Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Quite surprising that the noodles are shellfish. That's usually the veggie option.
Someone in Chicago bought too much shrimp for their 4th of July party and had to unload it somehow.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Newb question, in FC can you order as much of everything on the menu or do you pick one appetizer, one soup, one salad, one entree... or can you have like 2 soups and 2 different entrees?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
Newb question, in FC can you order as much of everything on the menu or do you pick one appetizer, one soup, one salad, one entree... or can you have like 2 soups and 2 different entrees?
You pick a first and second choice for the entre from a choice of three. You pick your wines/ beverages. If you want more of an item/course just ask and if they have extra they will give you more.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:59 pm

I have seen trip reports where the person ordered several different appetizers instead of the main course. I guess it depends on the cabin crew and whether or not they're in a good mood.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:41 pm

Any idea if, or when, they will post the menus online, as the old CO used to do each month?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by zitsky
I have seen trip reports where the person ordered several different appetizers instead of the main course. I guess it depends on the cabin crew and whether or not they're in a good mood.
That's what they let you do on LH and LX
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
In BF I've had success ordering multiple options, jokingly saying "can I pig out and ... " As long as it doesn't interfere with someone getting their first choice I've never, ever had an issue.

Then again, I always make it a point to be super polite and courteous with the crews - mainly because it's good common courtesy, but also because working in any service job is the definition of "suck."

Cheers,
Adam
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by DrDesmo
In BF I've had success ordering multiple options, jokingly saying "can I pig out and ... " As long as it doesn't interfere with someone getting their first choice I've never, ever had an issue.

Then again, I always make it a point to be super polite and courteous with the crews - mainly because it's good common courtesy, but also because working in any service job is the definition of "suck."

Cheers,
Adam
Pig out? If you want to do that, I'd suggest you wait until your arrival and find a real, decent, restaurant...
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Ewr-bru ua960 c/j

I'd like to contribute on recent trip 1 week ago
EWR-BRU
C/J Class
Seat: 6J
June 2012

Typical UA flight, average seat, average IFE, average service. I used SWU to upgrade, only complaint is that eastbound TATL flights are too short! (landed 30min early)

Menu

Starter - Prawns

Salad - with vinaigrette

Main - beef

Skipped the cheese

Dessert - sundae

Breakfast - cold plate, I myself enjoy cold plate or cereal for breakfast, but disappointed that they no longer offer hot breakfast.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
Last week I flew IAD-BRU and the menu was exactly the same as above.. exactly the same. Very poor and unprofessional service by Grandmotherly FAs. nothing special. extremely poor wine list. seat 6B.
Yes east bound flights are too short .. eating, a japanese movie and an hour or so of sleep, viola .. you are in Bruselas!
PS I chose Grilled Fillet of Amazon Cod
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
hirohito888 that is exactly the same menu that I had in BusinessFirst to DXB. Pretty tasty
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by pigx5
Thanks for the report.
The food service on pmCO flight with pmCO route does look much superior than the old UA flights.^
Just flew BF on UA53 IAH/EZE and returned UA846 EZE/EWR
pmCO is still FAR superior service and food IMO.
Some of the differences: cart service, more courses, size of portions, tray is personally set - not just handed to you on a tray, etc.
I thought that they were aligning the services in BF to be the same?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
DXB-IAD
UA 977
Boeing 777 (old config)
Global First

TO BEGIN:
Warm Appetizer
Shrimp Koliwada and spinach and mushroom quiche with rosemary sauce

Soup
Creamy Mushroom

Fresh Seasonal Greens
Tomatoes, bell pepper, and croutons your choice of blue cheese dressing or classic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSE

Machbous-style Lamb
Seasoned basmati rice and marag okra

Chicken Paupiette with Spinach and Cheese
Lemon-ginger sauce, potatoes noisette, briased pumpkin and snow peas

Shrimp Thermidor
Duchess potatoes, grilled eggplant and zucchini

Vegetarian Curry
Pea and coriander rice, kidney bean masala and spicy mushrooms

TO FINISH

International Cheese Selection
Grapes and crackers served with Graham's Late Bottled Vintage Port

