Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:39 pm

I have the same problem and I think it is because of a codeshare flight with LAN. I will try to input a dummy flight itinerary with just UA and confirm.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Money in travel bank but cannot apply to tickets -Why United?

I've always seen the United payment options with UA/UAX itineraries. Note that on the new site, it's hiding a bit - the heading United Payment Options is there, and you need to click the arrow next to it to expand the options to see the TravelBank, vouchers, etc.

IME, the new site also specifically says something like 'based on your flight selection, United payment options are unavailable' if booking includes a codeshare, partner flight, etc.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:57 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by emcampbe
IME, the new site also specifically says something like 'based on your flight selection, United payment options are unavailable' if booking includes a codeshare, partner flight, etc.
I've had it display that text for the last three all-UA itins I've booked, FWIW. I haven't tried again yet to see if they've fixed the problem, but it was still an issue last week.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Do award bookings qualify for TravelBank credit or not?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
If you're referring to the united.com club, no.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If you're referring to the united.com club, no.
I was.

Two more questions:

1) Are non-UA flights on 016 stock eligible for TravelBank credit?
2) If I book an itinerary on my account but provide contact details for someone else (so it doesn't show up on my list of itineraries), I should still get TravelBank credit, right?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I have received the credit for award tickets (as recent as late 2015)

1) Are non-UA flights on 016 stock eligible for TravelBank credit? ...
any flight booking made on united.com qualifies

... 2) If I book an itinerary on my account but provide contact details for someone else (so it doesn't show up on my list of itineraries), I should still get TravelBank credit, right?
The purchaser gets the credit, not the traveler

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 8, 2016 at 9:40 pm Reason: daye of award credit
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I have received the credit for award tickets (as recent as late 2015)
I have received a $5 credit for an award ticket as recent as yesterday. To maximize credit, it is better to make 2 x one way reservation for $10 credit instead of a round trip reservation for $5 credit.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
This thread has quite a lot of discussion about the $5 benefit. However, in the description of the program, united says:

In addition, united.com Club members receive special offers on travel and merchandise, including hotel, cruise and vacation packages.
Are any of the "special offers on travel" at all interesting? Can you sometimes get fare discounts, or notified about fare sales? Or is this just a marketing channel for United partners?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
I have received a $5 credit for an award ticket as recent as yesterday. To maximize credit, it is better to make 2 x one way reservation for $10 credit instead of a round trip reservation for $5 credit.
Last week I wrote in (for the 3rd time, no less) to ask for $5 from an award flight in December.

Today I was told that award tickets don't count! I am livid and I communicated my lividity to United management with some force. Unbelievable!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:38 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Last week I wrote in (for the 3rd time, no less) to ask for $5 from an award flight in December.

Today I was told that award tickets don't count! I am livid and I communicated my lividity to United management with some force. Unbelievable!
In the T&C for this program, it states: "Not valid in conjunction with any other programs (e.g., MileagePlus award redemption)." Complaining may ruin it for those people who fall between the cracks and get credited.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:00 pm

I got a $10 credit for an itinerary my wife and I just completed on the same PNR. I thought you only got $5 per PNR (hence why you would want to book flights individually, by segment, to maximize the TravelBank $ earned)?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Zip
In the T&C for this program, it states: "Not valid in conjunction with any other programs (e.g., MileagePlus award redemption)." Complaining may ruin it for those people who fall between the cracks and get credited.
That's the Travel Bank T&C (spending the 5 bucks), not the United.com Club T&C (earning the 5 bucks).
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I got a $10 credit for an itinerary my wife and I just completed on the same PNR. I thought you only got $5 per PNR (hence why you would want to book flights individually, by segment, to maximize the TravelBank $ earned)?
It is per ticket. If you ticketed two one ways with your wife, you would have received $20 credit instead of $10.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:08 am

Another couple questions...

1) Are tickets purchased via the mobile app eligible?
2) is there an easy way to tell which platform tickets were bought on? (I.e. website, app, OTA, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.