Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall/Winter 2012 MileagePlus Bonus PQM/EQM Offer [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by EmailKid
That's why you aren't targeted @:-)

They want you to fly more than you planned.

EmailKid
You are giving United far too much credit. You really think United know's how much more flying their customers have planned? And the likelihood that those customers will fly what is planned on United? The folks who have been targeted for this promo are all over the map in terms of PQMs earned before the promo and whether or not those were above or below historical levels. Just like many things related to United these days this promo is only slightly more organized than random
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Beerman92
You are giving United far too much credit. You really think United know's how much more flying their customers have planned?
Apparently not

I will actually (by my arithmetic) end the year with 1.005 EQM, but who knows, with the right offer might fly more @:-)

Offer wasn't made, so if something pops up, may well jump on competitor's ship

I've been all UA metal since last Thanksgiving except one reward flight (on TG and back on OZ), so they don't even have to share revenue (except for said two reward flights). And no, no TATL, so no sharing with AC and LH.

EmailKid
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:05 pm

Thanks for the link. I tried the link and promo code for both myself and my husband. I am 1K and he is silver but hasn't flown united for 4-5 months. Both tries said "XXX" mileage plus member is not eligible. Must be targeted at some.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Another 1k that wasn't targetted. Sitting at > 110 segments and 90k, will make 1k again this year, but will be shifting by business mostly to Delta in the next 3 months in an attempt to requalify for Gold over there, too.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:24 pm

Is there some way to confirm that you are registered for this via the website? I recall the old website had a place to view "My Offers" or something.

Or is there some way to view that a flight is eligible in the reservations view?

I am fairly sure I registered for this but not 100%.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Innerloop
Is there some way to confirm that you are registered for this via the website? ....
try registering again?
Originally Posted by roknroll
Promotion Link
Promo Code: TB4M54
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
When do the bonus EQM post?

Anyone have them post yet?

I rec'd the promo email, and registered (and saved a screenshot JIC)

Flew LAX-JFK on Sep 30, and 2,475 PQM posted to my account last night, which is the regular number of PQM for that flight.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Phil Level
Anyone have them post yet?

I rec'd the promo email, and registered (and saved a screenshot JIC)

Flew LAX-JFK on Sep 30, and 2,475 PQM posted to my account last night, which is the regular number of PQM for that flight.
All in the Terms and Conditions.

10.Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account at the end of the promotion period, and by December 31, 2012.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Tried again... still got a rock

All I got was a rock the first time, and just tried again, still no go. 52,000 PQM and it's going to be mighty tough hitting Plat for 2013. Maybe I should call and see if I can get the much-storied "one-time exception."
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Trying to book MR to take advantage of this offer as I received the email from United. If I book a MR using the multiple destination function on UA.com would that be considered a RT for this offer. Just want to make sure that it will count, looking at booking SFO-LAX-CLE-FLL-IAH-LAX-SFO.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
try registering again?
Thanks - that worked perfectly!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
Trying to book MR to take advantage of this offer as I received the email from United. If I book a MR using the multiple destination function on UA.com would that be considered a RT for this offer. Just want to make sure that it will count, looking at booking SFO-LAX-CLE-FLL-IAH-LAX-SFO.

I don't recall seeing anything requiring a r/t when I scanned the T&Cs (quickly).
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
If I book a MR using the multiple destination function on UA.com would that be considered a RT for this offer. Just want to make sure that it will count, looking at booking SFO-LAX-CLE-FLL-IAH-LAX-SFO.
Yes it will count.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I don't recall seeing anything requiring a r/t when I scanned the T&Cs (quickly).
The original email mentioned a RT was required. This language was not included in the T&Cs.

In the end all flight segments will count for the promo if you successfully registered for the offer.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:03 pm

Couple more questions. It's annoying trying to accurately predict this sort of thing when its critical for making mileage thresholds:

Does anyone know if the offer differentiate between paid-Z and "ZN" ala cash-update-at-booking Z?

If you upgrade a flight with some instrument or whatnot (fare showed as "R" at the time flown), is the bonus simply based on the original booking class?

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by Innerloop
If you upgrade a flight with some instrument or whatnot (fare showed as "R" at the time flown), is the bonus simply based on the original booking class?
Correct. IME, PS (LAX-JFK) flights with UG via an RPU credit the original 2,475 PQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.