Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
I’ve flown many UA/LH itineraries (PMUA) and have never had an issue with the miles crediting in a timely manner, so my hunch is that this may be due to the system integration…so posting here. Is anyone else having trouble with miles posting for flights booked with UA prior to March 3?

We recently had a trip from the US to Croatia with the first flight on UA and the remaining three flights on LH (2 pax). Tickets were booked in February and were “Z” fare basis. Travel started on August 31 and the return was just over a week ago. I made no changes to this reservation after I booked it—i.e., other than whatever happened to it in the system conversion, there were no other adjustments other than accepting a couple of very minor schedule changes.

Sixteen days after the outbound, not even the initial UA flight had posted—for either of us. I submitted claims via the missing mileage form, and a couple of days later, the UA flight posted for both of us and husband also received miles for the transatlantic LH flight on the return; I did not. The two intra-European flights haven't posted for either of us. I’ve just filed the missing miles credit for the first LH flight on Sept 1 and understand that I have to wait up to 14 days on that. Then, I expect I’ll have to do the same for the return flights in another week or so.

I have one more trip this year on a ticket booked before 3/3—for travel shortly before the end of the year when I’ll want to see the miles post in a timely manner to hit my status goal—and hoping not to encounter the same.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ms_go
I’ve flown many UA/LH itineraries (PMUA) and have never had an issue with the miles crediting in a timely manner, so my hunch is that this may be due to the system integration…so posting here. Is anyone else having trouble with miles posting for flights booked with UA prior to March 3?

We recently had a trip from the US to Croatia with the first flight on UA and the remaining three flights on LH (2 pax). Tickets were booked in February and were “Z” fare basis. Travel started on August 31 and the return was just over a week ago. I made no changes to this reservation after I booked it—i.e., other than whatever happened to it in the system conversion, there were no other adjustments other than accepting a couple of very minor schedule changes.

Sixteen days after the outbound, not even the initial UA flight had posted—for either of us. I submitted claims via the missing mileage form, and a couple of days later, the UA flight posted for both of us and husband also received miles for the transatlantic LH flight on the return; I did not. The two intra-European flights haven't posted for either of us. I’ve just filed the missing miles credit for the first LH flight on Sept 1 and understand that I have to wait up to 14 days on that. Then, I expect I’ll have to do the same for the return flights in another week or so.

I have one more trip this year on a ticket booked before 3/3—for travel shortly before the end of the year when I’ll want to see the miles post in a timely manner to hit my status goal—and hoping not to encounter the same.
Were any of your flights to Croatia LH codeshares on OU metal? I had problems getting credit for these last year and had to call repeatedly to finally get the miles straight.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Were any of your flights to Croatia LH codeshares on OU metal? I had problems getting credit for these last year and had to call repeatedly to finally get the miles straight.
No, they were one UA, two LH mainline and one LH Cityline. Even the UA flight didn't credit to either account without me having to request it.

I looked at the e-receipt online and it had the correct, current MP numbers (not the old ones that were in effect when I ticketed the reservation). Boarding passes issued by UA had correct MP numbers. LH boarding passes for the return didn't show MP numbers but did identify us correctly as UA*G and UA*S.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
1. Has anyone received flight credit on UA metal for flights flown January 1, 2013? I flew December 30, 2012 and received credit less than 48 hours later, and indeed for the past several months flight credit was happening quickly. Now it feels like March 2012 again.

2. I continue to have issues with Q400s. My next flight is within the 96 hour window and it shows CPU requested in the record, but the seat map does not show an F cabin, and instead shows the F seats as occupied/unavailable.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by mre5765
1. Has anyone received flight credit on UA metal for flights flown January 1, 2013? I flew December 30, 2012 and received credit less than 48 hours later, and indeed for the past several months flight credit was happening quickly. Now it feels like March 2012 again.

2. I continue to have issues with Q400s. My next flight is within the 96 hour window and it shows CPU requested in the record, but the seat map does not show an F cabin, and instead shows the F seats as occupied/unavailable.
nothing for my 1/1 flight yet
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
nothing for my 1/1 flight yet
Nothing either for me. But come on, it's really expecting far too much to have a flight posted 3 days after you flew, NO other airline can do that...right?

Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (and falling fast)
Originally Posted by mre5765
I had that issue a few weeks ago - in fact, F cabin showed as occupied until 30 minutes prior to departure when the gate agent cleared 7 CPUs. Not sure whether it's that all the Q400s aren't configured yet for F, so they aren't selling F / upgrading until certain which version of the plane is flying that route.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Nothing either for me. But come on, it's really expecting far too much to have a flight posted 3 days after you flew, NO other airline can do that...right?

