Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by kb1992
I also just tried it for 3 GS, 6 1Ks, a Plat and a Gold.

Only one 1K is eligible (who has just 40K EQM now).
The email and promo is clearly targeted to all levels of MP elites who have had very little PQM activity with UA flights thus far this year. That was clear in the language of the email inviting us "to come back and fly UA". I have been 1K for several years but the pattern of this year's travel has been such that I've only flown about 15K PQMs with UA thus far. Hence I qualified for the promo.

However, as I noted in my earlier post, I had recently booked about five UA flights/trips which will earn me about 40K PQMs on UA metal...and another 20K or so on other STAR metal to be credited to my MP account. I will hit Platinum for next year, but were my upcoming UA flights eligible I'd requalify for 1K.

So while one might qualify to be targeted, it means nothing if flights are already booked.

Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
Just received this and signed up. Haven't flown that much this year on UA but already had some MR's booked. Will all the MR's I have booked for the next couple of months receive this bonus credit? Also, appears it has to be RT and wont apply to OW.
No because you bought your tickets before yesterday. That's the fly in the ointment for many of us who've received the promotion. Maybe UA will change this aspect of the promo if enough of us "complain". They've done this in the past with DEQM promotions...but that was under the old regime.

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Wife with 97,000 PQM got it. I haven't received anything yet. Have over 350,000 PQM.
How long ago was her last UA flight? You're so far out of contention...

Originally Posted by halls120
LOL, I've flown 4 flights over the past 2 weeks, and I got the same "Dear Halls120, we noticed you haven't flown much lately." Oh, and I'm booked for another R/T next weekend, and a R/T in November.

My guess is that all 1Ks got the same e-mail.

I consider this a good sign, however, that they recognize that some FFs have gone elsewhere, and are doing something to keep us happy.
Yes but if you've already bought the tickets you won't get the bonus.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Hopefully they will be expanding this to everyone, I strongly suspect AA will respond with a full DEQM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
My account is eligible.

Don't care. Quite happy over at AA. Just qualified for Platinum.

The only flights I have booked on UA are a personal trip in November and the occasional ERJ to IAH.

This may help me requalify for Gold (sitting at 35k or so), but it doesn't really matter. Why bother earning elite status for an airline I don't fly?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT
Yep UA misses the point again. Flew every other week like i have been for years up until April. Moved over to AA in april sitting at 85k. Since then just two roundtrips on UA due to AA being full, and UA interprets that as not elligible and that I havent left. I would think Im the type they want to target but they have alienated.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
I received the offer in flight UA 703 and registered. This is the return. Flew LAX JFK Saturday night. I'm at about 35k PQM but I can't login to ua.com with gogo. I plan a couple more trips to NYC this year but haven't booked tix so this will help me to gold but when PS row 9 goes away I'm not sure what benefit gold status really still exists. Booking exit row was the important one for me.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by roknroll
Just got an email from United. I was silver last year, but switched my flying to DL late last year and have only one UA flight so far this year. It's offering an extra 50% bonus on PQMs for all flights. So full fare, first, or business would earn 100%, while discount economy will earn a 50% bonus.

Not sure if I'll take it, I do have some flights coming up that would probably requalify me for Silver again. But I'm considering doing a status match back to UA once they sort out their merger issues, and premier members can't status match (would be matching from DL Platinum).

Looks like it is targeted for premier members who haven't been traveling much:
Promotion Link
Promo Code: TB4M54

Terms and conditions
  1. Offer valid for members originally targeted, including original recipients of the email invitation.
  2. To qualify for the offer, register on united.com, then purchase and complete paid qualifying trips anywhere United flies.
  3. Offer valid for tickets purchased between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012 for travel completed between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012.
  4. On paid qualifying flights members can earn 50% additional bonus PQM for tickets purchased in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business and full-fare United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B booking classes), and 50% bonus PQM for tickets purchased in discounted United Economy (M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, G, N and K booking classes).
  5. This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
  6. PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
  7. Offer is not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.
  8. Offer is not valid on government fares.
  9. Offer is not combinable and can be earned an unlimited number of times.
  10. Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account at the end of the promotion period, and by December 31, 2012.
  11. E-Ticket® purchase is required. Tickets purchased in the U.S. through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
  12. Flight activity must be posted to the member’s account by December 15, 2012 in order to qualify for this promotion.
  13. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
  14. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For complete details about the program, visit united.com/mileageplus.
I tried registering and it said I was not eligible.

Originally Posted by oopsz
My account is eligible.

Don't care. Quite happy over at AA. Just qualified for Platinum.

The only flights I have booked on UA are a personal trip in November and the occasional ERJ to IAH.

This may help me requalify for Gold (sitting at 35k or so), but it doesn't really matter. Why bother earning elite status for an airline I don't fly?
Ding Ding!!!!!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I'm a 4-year Global Services member. The promotion rejected my attempted registration: NOT ELIGIBLE. Gotta love the way United continues to snub their best customers.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
They should rephrase:

Thank you for being a valued OVER-ENTITLED Premier Silver member.

To show our appreciation, we’re offering you bonus Premier qualifying miles AND still WON'T let you select E+ at booking.

Last edited by pigx5; Sep 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chevelter
I'm a 4-year Global Services member. The promotion rejected my attempted registration: NOT ELIGIBLE. Gotta love the way United continues to snub their best customers.
When will you understand that UA does not and will never care about its best customers?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by NYC1K
When will you understand that UA does not and will never care about its best customers?
I mean I get the humor, but I really don't understand the computer system selection process for this one. People who have nearly matching PQM's to date with same status, one selected one not.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA - Always
I was targeted. Got the email and registered. Only flown once this year after my flying has been cut down drastically.
I will fly now before Dec. 7.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, MM flyer, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Hello AA

I too am not eligible and was exactly the push I needed.

With the tickets I've booked with United so far, it will get me to 105k PQM by mid October.

As I got the status match to AA Exec Plat earlier this year I have nothing to loose. The rest of my travel for 2012 will be over at AA, whether or not they have a DPQM promo.

It's not that everything is horrible with the new United, it's just that I hate all the take-aways and the "we don't care" attitude by United's senior management. While not spending enough for GS, as a paying customer, it would be nice to have a general sense of appreciation from the top down.

I'm not naive enough to think that there won't be problems flying AA, but at least it's a change ... and maybe a change I'm going to like.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
40,000 EQM here to date, 1K, haven't flown since June, and not targeted. Odd.
And I'll see your 40k eqm's, not flown since June and no e-mail and raise it to my 68k eqms, not flown since May and no e-mail (tho I do have flights booked for the September and October to re-qualify for 1k for 2013 so maybe that's why no e-mail? [or perhaps as others have mentioned, batch processing])
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
After reading this thread, I went through my email junk file, and sure enough the offer was there. Been a multi year 1K, but haven't flown UA since April. Topped out at 12K for the year. Have been very happy with my status match to EXP over at AA.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:22 pm

I got the promo although I've been tracking pretty well to 1K with 73K EQMs so far.

Don't like the fact that already reserved flights don't count. I will be pretty close whether I make 1K this year, but not sure if I care enough as upgrades don't clear, boarding is free for all mess, etc.

Unfortunately my company has a corp account with United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.