Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
1K with a $42K spend last year. My activity on UA came to an abrupt halt in April after getting status match to EXP. Tried to register for the promo (mainly to see if I was eligible) and got the "not eligible" message. UA clearly has no clue which elites they have alienated.

Meanwhile...over at AA. I got a personal phone call to make sure I'm enjoying my EXP status. Phones almost always answered on first ring. FAs practically gush over EXPs. UA could offer me quadruple miles and I'd still not come back.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Lame-O, not eligible. Guess my twice weekly flights are enough business for them
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Not eligible here either. Booo.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by nova08
I have been flying UA every other week for the past two months and I am not eligible.
They're trying to lure back those who have already left while giving those of us who are on the fence a good shove (if only I had completely abandoned UA I would now be able to get the bonus).
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Got the offer as a 1K who is just over 30k EQM this year. This should help me get to Plat with my planned travel. It will be interesting if my transcon that got re-ticketed (due to a UA bug) yesterday will be in their sweep.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not eligible, even though I'm Premier Silver with only 11K miles this year. I guess my last flights in August were too recent.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The email and promo is clearly targeted to all levels of MP elites who have had very little PQM activity with UA flights thus far this year. That was clear in the language of the email inviting us "to come back and fly UA".
You state this as if it is unequivocally so.....

Yet my wife is at 90K+ EQMs on the year and got targeted.

So it might be *clearly* targeted, but as usual UA's IT systems aren't very precise.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Lame-O, not eligible. Guess my twice weekly flights are enough business for them
Same here. 108 EQS and 90K EQM.

Earn up to double Premier qualifying miles!
We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

Account LIMEY1K is not eligible for this offer (TB4M54).
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
No joy here, either.

1P at 37k (but I'll re-qualify with next week's ORD-PVG-ORD).
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I requalified for 1K last week. Didn't get the email.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
1K w/ 95K (last year 165k this time of year) not eligible
1K w/ 32K (last year 125k this time of year) eligible but that person has no intention of flying UA anymore this year.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Over Entitled Silver here with 40 PQM's and am not eligible for this. Just flew in August after 2 months of no UA flights -- hope that didn't bump me out of the target pool.

I have a few more trips, so should make Gold by years end. It would be nice to get the 50% extra just to hit the mark sooner

Sacfitz
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Partner and I are both 1K. He, who has more PQM, currently and has more flights reserved, got the offer. Nada for me.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
1K with just under 30K PQM and received the offer. I was at about 70K EQM at this time last year with a lot more spend. I had three UA flights last month and a short haul scheduled for next week when I got the offer. Will have enough to get to 1P assuming I can take a planned vacation in November to Europe, but PP is more of a possibility now assuming a few more transcons for work.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JHV
Mr JHV got this offer. He is a 1K MM and has flown about 70K this year. I am a 1K MM and have flown about 90K so far. I didn't get the offer.
1K MM with 77K this year, did not get the offer. It's actually not clear if I'll hit 1K again, so the offer would have been useful to me. Would actually change my travel patterns which is presumably what they want -- but then there's no real way for them to know that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.