Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
over the past couple days I have had repeated seat changes on EMB120 flights by SkyWest.

I would picked 9B or 9C -- system would acknowledge the selection and re- checking with 15 minutes would show the seat assignment. Then doing check-in online and/or check-in at the airport (to print BP), the seat assignment will have changed to usually row 6 once to row 11!!. Has happen at least twice each on two different flights. have been able to get (B/C back on re-selecting (both have always been open). Seems like anyone in 9B/C is being bounced at some point

No seat change issues with the connecting mainline flights.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Things are looking up!

I only waited 7min to speak with a UA-MP Phone person in Rapid City. She found my two missing regional upgrades. They should appear in my New MP account by Saturday.

She went further....

You might want to be sitting down for this one.....I was sent an email stating how many Regional Upgrades and System-wide upgrades should be in my New MP account. We agreed, the numbers match.

The new United is beginning to go the extra mile in correcting errors and providing comforting evidence while we wait for computer processing/corrections to appear.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pegasus23
....You might want to be sitting down for this one.....I was sent an email stating how many Regional Upgrades and System-wide upgrades should be in my New MP account. We agreed, the numbers match.

The new United is beginning to go the extra mile in correcting errors and providing comforting evidence while we wait for computer processing/corrections to appear.
hope this is handled for those of us that have been staying off the phone for non-urgent items (waste of my time and theirs if we all needed to call about this widespread issue).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
hope this is handled for those of us that have been staying off the phone for non-urgent items (waste of my time and theirs if we all needed to call about this widespread issue).
Hope we all know by sometime Saturday....
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
check in fail?

Just went to check in for an upgraded flight tomorrow - seat has reassigned itself to my original E+ seat (it had the correct F seat a couple of hours ago) and when I go to check in it says:

We are unable to complete the check-in process as a valid ticket coupon cannot be found.
Anyone else encountering this? Worth worrying about now, or take my chances at the airport tomorrow? I'd love to not sit on hold for hours if this is a common occurrence that is likely to resolve itself...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: United Platinum,1M miler; Alaska OneWorld Sapphire
Flight search is broken (at least internationally)

I did a flight search for the following multi-city trip:

PDX -> SYD 5/8/12
SYD -> CBR 5/13/12
CBR -> MEL 5/15/12
MEL -> PDX 5/18/12

Flight search came up empty, perhaps because the within-australia legs would be on a *A partner? The hilarious thing was the error message: "United does not offer service between Portland and Sydney..."
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by mendicantmonk
Just went to check in for an upgraded flight tomorrow - seat has reassigned itself to my original E+ seat (it had the correct F seat a couple of hours ago) and when I go to check in it says:

Anyone else encountering this? Worth worrying about now, or take my chances at the airport tomorrow? I'd love to not sit on hold for hours if this is a common occurrence that is likely to resolve itself...
This is not a 'common' experience & I think you need to call & get your PNR 're-synced' or you may have problems @ the airport!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Re: check in fail?

Originally Posted by mendicantmonk
UA Insider just fixed this for me. Checked in, printed BP, BP has all the correct seat & status & boarding group info. Shannon is the greatest Anyone that was wondering what she's doing instead of posting here: actually fixing people's problems! ^
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: 1MM*G, 1K
Seat Selection issue

Hi Shannon,
2 of us are traveling SFO to OGG on March 9. I changed our seats after better ones opened up, but I cannot get a confirmation of the changed seats on-line. The wonderful agent on the phone did say our new seats "stuck". However, should we be worried that when I look at our reservation on-line the original selected seats show as ours, but when I do a "fake" purchase, I can select these original seats and also the mobile app shows the original seats available. Again, under our accounts on-line, the original seats show as our selected seats. Thank you.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
EQP, RDM posted, EQM not so much

Haven't read entire thread, but did not see this:

3/2 CO segment posted OK earlier (3/5), BUT

UA 3/2 segment posted today - only RDM and EQP (premier qualifying segments)

Neither UA 3/4 segment posted EQM, only RDM (plus 75% Plat bonus) and EQP.

Still show Premier Platinum status.

Will this be fixed automatically, or do I need to wait for the dust to settle and call

EmailKid
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Exclamation upgrade link broken

hi UA Insider:

Sponsored upgrade link disappeared.

Can't upgrade using GPU/RPU.

Can you take a look?

THANK YOU.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
I've totally lost track of this thread...wow it's long. I just wanted to note a couple things:
1) My year-to-date PQM were correct within the day after the merger. I flew on Sunday and as soon as the earnings from that flight posted, my PQM total (but not segments) reflected only this years activity. Probably a simple bug.

2) My CR-1 upgrade waitlisted domestic flights are still showing I'm waitlisted for (ON) and not (RN). Do I need to worry about this?

3) Is there a pause in IM updating R buckets. I have a flight in a week where businessfirst is < half full but no one's been upgraded in a couple weeks (at least from looking at the seat maps and C,D fare buckets.)

One thing that's resolved. My itineraries with upgrades no longer show that they have to be reissued.

Thanks for the hard work!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Does flight order on re-issued PNRs matter?

I'm hoping that this is just a quirk and not a problem...

When the integration re-cut the PNRs, my return flights from Asia are now appearing out-of-order. Or rather, they're appearing in apparent-chronological time, rather than actual time w/ timezones.

For instance, NRT-LAX departs at 5:10pm. Connecting to LAX-IAH departing at 11:36 _same day_ due to the dateline.

Prior to the integration, the segments showed up NRT-LAX-IAH. Now they show up LAX-IAH / NRT-LAX.

Is this a segment-order concern, where I'm going to find my NRT-LAX segment canceled or invalidated as an out-of-order segment because I didn't fly LAX-IAH first? Or is it a harmless website glitch where the sorting is just being done improperly now? Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Flying out tonight through EWR to AUA and then back through IAD on Sunday... up until 2 hours ago my husband and I (both 1K) were on the same itinerary, checked in for outbound flights and on the upgrade waitlist (no movement at all, not happy but I guess that's life now for H fares)... and now our itineraries are completely split and his is not visible online at all. When he signs into his account he can see mine only- not his until he puts in his "new" PNR (or whatever it's called now). Phone agent says this can't be fixed... once it's split it's split and kept saying it happened days ago because of the migration. It was fine before the migration, after the migration for days, through check in at exactly 24 hours and then suddenly just split and half disappeared a few hours ago. He is also not showing on any of the upgrade lists, though I am....
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: United 2P, QMM, eleVAte
I'm trying to check in for UA 720 tomorrow, and this is the seat map that comes up (I originally had 9A). It doesn't match any seating plan I can find, and looks like several imaginary rows have been inserted between 14 and 20..which concerns me, given that I'm now in 18A

edit: after a lot of searching, it appears this is the odd-duck 757 with wifi/power, and the old ua seating. pretty confusing, as i though all the seating had been standardized by now.

Last edited by jtsaltman82; Mar 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.