Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA G
http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx has a link for "Star Alliance Upgrade Awards", but the link leads to http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ralliance.aspx, which talks only about Star Alliance benefits. That seems broken.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Gold
???

There is just all kinds of wrong with my account:

Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Boarding passes delivered by email are coming from [email protected]
Edit: Apparently it came from both

Last edited by Red_Rob; Mar 7, 2012 at 7:52 pm Reason: Added note
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by PcolaPaul
There is just all kinds of wrong with my account:
... My account looks like that (minus the flying the US Airways part).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA *MM, SPG Platinum, SPG Lifetime Gold, UA Global Services, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
Several people have reported it. If you go into your "View Account Details" link and then look at your MP activity, do you see any entries for miles migrated from PMUA MP?

Something like:

Code:
3/3/2012	UA Migrated Premier Miles
I think what is happening is---if there have been NO new entries to your EQM balances after MArch 3, which WERE transferred correctly for everyone--it shows the correct EQM. If you have even one new entry post the March 3 integration, the system starts to calculate from 0 on that day and ignores AND and ALL activity before March 3. Somehow the a+b = c is not working. a=a works, b=b works, the addition a+b = b
Sorry for mathematical semantics

Also you all are right on the Lufthansa flights getting credited 50% EQM when it should be 100% EQM.

What a mess. It does happen with mega projects of this sort. I just hope at the backend data integrity is maintained so that when things or algorhythyms are straightened out, right numbers DO display.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by ajoy69
What a mess. It does happen with mega projects of this sort. I just hope at the backend data integrity is maintained so that when things or algorhythyms are straightened out, right numbers DO display.
I can say with absolute certainty that there is no way every single UA activity/glitch/cock-up will be rectified perfectly so that the world is as it would have been if this integration had actually been completed successfully. It is going to take weeks for them to work through idiosyncratic scenarios and at a point some of us just won't pursue the appropriate outcome any farther. I'm writing off my 2 global upgrades and 6 regional upgrades that have been double deducted. There is no way in hell I'm booking a work-related TPAC or TATL for April/May on this airline anyhow when they can't even correctly credit my flight from last Wednesday or keep me in my assigned seat for more than six hours. Those are paid C, as are my TCON flights. I'll be at the front of the bus regardless of status on any airline. UA had that business from me because, frankly, I liked them more than anyone else.

These types of mergers of equals have large friction costs within both customer bases. You can count at least my next two months of business as a fraction of those costs from the UA side. Given how well DL has been taking care of me as a Plat it's likely to be much more time than that as this will tip the scales as to which airline I put more BIS in on this year. I may fall to 75K on UA for the first time since I graduated college.

This is why companies that aren't desperate don't enter into these transactions.

Not a single balance within my MP account is correct. Not a single existing itinerary is lacking at least one issue. My patience is not limitness, nor should it be.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
... My account looks like that (minus the flying the US Airways part).
Glad I'm not the only one lol I've kept all my tickets just in case. Ugh This too shall pass
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ajoy69 this explains it. I wonder if i will 0 out again when next segment posts. This explains why my friend told me his account was fine (didn't have anything post after integration)
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
The ON / RN issue

My 2 cabin NF waitlists have become ON waitlists like others have noted. They're on RPUs. I called reservations and they told me they weren't going to touch it. Are folks seeing ON clear ok or should I call back and insist?

Tried searching in this thread but at 95 pages it's tough.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by jtsaltman82

edit: after a lot of searching, it appears this is the odd-duck 757 with wifi/power, and the old ua seating. pretty confusing, as i though all the seating had been standardized by now.
I flew on this plane recently. It's a real weirdo. Indeed the exit rows are bizarre. There is power and the seats are actually brand new. They have a nice recline. The seatback pockets however don't even fit a bottle of water.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Seat assignment changed after receiving Elite Upgrade Notification

I got CPU for a flight and I went online to reserve the seat I wanted.
About 12 hours after I upgraded, I got an Elite Upgrade Notification e-mail.
In that e-mail, I had a new seat assignment and it's not what I wanted.
I went online and my seat assignment got changed to the new seat......
It's very nice to send out the notification e-mail but it's annoying that
the system changed the seat that I want.
Wish they will fix this problem soon.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Hi,

My new UA account number is not recognized by ANA when checking in. Does anyone have a similar problem?
It's interesting that they DO recognize the old UA number.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
I'm seeing US flights from pre 3/3 (2/27 and 3/2 to be exact) show with 50% bonus miles, not the 100% bonus that 1Ps should have seen on that date. Bug? At least the 500 mile minimum is still there.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eclips
Hi,

My new UA account number is not recognized by ANA when checking in. Does anyone have a similar problem?
It's interesting that they DO recognize the old UA number.
there's a thread for you -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-new-mp-s.html
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I see the 3/3/2012 "Premier Qualifying Miles migrated" or whatever. It says 0. That is a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.