Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:05 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by makrxx
Thanks all. Took it. Don’t suppose I can use the Polaris lounge at Newark as well? I’m *G so guessing it’s the normal United lounge.
No Polaris lounge because you don't have a Polaris class boarding pass, you can use the United Club near Gate C123 as G*, there are shower suites there, try to take advantage if you can.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:43 pm

Question United Upgrade to Mexico

Hello everyone. My first post on the platform, so I apologize if I am not following the right etiquette. I bought two tickets in economy to fly to Cancun on 737-900 and thinking to upgrade to first. The question is how long should I wait for the upgrade price to do down. My flight is on Tue and I still see 20 first class seats on the plane with 8 being already taken. The economy is completely sold out. The economy plus is also mostly empty. Only 7 taken seats. I see 5 people on waiting list for the upgrade. United asks $294 per flight/person to get an upgrade to the business and $169 for economy plus. I have no experience with United at all. Does United discount the premium cabin only in the day of the departure? If anyone can share your experience I would super grateful. Thanks everyone.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 3:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by siameselynx
.... My flight is on Tue and I still see 20 first class seats on the plane with 8 being already taken. The economy is completely sold out. The economy plus is also mostly empty. Only 7 taken seats. I see 5 people on waiting list for the upgrade. United asks $294 per flight/person to get an upgrade to the business and $169 for economy plus. ....
Using the seatmap is unreliable, if you supply the flight number as there are multiple flights, someone can provide better information. The UA F for $125 over E+ is clearly the winner but will it drop?? Possible, it is basically a who blinks first. I'm sure you are not the only one considering this. If UA made this predictable, no one would first blink first. All one can say is UA will make an offer to everyone as they check-in (some with connecting flights will check in before the 24 hour mark). If UA does not get enough takers UA will drop the price and if UA does get enough takers, the price will hold or rise till the gate or get sold out. Who blinks first, UA or the passengers??
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is
UA Upsell Offers to Business/First/PP at Purchase to Day of Departure (TOD)

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 8, 2024 at 12:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.