Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORD-LIH
Now if only they could give me my RPUs back that they double-deducted. That glitch has cost them 2 LAX>JFK bookings already. I'll have two more for April to be booked in the next week or two. I'm not counting on being on p.s. for those either.
I don't blame you - between my MIL and me, we're missing 7 RPUs/GPUs total. I'm just fortunate that the April booking I need mine for hasn't happened yet...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:18 am

I bought a round-trip, FC ticket (fare class "A") from IAD to to YVR. It was sold as a direct flight with a plane change in SFO. I'm flying on an A319 from IAD to SFO, and then switching to an A320 on the flight to YVR. The flight number remains the same.

I lost my seat assignments on both flights. When I hover my mouse over available seats in FC, I get a message offering to upgrade me for a fee -- one, of course, that I shouldn't have to pay. When I click on the available seat, the seat assignment does not stick, and I am returned to the opening page of my itinerary. When I called customer service, they politely told me there was nothing they could do and to please buzz off.

I am trying to get my hands on the last remaining aisle seat in FC, and it's kind of annoying to shell out the extra money and not be able to choose the seat -- let alone any seat -- in my ticketed cabin. My primary concern, however, is that the system doesn't recognize me as being in FC, and then I'll get to IAD and find that all seats in FC have been assigned. Then I'll be relegated to a middle seat in coach and told to take it up with WE-DONT-CARE later.

On my return flight out of YVR, I connect in DEN and have no difficulty selecting my seats in FC on both flights.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:20 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Shannon: Would love to hear if on partner flights if their system doesn't accept the UA new MP# can we still reference the old MP number and expect credit? Also if the partner carrier still shows CO can we post to the OP/New United # and expect credit for that?
Shannon has said previously that credits posted to the old MP # would work for a "short time"; no concrete notion as to how long that will be.

I would assume if your new MP # is the same as your old CO OP#, that credits to CO and the old OP # will likewise credit (I've actually got a test case going for that right now, with 500 miles credited from e-Rewards to CO as of a couple of days ago).

If you didn't have a OP # at all previously and are trying to credit to CO OP using the new #, that's a huge ??? (particularly if you have the "ABCxxxxx" form number).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
Thanks ^ but as to calling the 1k line (and I have always called the "old 1000" 1k number), I never had to enter my MP# as it would ask "is this goalie". Now when I call the same number from my cell I have to punch in my new MP number but if I call from my home phone, I don't have to as i am recognized by the phone number
Which one is listed as primary when you view all saved phone numbers? My cell is primary and is recognized.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for posting something so useful!

Originally Posted by JCM9608
I got the genuine feel from the post, but in any case, there's now a banner at the top of the page when you log into your account that states if you have lower status than what was originally displayed at the end of last year, that it is incorrect, etc., and that it will be fixed soon.

Here's a screen shot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/07214xm9d
I owe golfingboy a nice public "you were right" message if it all works out, but i think what will happen is that I'll just give up and let them keep my 4000+ RDMs that they won't be able to give me from my recent trip because I'll never be able to get a CSA to understand all the things that went wrong with my account. Not enough hours in the day to spend on the phone.

Thank you for the link.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Seat assignments and strange exit rows

I'm flying on two PMUA 757s this week. On one of them, the seat maps are telling me that row 2 is an exit row. On that flight, my seat assignment in row 2 is not sticking. I noticed that I was now assigned to row 1 so I changed my seat back to row 2. Now the View Current Reservation page and the seat map page show me in row 1. The seat map also shows the seat I want as occupied. However, when I view the receipt, it shows the right seat assignment. And the nice lady at the 1K line also sees me in row 2.

These systems are really a mess. I'm convinced the people of United are doing all they can, but their tools really don't seem to be up to the task.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
UA Insider: My issue is that I made a R/T reservation on Sunday night (3/4). On Monday (3/5), I tried to change the return leg to a day later, but .bomb would not let me do it, it said I had to call it in. I tried calling but could not get through. So I tried cancelling the reservation on .bomb but again I got a message I had to call it in. I have been trying for the last 2 days to get through. I just don't have the time to hold for hours at a time to see if I get through. My issue is that since I did not make the change or cancellation within 24 hours, will I still have pay a change or cancellation fee. I can live with the reservation that I have now, but I think it is unacceptable I could not get through to someone to make a change or cancellation in a reasonable time.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Shannon, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of pressure you guys are under at the moment.

I imagine you've had very littel sleep in the last few days!

So, just know that the majority of us in the FF world know and understand that you are doing your very best to help us regain equilibrium in our FF accounts, and we are enormously grateful for your attention to our needs.

Take a breath! Make sure you eat and sleep! And remember to ask yourself two questions when really under fire:

(a) is the world going to end
and
(b) is anyone going to die.

If the answer to both of these questions is "NO", then you can rest easy knowing that you are doing your very best, and things will work out in the end!
Agree with your 100% completely.

I felt the pain of the UGS agents at ORD on Monday. I brought them a big bag of Fannie May chocolates to help with their stress.

My data is screwed up , but I know there is no reason to stress about it at this point, these HUGE integrations take time to resolve ... even after go-live.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:59 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bdeardorff
Originally Posted by goalie
Thanks ^ but as to calling the 1k line (and I have always called the "old 1000" 1k number), I never had to enter my MP# as it would ask "is this goalie". Now when I call the same number from my cell I have to punch in my new MP number but if I call from my home phone, I don't have to as i am recognized by the phone number
Which one is listed as primary when you view all saved phone numbers? My cell is primary and is recognized.
My cell and it is listed as my primary number (and was under my PMUA MP profile as well). Still
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
The F boarding pass I just received for this afternoon's BWI-IAH leg has me in Boarding Group 3.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I don't have time to read through 1335 posts but wondering if anyone else has problems with EQMs posting from LH (or other *A carriers)?? Last I checked we still get EQM from LH.

The RDMs from my flights earlier this week posted to my account without issue including class of service bonus (despite use of the old UA # as LH was not set up to use the old CO/new UA #) but no EQMs.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I'm in F today (and a 1K) and my BP for tonight shows Boarding Group 5.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: CO Plat/UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I'm in F today (and a 1K) and my BP for tonight shows Boarding Group 5.
Known issue for 1k status and/or First Class seats as well. Seems like the gate agents I've encountered know its a bug and let me board during boarding group 1
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS
Wait Time Escalating

Wait times are escalating. I have been on hold for 2 hours. Continuing to have problems with an existing reservation where I (and two agents that I have contacted) am unable to select a seat for the last flight in my reservation! Received an email update this morning that my GPU on another different flight on this same record cleared. Went to the UA site and segment is still showing waitlisted and there is no opportunity to select a business class seat. (I Confirmed availability. A dummy booking and ExpertFlyer both show R/RN 9). Very frustrating. I already have over 175,000 PQM this year and my YTD PQM shows only 15,000. Lifetime miles are off by 25,000. My GPU and RPU balance is correct other than there has been no posting of anything earned this year.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I don't have time to read through 1335 posts but wondering if anyone else has problems with EQMs posting from LH (or other *A carriers)?? Last I checked we still get EQM from LH.

The RDMs from my flights earlier this week posted to my account without issue including class of service bonus (despite use of the old UA # as LH was not set up to use the old CO/new UA #) but no EQMs.
my LH flights from 2/25 have not posted at all, return LH flights posted only 50% of EQM and RDM, even though they are in S class on LH which is 100%
Also missing CO flights from 2/25 - which were on the account but disappeared when everyone's EQM got pulled.

I am wondering if M&M recipients are getting miles from UA in the mean time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.