Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kb1992
+100

I receive daily junk emails from COdbaUA offering hotels, cars, credit cards, merchandise, flight surveys (I'm sure that would seriously read if I reply) and, 787 announcement.

But not a single offer that is relevant.

You can opt out of these in the email preferences section of your online account settings.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
I think this is just evidence of UA's greater incorporation of Data Mining / Analytics / CRM in their pricing and offer strategies. Customer Segmentation at work...

Another data point is Elite Maximizer - I was getting offered .075 / PQM until I crossed 50,000 miles, now I am offered .085 / PQM.
I just got offered .088 / PQM. I had seen .10 at the beginning of the year. It may also have to do with "distance" / length of the trip.

Also noted the "uncheck" feature (mentioned in 2+ other threads) is not present for checkins now.

And no, neither of our accounts are eligible for the DPQM offer. I'm way down from 1K last year. I'd do IST in a heartbeat if I were eligible. Any luck getting added on the phone?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Got about 7K on UA this year as I'm flying AA and DL mostly and received the following return for my tickle:

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

Account dtxxxx is not eligible for this offer (TB4M54).

I remember a time when this might annoy me

ETA that, prior to dropping to Silver for this year, I was 1P or 1K for the last eight years. Also, I've never received a targeted promotion, ever, that I can recall.

Last edited by camachinist; Sep 16, 2012 at 12:01 am Reason: Add relevant information
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by camachinist
Got about 7K on UA this year as I'm flying AA and DL mostly and received the following return for my tickle:

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

Account dtxxxx is not eligible for this offer (TB4M54).

I remember a time when this might annoy me
Really similar message, really similar reaction.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
I mean I'm sure others see it this way, but to put it into real life terms:

Significant other has a life changing event that makes them treat you like crap, start playing games with you, tell you one thing do the other; you break up with that person and start dating someone else. All of a sudden they want you back (but only if they think you're really no longer interested in them), but the way they try to get you back is by asking you to go out to dinner with them, which you pay for, but they'll buy the dessert.

That's about what this is, they're tossing some of us something very little to make up for the fact that the United Experience sucks (I say this as I cannot get the United.com website to load).

Anyway my two cents, but even if I had been chosen for this, I would not being giving them any extra money out of principle. If they think they can get us to come back that easily, why change?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Same profile as you. No offer.

There seems to be no pattern. Maybe they randomly selected a group to measure behavior and quantify cost/benefit?
A UA apologist I am not but there has got to me some business reason why certain people are targeted and others are not. UA can't be so lame as to just randomly select flyers for a promotion. Maybe it is simply a poorly written algorithm? But it is odd that we both have the same profiles and only one of us got the promo.
The only other item (again, except the increased flying on non UA) that has changed for me in the last 3 to 4 months versus the prior 4 years is emailing. In the prior 4 years I probably sent 4 emails detailing the bad experiences on my flight. In the last 4 months I have sent 3 emails. But UA can't be basing this promo (at least partly) on complaints can they?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As for who is targetted and who is not? could be multiple reasons

One scenario -- there are many more, but let's just try this one:
Say you decide to target people who have not flown as much in recent months as previous years;
1) you would target a portion of the target group (but not 100%) - the size would depend total "cost" you would want to invest in this promotion;
2) you would not target some percentage of the target group as a control;
3) you would target a percentage of those outside the target group as another control.

Additionally there could be multiple target groups (for different reasons).
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
I am not eligible. How many people with IAH as home airport are targeted?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
UA Gold, last year from many $70 O/W 2,000+ mile tickets plus a C TATL on US and posted to UA. Only two O/W this year on US posted to UA. Result: not targeted. Not that it would have made any difference, currently enjoying double points on WN and BA Avios on AA.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Silver who is on the edge of being gold...
Nyet..
Annoying.. Says: "we value you more because you jumped ship"

True.. but annoying none-the-less
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
I clicked on the link and entered my ff number. Message came back that my # was not eligible.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As for who is targetted and who is not? could be multiple reasons

One scenario -- there are many more, but let's just try this one:
Say you decide to target people who have not flown as much in recent months as previous years;
1) you would target a portion of the target group (but not 100%) - the size would depend total "cost" you would want to invest in this promotion;
2) you would not target some percentage of the target group as a control;
3) you would target a percentage of those outside the target group as another control.

Additionally there could be multiple target groups (for different reasons).
That sounds like an intelligent test design. Do you think they're that smart?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
My home airport is IAH, and I received this offer.

I wonder if there is a correlation between who is receiving this offer and who received the "Explore the Word" promo from this summer? I received the 2, 3, 5 for that one.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by future elite
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
My home airport is IAH, and I received this offer.

I wonder if there is a correlation between who is receiving this offer and who received the "Explore the Word" promo from this summer? I received the 2, 3, 5 for that one.
I received the same offer for "Explore the World" but did not receive this offer. I sure would've liked it, however, as this is my first shot at 1K.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
1K based out of WAS and not eligible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.