Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by swiftaw
i think my expiration date keeps movig forward a month at a time so that it is always 1 year ahead. I’ll check in March to see if it’s jumped forward to March 2020
Thanks for playing twenty questions on this, this is a useful benefit of the no-fee card.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
Update. The TravelBank cash expires in June 2020. Looks like I subscribed Dec 12 2017, which means I probably didn't auto renew, hence the $5 rewards not posting.
I feel like auto-renewal is broken. This thread made me realize that I hadn't checked my membership, and sure enough, mine had expired without notice -- and I'm pretty sure I had auto-renew set up also.

I was able to re-join and I immediately saw the $25 listed in the debits as usual.
atword likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:24 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsloan
I feel like auto-renewal is broken. This thread made me realize that I hadn't checked my membership, and sure enough, mine had expired without notice -- and I'm pretty sure I had auto-renew set up also.

I was able to re-join and I immediately saw the $25 listed in the debits as usual.
I've had auto-renewal issues with (all this year):

TravelBank
Wi-Fi Subscription
UC Subscription

So you're not alone.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL

Any success getting retroactive credit?

I now realize this happened to me, rather than broken IT (although that could also be there). Kind of frustrating that when calling in to request credit no one said simply "your membership expired last November."
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
Any success getting retroactive credit?
Not applicable for me personally; mine only lapsed two weeks ago, and I haven't purchased a ticket (or boarded a flight) since then.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Not applicable for me personally; mine only lapsed two weeks ago, and I haven't purchased a ticket (or boarded a flight) since then.
If you would like to have a later membership expiration date, renew your membership right before you purchase your next UA ticket.

Mine started in Sept 2012, now Feb.
jsloan likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:35 pm
Suspended

I still haven’t gotten my $5 credit in my travel bank from my flight in early February.... the people at web support even told me to just forget about it. After 5 internal tickets still nothing. Advice?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by swiftaw

i checked and it says my membership expires on 2/9/2020, and I haven’t paid the $25 for quite a while.
I just checked because my Travelbank card billing cycle ended yesterday and my expiry date has now jumped to 3/9/2020, so it looks like my Travelbank card is continually keeping my expiry date one year ahead without my having to pay the $25.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
I still haven’t gotten my $5 credit in my travel bank from my flight in early February.... the people at web support even told me to just forget about it. After 5 internal tickets still nothing. Advice?
have you written to the email address referenced upthread ([email protected]) requesting credit. This is definitely different than regular web support. I typically include the membership info (name, MP number, member since date and expiry date), as well as the itinerary information (traveler name, PNR, ticket # and flight info (flight number and route for all flights). I’ve never actually received a response, but do notice the missing credit seems to appear within a week or so. Most of my missing credits involve crediting of only 1 ticket instead of 2 of 3 when a multi-pax PNR is split. - in this case, I give them the itinerary info. For all pax with a note that it was split and only 1 was credited. Again, never an issue.

Whcih reminds me, I think I have a couple of tickets with split PNRs that weren’t fully credited, so it’s probably time to fire off another email.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
I'm trying to figure out (as a 1K) how to use Hilton AMEX United credits. I don't pay baggage fees or meals and don't use that much wifi. Is there anyway to deposit money in my travel bank using an AMEX? (Other ideas welcomed!)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:37 am

See the appropriate thread in the AMEX forum. The short answer is no for travelbank
TomA likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TomA
I'm trying to figure out (as a 1K) how to use Hilton AMEX United credits. I don't pay baggage fees or meals and don't use that much wifi. Is there anyway to deposit money in my travel bank using an AMEX? (Other ideas welcomed!)
the ability to buy TravelBank funds was ‘temporarily’ disabled sometime last year. It was noted to be coming back, but it’s yet to be seen when (or at this point, if). The only way to get TravelBank funds now is through United.com club credit, or as rewards from the United Tavelbank Visa.
TomA likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I emailed [email protected] on February 26th. I had 5
missing (all award travel) and the $25 was posted March 16th. ^
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I emailed [email protected] on February 26th. I had 5
missing (all award travel) and the $25 was posted March 16th. ^
That is longer than usual one week for me.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i've got $200 from the gift registry expiring in 40 days. never fly UA. does anyone have experience using funds for a refundable ticket past the expiry date and having them deposited back with a new date? based on language of "account activity" in the terms it shouldn't be deposited, but is worth the question in case it actually works. thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.