Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by N104UA
Sounds like a currency mistake to me " maybe moved a decimal point on covertin Yen to Dollars. Does it show on the ANA website that you are in Business?
Or premium economy?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta: Gold; UA: Silver; AS: MVP; Southwest: A list; Marriott: Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by N104UA
Sounds like a currency mistake to me " maybe moved a decimal point on covertin Yen to Dollars. Does it show on the ANA website that you are in Business?
Yes I have a confirmed business class seat on ANA. called both UA and ANA and they both confirmed.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Just curious: has anyone ever been offered a cash upgrade to Global (or Polaris) First at check in for an itinerary that was upgraded to business using a GPU?
I'll be flying ORD-NRT in a month on a three class 772 on a GPU upgraded ticket and was wondering if such an offer ever happens.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Just curious: has anyone ever been offered a cash upgrade to Global (or Polaris) First at check in for an itinerary that was upgraded to business using a GPU?
I'll be flying ORD-NRT in a month on a three class 772 on a GPU upgraded ticket and was wondering if such an offer ever happens.
Yes, it has been reported. Usually in the $829-$1299 range, so few takers here.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
Never seen it for under $1000. $1089 is the usual price.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Originally Posted by findark
Originally Posted by Kacee
IIRC, my offer was $1609 or so, on that exact route. I passed.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:58 am

Is it possible to upgrade during transit ?

Hi there , I've been booked on a UA economy ticket from SIN to IAD via NRT.

SIN to NRT is on ANA metal
NRT to IAD is on UA metal.

Is it possible to simply pay up a cash upgrade in NRT to be move to J class? During check in from SIN it's ANA staff who I'm sure would ask me to speak to United who issued my ticket.

Booked via corporate agent and I don't want to ask my work travel desk to make any personal changes. Just curious if I can get the chance to pay a cash upgrade on the 2nd leg.?

Last edited by aussie_traveller612; Jul 27, 2017 at 3:02 am Reason: Clarify upgrade is from economy to biz
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aussie_traveller612
Hi there , I've been booked on a UA economy ticket from SIN to IAD via NRT.

SIN to NRT is on ANA metal
NRT to IAD is on UA metal.

Is it possible to simply pay up a cash upgrade in NRT to be move to J class? During check in from SIN it's ANA staff who I'm sure would ask me to speak to United who issued my ticket.

Booked via corporate agent and I don't want to ask my work travel desk to make any personal changes. Just curious if I can get the chance to pay a cash upgrade on the 2nd leg.?
Ask UA at transit desk or club. Should be able to, though it'll probably be steep.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nevansm
Ask UA at transit desk or club. Should be able to, though it'll probably be steep.
And of course, subject to availability. That close to departure it's a gamble I personally would not expect to win between instruments, etc. -- though admittedly I don't know what J cabin loads to NRT look like
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Alternatively check in the UA app after your BP for SIN-NRT is scanned (and once the UA mobile BP for NRT-IAD appears) — there might be a buy-up offered for NRT-IAD.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
I have W fare booked on a 3-class aircraft, and a GPU cleared into R.

Is it possible to get an OLCI offer into F, or are those only offered to paid Business pax?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Is it possible to get an OLCI offer into F, or are those only offered to paid Business pax?
Yes. Look up 8 messages from yours.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Originally Posted by Kacee
Happened to me ORD-HKG a couple years ago. Opening offer was over 1200. I passed and was resigned to my middle seat in C.

One hour before boarding it was 750, took it.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Yes. Look up 8 messages from yours.
D'OH. Thanks. I'm having trouble paging on the mobile site.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:25 am

So first post but long time lurker.

I am traveling to PHL-SFO and I am given the option to "Buy up to first". I am on the fence about taking the offer but I wanted to know does "buy up" mean I would be paying for first or business class. The longer leg is IAD-SFO and from what I have read there is not much difference between first and business but it would be good to know in advance. This is on a 3 class 777 200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.