPU does not clear, would exit row be the next best thing for this 8+ hours flight?
If you don't mind being close to the lav, seat 7C has tons of leg room. Also, seat 8 DEF are good, as well as the two exit rows, 20 & 21

Lastly, how is the food and is the alcohol free?
In Y food is what you would expect, but alcool not free in Y.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by star_world
There is storage space for a laptop bag. I fly these on aircraft very regularly in BF, sometimes in row 1, sometimes not, and I've always had space in front of me for my laptop bag.
But a small laptop bag--mine wouldn't fit.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
TATL 757's Exit Row Seat

Booked my mom EWR-CDG and was gonna put her in E+. The difference between a normal E+ seat and exit row 21 is about $20. My question is, is it worth the extra $40 for the few more inches in 21. I've heard that sometimes certain planes exit row's have less padding on them. If that's true then that may not be comfortable for 8+ hours. Can anyone tell me if the exit row's have less padding and say row 10 might be more comfortable in the long run.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Flew IAD-DUB in 21C last week. Our 752 seemed to have a bit less shoulder space in 21a but I slept like a baby in 21C.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:32 am

BF on 757-200 to Europe

Hi all,

do the BF seats on the 757-200s to Europe have personal storage space?
I've recently flown BF on the 767 and the lack of personal storage space was quite annoying.
I'm curious whether all planes have the same problem in BF.

Also, I'm a bit worried that the 757 is a narrow-body aircraft.
Would you recommend the BF product in this plane in general?

Thanks in advance-
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:35 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by agjil
... do the BF seats on the 757-200s to Europe have personal storage space? ....
yes, this is the sCO BF
...I've recently flown BF on the 767 and the lack of personal storage space was quite annoying. ...
for the 3 class 767 sUA, the lack of storage is a deficiency of the BF seats in that config
...Also, I'm a bit worried that the 757 is a narrow-body aircraft. ....
This is a 2-class config with single aisle -- some like this, some don't -- a personal preference
Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Also, I'm a bit worried that the 757 is a narrow-body aircraft.
Would you recommend the BF product in this plane in general?
I guess some may say it's "intimate" - I think cramped.

Unless it gives you a convenient n/s option, I think most here would prefer to connect to a proper widebody.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I guess some may say it's "intimate" - I think cramped.

Unless it gives you a convenient n/s option, I think most here would prefer to connect to a proper widebody.
^^ I'm not a fan of taking a 757 on any flight longer than a transcon.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Depends on what you need the storage for. The sCO BF lay flat seats have a large seat back pocket, a smaller seat back pocket, a small shelf under the AVOD screen (careful putting anything here - it will fly out at you on take off), underseat storage in front for a very small carry-on/purse/etc, and small underseat storage which fits a pair of shoes. Also, there's a small shelf over your shoulder that would hold a bottle of water and music device, but not much else.

If you're thinking a small cabinet like some other aircraft, then no.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
I love the BF 757. Its a cozy cabin to be sure, but the seats are very good and the storage is quite good (under the footrest and overhead).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.