Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Chevelter
I'm a 4-year Global Services member. The promotion rejected my attempted registration: NOT ELIGIBLE. Gotta love the way United continues to snub their best customers.
Why do you think you should be entitled to this promo? It is specifically intended to get elites back to flying UA, not to "reward" those already committed to the airline...or locked in by a corporate account. This is not based on being loyal to UA, it's based on getting drift-aways back into the fold. That's what target marketing is all about. And folks like you don't need DPQMs since you already are blessed with GS status and have a healthy expense account that is committed to UA.

Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Lame-O, not eligible. Guess my twice weekly flights are enough business for them
What's so difficult to get through so many here who think they are entitled to this promo. What do you all think this promo is all about? It's not about or for those still flying with UA. They've got you and you're stuck with them to make status this year. You're on track and don't need the extra boost of DPQMs.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 14, 2012 at 5:28 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Avis Preferred; PriorityClub Gold; nada anywhere else
Did not get offer and attempted registration rejected. Oh well.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Also not eligible. Haven't flown as much this year compared to last, but now I feel less inclined to do a mileage run knowing that the person next to me may be getting 50% bonus EQM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
I'm confused- are people sitting at 90K with 3.5 mos left to travel actually pissed they weren't targeted for this promo?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I havent flown much and I didnt get the offer either.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
160k PQMs this year. Got "do not qualify" message. Figures.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:21 pm

I got this offer too. I'm a silver and have not requalified yet; my last flight was in early June. This is exciting because I am planning to book some flights this weekend for vacation. The 50% bonus takes a little bit of the sting away from the uber-high prices.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Got the offer, already have 125k flown. Had i booked a GRU-US trip with this i would have hit 150k and the 2 GPUs. Big bummer, because I don't know how else I will get there. But honestly don't know why I got this unless they figured out the above...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
40,000 EQM here to date, 1K, haven't flown since June, and not targeted. Odd.
We be (almost) the exact same. I have 43k with 1 RT in October which I booked in May. No flight activity since 6/4.

I did not receive the email but I was able to successfully register. It does the trick. I'll go back to UA to reach Plat, but not 1K. I will still fly other airlines, UA opened pandoras box. UA just gets to share in the revenue now.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Sep 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
FWIW, 1k with 27k eqM this year. Did not receive offer and I have checked span folder.

I did do 1 RT august. I wonder if that made a difference.

At the same time , I'd need 15k bis to make gold with the 50% bonus, so maybe that's it.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:21 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Ugh! I didn't get this...

This seems like a move specifically to draw back the people who jumped ship to AA. If you did not leave UA, Jeff knows that it can continue to crap all over you, and he will gladly do so.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
49,400 PQMs, currently Plat, two trips booked. Not eligible.

Perhaps a silver lining for me is that something better might come along, maybe a targeted route. Maybe better percentage. If I read this right, it's not DEQM, it's 150%. Better than nothing but not very exciting, imho.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: United MM (formerly 1K), Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Why do you think you should be entitled to this promo? It is specifically intended to get elites back to flying UA, not to "reward" those already committed to the airline...or locked in by a corporate account. This is not based on being loyal to UA, it's based on getting drift-aways back into the fold. That's what target marketing is all about. And folks like you don't need DPQMs since you already are blessed with GS status and have a healthy expense account that is committed to UA.
Once again UA is showing that they care more about people who don't fly them much more than the people who fly them all the time.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Did not get the offer, did not try to register....seriously thinking about moving to Florida and retiring next year so I don't have keep flying out of EWR and being stuck with UA. Oh, wife and I both will make Silver again for next year.....
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
1K with 63K PQM YTD, no flights since mid-June. I got the offer. I'm still not sure I'll requal as 1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.