Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 2P, QMM, eleVAte

Haven't flown with the new UA since June, just received this:

Thank you for being a valued Premier Silver member. To show our appreciation, we’re offering you bonus Premier qualifying miles.

We sincerely value your business as a Premier Silver member. We noticed you haven’t been flying with us as much lately, so we’re giving you this exclusive opportunity to earn bonus Premier qualifying miles toward your status for next year.

Earn 50% bonus PQM when you purchase United
premium cabin or full-fare economy tickets. Earn an additional 50% bonus PQM when you purchase United First®, United Global FirstSM, United Business®, BusinessFirst® or full-fare United Economy® tickets. Add that to the 50% bonus PQM you already earn when you purchase these classes of service and you have a 100% PQM bonus.

Earn 50% bonus PQM on select discounted United Economy fares.
With this exclusive offer, you can earn a 50% PQM bonus when you travel on discounted United Economy tickets.

Register today and earn up to double PQM. Book and travel now through December 7, 2012.

TOC: Terms and conditions:
Members earn an additional 50% PQM for travel in United First/Global First, United Business/BusinessFirst, and full-fare United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B booking classes) and 50% additional PQM for travel in discounted United Economy (M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, G, N and K booking classes).

Offer valid for tickets purchased between September 13, 2012, and December 7, 2012, for travel completed between September 13, 2012, and December 7, 2012. Registration required before travel.

Last edited by jtsaltman82; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm Reason: TOC
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I just got this as well. Just finished a tpac trip on Wednesday bumping me over 50k pqm for the year. Edit, interestingly it still says silver member, despite being gold on united.com.

Last edited by oblisk; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Targeted Email: 50% bonus on PQM's through Dec 7

Just got an email from United. I was silver last year, but switched my flying to DL late last year and have only one UA flight so far this year. It's offering an extra 50% bonus on PQMs for all flights. So full fare, first, or business would earn 100%, while discount economy will earn a 50% bonus.

Not sure if I'll take it, I do have some flights coming up that would probably requalify me for Silver again. But I'm considering doing a status match back to UA once they sort out their merger issues, and premier members can't status match (would be matching from DL Platinum).

Looks like it is targeted for premier members who haven't been traveling much:
Promotion Link
Promo Code: TB4M54

Thank you for being a valued Premier Silver member.

To show our appreciation, we’re offering you bonus Premier qualifying miles.
We sincerely value your business as a Premier Silver member. We noticed you haven’t been flying with us as much lately, so we’re giving you this exclusive opportunity to earn bonus Premier qualifying miles toward your status for next year.

Earn 50% bonus PQM when you purchase United premium cabin or full-fare economy tickets.
Earn an additional 50% bonus PQM when you purchase United First®, United Global FirstSM, United Business®, BusinessFirst® or full-fare United Economy® tickets. Add that to the 50% bonus PQM you already earn when you purchase these classes of service and you have a 100% PQM bonus.

Earn 50% bonus PQM on select discounted United Economy fares.
With this exclusive offer, you can earn a 50% PQM bonus when you travel on discounted United Economy tickets.

Register today and earn up to double PQM. Book and travel now through December 7, 2012.
Terms and conditions
  1. Offer valid for members originally targeted, including original recipients of the email invitation.
  2. To qualify for the offer, register on united.com, then purchase and complete paid qualifying trips anywhere United flies.
  3. Offer valid for tickets purchased between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012 for travel completed between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012.
  4. On paid qualifying flights members can earn 50% additional bonus PQM for tickets purchased in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business and full-fare United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B booking classes), and 50% bonus PQM for tickets purchased in discounted United Economy (M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, G, N and K booking classes).
  5. This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
  6. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
  7. Offer is not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.
  8. Offer is not valid on government fares.
  9. Offer is not combinable and can be earned an unlimited number of times.
  10. Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account at the end of the promotion period, and by December 31, 2012.
  11. E-Ticket® purchase is required. Tickets purchased in the U.S. through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
  12. Flight activity must be posted to the member’s account by December 15, 2012 in order to qualify for this promotion.
  13. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
  14. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For complete details about the program, visit united.com/mileageplus.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Typical. Just booked another two trips last week which will take me to Plat again - so naturally these won't count
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks UA, piss me off even more...

Got this too. Note that it's only valid on tickets purchased after yesterday, not on tickets already purchased for travel within the promotion period. Thanks UA...I've got five trips in the next few months, all purchased before yesterday. While I got the offer, it means SFA to me! Not the best way to convince me to come back...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
More evidence that Elites are jumping ship from UA. OOPS, time to get back some of our loyal customers we royally crapped on this year!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

LOL, I've flown 4 flights over the past 2 weeks, and I got the same "Dear Halls120, we noticed you haven't flown much lately." Oh, and I'm booked for another R/T next weekend, and a R/T in November.

My guess is that all 1Ks got the same e-mail.

I consider this a good sign, however, that they recognize that some FFs have gone elsewhere, and are doing something to keep us happy.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:23 pm

I have been flying UA every other week for the past two months and I am not eligible.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
I didn't get this, but I have already requalified for 1K.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Could someone advise what is the promo code and/or email link for registering for this? I never seem to get any e-mails from UA so don't know if I qualify or not for this. Definitely flying UA a lot less this year due to the various problems.

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I haven't received this (yet), but I suspect they're sending them out in batches so as to not overload their e-mail servers. Bummer about not being valid for previously booked travel though
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:30 pm
JHV

Programs: UA 1K, AS, *wood, DL
EQM Offer

Mr JHV got this offer. He is a 1K MM and has flown about 70K this year. I am a 1K MM and have flown about 90K so far. I didn't get the offer.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
OK, a little confused here, 50% additional PQM in First, then another additional 50% PQM in discounted. So 100% bonus if in first and 50% in coach?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Just received this and signed up. Haven't flown that much this year on UA but already had some MR's booked. Will all the MR's I have booked for the next couple of months receive this bonus credit? Also, appears it has to be RT and wont apply to OW.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
1K that's only flown 41 PQM so far this year with only 1 trip left in my reservation... did not get email. Sheesh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.