Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Cancellations Getting Insane

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm just wondering how you can have more cancelled arrivals than departures.
Diversions...seem to be plenty of those these days, too!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
To the UA employees who post here, I just want to say a very sincere THANK YOU for taking the time out of your lives to participate and give us over-entitled customers a little insight. I hope for your sakes that UA gets its head out of its butt.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
Good customer service needs to be done by everyone in this company.
While most front line employees try to do the best of their job, the mgts took
their tool away and push them to a terrible situation. In addition, the mgts keeps saying or doing some negative things to their customers and try to push people away but the employees have to clean what mgts have done.
It's very funny for me to see this contrast.
BTW, when I say thank you for being here to AD, I mean real thank you.
I understood your sincerity.
And Yes, you are correct in your assessment.

Maybe I read your post wrong.
I was just questioning why you would think it was "funny" that the pilots would be interested in customer service.
My point was that it has always been that way for most of us.

While we don't have the direct cs exposure of other front line employees, we (most) are still very much concerned with the customer experience.
And the things that make you unhappy are also unpleasant for us.
Broken planes, long days, reassignments, shortened layovers, etc. are not high on many pilot's lists.

Yet here, and elsewhere, some are quick to demonize the operators, trying to place blame at our feet.

It does serve to deflect responsibility from mgt.
And disunified employee groups also serve their purposes.
We know that stn mgrs have done such in their pre-shift CS briefings.
Any CS folks care to validate this for the readers here?
We know it goes on because our fellow workers are also spouses, friends, and neighbors.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura
To the UA employees who post here, I just want to say a very sincere THANK YOU for taking the time out of your lives to participate and give us over-entitled customers a little insight. I hope for your sakes that UA gets its head out of its butt.
^

Or better yet, that management gets a new head.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by eflyte
It's the Coriolis Force!

FAB
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by ualp
I understood your sincerity.
And Yes, you are correct in your assessment.

Maybe I read your post wrong.
I was just questioning why you would think it was "funny" that the pilots would be interested in customer service.
My point was that it has always been that way for most of us.
I won't feel funny about pilots doing CS.
I have received several business cards with appreciation on different flights from different pilots.
Each card makes me feel special and appreciated.
I also received 2 books from 2 pilots.
Moreover, one of the pilots came to visit me after I sent him a photo that
I took during my travel.
Each of these costs little but it does earn my business and loyalty.
I appreciate every little thing from them.
Unfortunately, all these efforts have been destroyed by the COdbaUA mgts.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: 2012 Plat-2013 Plat-2014 Silver-2015 GM
Originally Posted by freshairborne
for COOL FACTOR, how about "There's a book lying backwards on the floor
there's a girl flying backwards out the door"

Written and recorded by the (locally) famous songwriter guitarist/lead singer from the band "Dogs in the Yard".
I used to be the drummer in that band......

...or any lyrics (and drum parts) from any Tower of Power songs.....

FAB
No way, Tower of Power? How about on What Is Hip?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KnightInWhiteSatin
I've experienced both UA and CO hubs before and after the merger. IAH and ORD. The two operations are like night and day. While the UA fanboys on here will disagree, the UA ops in ORD is a nightmare with cancellations and planes going mech and poor pax service a daily occurence. Not even close. You better pray that Smisek and the CO team can turn this thing around, if he succeeds, he earns my nomination for Time's MOY.
You do realize, I hope, that just a few years ago United was #1 in on time arrivals and departures. Long before Jeff Smisek was on scene to "save" things.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by halls120
You do realize, I hope, that just a few years ago United was #1 in on time arrivals and departures. Long before Jeff Smisek was on scene to "save" things.
And a few years before that things were terrible. It runs in cycles. As for ORD irrops... the process has always been difficult for non-elites, which elites often fail to realize.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KnightInWhiteSatin
I've experienced both UA and CO hubs before and after the merger. IAH and ORD. The two operations are like night and day. While the UA fanboys on here will disagree, the UA ops in ORD is a nightmare with cancellations and planes going mech and poor pax service a daily occurence. Not even close. You better pray that Smisek and the CO team can turn this thing around, if he succeeds, he earns my nomination for Time's MOY.
We'll massively agree to disagree here. IMO $misek is everything wrong with this airline at the moment. In the two years leading up to the merger PMUA was #1 in terms of arrivals & departures.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
We'll massively agree to disagree here. IMO $misek is everything wrong with this airline at the moment. In the two years leading up to the merger PMUA was #1 in terms of arrivals & departures.
Maybe it the SHARES issue is at play here? At one hub, operations is as usual, the other hub is still learning the computer system hence portraying terrible CS (and generally terrible IRROPS) to the poster?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt CC
Ack!

I knew reading this thread would be bad luck...I awoke to the robot canceling UA795 to PDX today

Luckily, the lovely Pam at the call center got me on an AA flight arriving today instead of the 1030pm via SFO getting in tomorrow in the late AM
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by eflyte
Thanks, that would make sense.

Originally Posted by freshairborne
It's the Coriolis Force!

FAB
That would be the coriolis effect and it is what makes things rotate as they go down the toilet...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
ualp/freshairborne/aluminumdriver,

Thanks for the clarification.

Everyone is just upset right now. I would just recommend communicating to agents a bit better -- many are very angry with the pilot group at this time. If they knew why a flight has been cx'd, perhaps they would be more understanding and not just blame you guys and gals in the cockpit.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Sulley
ualp/freshairborne/aluminumdriver,

Thanks for the clarification.

Everyone is just upset right now. I would just recommend communicating to agents a bit better -- many are very angry with the pilot group at this time. If they knew why a flight has been cx'd, perhaps they would be more understanding and not just blame you guys and gals in the cockpit.
We do tell them the issues. Whether they want to believe it or come up with their own hypothesis, I really can't control that. I understand all employees are stressed out right now, and it's only getting worse. The best thing we can do is work together to try and make the best of a bad situation. We're kind of on our own out there.

AD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.