OK, I know you were writing tongue-in-cheek. But I just have to reminisce on my days flying on Delta. Those miles would post immediately. I'd arrive at my destination and check my miles balance to find the flight I just departed included in the total.

Why can't United do that? As one of the few remaining legacy carriers you'd think they could at least get that going...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nycityny
OK, I know you were writing tongue-in-cheek. But I just have to reminisce on my days flying on Delta. Those miles would post immediately. I'd arrive at my destination and check my miles balance to find the flight I just departed included in the total.

Why can't United do that? As one of the few remaining legacy carriers you'd think they could at least get that going...
Of course - of my 20 DL/AA segments this year, I think only one (AA) didn't post next day, and it was because it was a late night arrival - was there 1.5 days later.

PMUA could / did post next day, but that technology is long gone. The issue of course (as it is with many) is SHARES.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:08 pm

Of course - of my 20 DL/AA segments this year, I think only one (AA) didn't post next day, and it was because it was a late night arrival - was there 1.5 days later.

PMUA could / did post next day, but that technology is long gone. The issue of course (as it is with many) is SHARES.
Did you re-qualify for EXP for 2013?

I flew a few flights, but could not meet the end of August / end of year challenges that they offered...

Regarding miles posting, I don't usually care if it happens in a day or a week... I do have a spreadsheet though which I check to make sure I actually did get correct credit for my flights...

My bigger (but still not very big) challenge has been the redeposit of miles when I cancel an award booking. About 1 out of every 7 or 8 I will have to call in to get the miles redeposited. Not a big deal, but one would think that they could make this work correctly every time...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Did you re-qualify for EXP for 2013?

I flew a few flights, but could not meet the end of August / end of year challenges that they offered...

Regarding miles posting, I don't usually care if it happens in a day or a week... I do have a spreadsheet though which I check to make sure I actually did get correct credit for my flights...

My bigger (but still not very big) challenge has been the redeposit of miles when I cancel an award booking. About 1 out of every 7 or 8 I will have to call in to get the miles redeposited. Not a big deal, but one would think that they could make this work correctly every time...
I did per the T&Cs (I did hit 55K EQP), but my re-qual did not go through automatically...my account is under review now If not for my HKG flight upgrade needs (in-laws), I'd be all AA...grass is definitely greener over there IMO. Regardless I'll still fly them some short-haul to get around the EWR monopolistic pricing & crap RJs.

Anyways - while I'm on a good streak with miles re-depositing, it continues to boggle the mind about the issues they have posting miles (again, slowness is endemic to SHARES). I know Mr. $misek thought it mind-boggling when consumers said they wanted timely mile posting, but surprise surprise, going from 1 day to 3-4 days (or not at all) causes issues. And of course let's not get started on *A miles posting in time / correctly...
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
And of course let's not get started on *A miles posting in time / correctly...
No, really, let's get started (again).

Have had repeated problems with intra-Europe LH miles posting for Mrs. dpdapper, even when she is flying on same PNR as me and my miles post correctly. Our UA miles for the transcontinental and TATL legs do post correctly for both of us. The LH miles are finally posted after an online or telephone request.

Bizarre.

Last edited by dpdapper; Jan 5, 2013 at 3:21 am
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver

Jan 1 miles posted today, finally. Hopefully this was just an end of year thing, and next week's travel will credit more timely.

Originally Posted by GroundStop
I had that issue a few weeks ago - in fact, F cabin showed as occupied until 30 minutes prior to departure when the gate agent cleared 7 CPUs. Not sure whether it's that all the Q400s aren't configured yet for F, so they aren't selling F / upgrading until certain which version of the plane is flying that route.
On 12/30 the system cleared 6 upgrades except the seats had already been assigned as economy seats to others. So six 1Ks had their reservation auto canceled by SHARES. It required manually downgrading the six of us. I hate the Q400. Monday night I will be refreshing my status every minute so that I can hopefully get it fixed before attempting to board (15 minute flight to DEN so I don't care about the upgrade).
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:10 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Not only Delta can post immediately after you land (as already mentioned in the other post), on my last trip to NYC, the flight got posted to my wife's Star Alliance account one full day faster than it got posted to my United account. I see absolutely no reason why SHARES has to take at least 3 full days.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Found Another Glitch in Website

I typically buy non-refundable fares and thus, often have "Inactive" tickets that I can reuse by paying change fees.

I haven't tried to rebook any of these tickets since the conversion, but within the last week, have tried rebooking 4 of them, and all have proven impossible to do via the website. Sometimes, it forces a "Multi-destination" search, sometimes it says there is no routing available and sometimes it says the itinerary cannot be booked online, forcing me to call to rebook these.

Every one was rebooked with no problem via the 1K line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.