Dessert
Ice cream with your choice of toppings and assorted petite sweets

MID-FLIGHT SNACK

Assorted Sanwiches
Tandoori chicken
Cream cheese

PRIOR TO ARRIVAL

Chive Scrambled Eggs
Beef sausage and sauteed mushrooms

Cereal and Banana
Served with milk

FEATURED CHAMPAGNES AND WINES
  • Philipponnat Brut 2006, Champagne; For lovers of rich, decadent Champagne, Philipponnat's 2006 has toasty, nutty intensity, baked apples and pears and a long, extravagant finish
  • Pascal Jolivet Sancerre 2010, Loire Valley; Sauvignon Blanc from chalky hills along the Loire River generates a rich texture and a lengthy finish despite the mouth-watering, refreshing crispness
  • Benzinger Family Chardonnay 2009, Carneros; Pioneers of organic winegrowing, the Benzingers believe that their wines gain balance and character from their organic methods, and we think so, too
  • Chateau Fourcas Dupre Listrac-Medoc Cru Bourgeois 2009; Called the vintage of the cnetury, 2009 Bordeaux is certainly special: fruit intensity, spicy barrels and balance have all magically combined
  • Alexander Valley Vineyards Syrah 2008, Sonoma County; The Shiraz grape is more often called by its traditional French name in California, and this Syrah hews strongly towards classic Sonoma red wine intensity
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Thanks for posting...

Im not all too familiar with UA, but shrimp thermidor? A sort of blatant reminder that UA has not upped its game to come even close to SQ's standard lobster thermidor offering.

Everything else gets a meh, even if slightly better than I would have thought vis a vis BF.

I like the champagne choice...

What was your choice of main? How was it?

Originally Posted by mh3265a
DXB-IAD
UA 977
Boeing 777 (old config)
Global First

TO BEGIN:
Warm Appetizer
Shrimp Koliwada and spinach and mushroom quiche with rosemary sauce

Soup
Creamy Mushroom

Fresh Seasonal Greens
Tomatoes, bell pepper, and croutons your choice of blue cheese dressing or classic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSE

Machbous-style Lamb
Seasoned basmati rice and marag okra

Chicken Paupiette with Spinach and Cheese
Lemon-ginger sauce, potatoes noisette, briased pumpkin and snow peas

Shrimp Thermidor
Duchess potatoes, grilled eggplant and zucchini

Vegetarian Curry
Pea and coriander rice, kidney bean masala and spicy mushrooms

TO FINISH

International Cheese Selection
Grapes and crackers served with Graham's Late Bottled Vintage Port

Dessert
Ice cream with your choice of toppings and assorted petite sweets

MID-FLIGHT SNACK

Assorted Sanwiches
Tandoori chicken
Cream cheese

PRIOR TO ARRIVAL

Chive Scrambled Eggs
Beef sausage and sauteed mushrooms

Cereal and Banana
Served with milk

FEATURED CHAMPAGNES AND WINES
  • Philipponnat Brut 2006, Champagne; For lovers of rich, decadent Champagne, Philipponnat's 2006 has toasty, nutty intensity, baked apples and pears and a long, extravagant finish
  • Pascal Jolivet Sancerre 2010, Loire Valley; Sauvignon Blanc from chalky hills along the Loire River generates a rich texture and a lengthy finish despite the mouth-watering, refreshing crispness
  • Benzinger Family Chardonnay 2009, Carneros; Pioneers of organic winegrowing, the Benzingers believe that their wines gain balance and character from their organic methods, and we think so, too
  • Chateau Fourcas Dupre Listrac-Medoc Cru Bourgeois 2009; Called the vintage of the cnetury, 2009 Bordeaux is certainly special: fruit intensity, spicy barrels and balance have all magically combined
  • Alexander Valley Vineyards Syrah 2008, Sonoma County; The Shiraz grape is more often called by its traditional French name in California, and this Syrah hews strongly towards classic Sonoma red wine intensity
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
I'm not all too familiar with UA, but shrimp thermidor? A sort of blatant reminder that UA has not upped its game to come even close to SQ's standard lobster thermidor offering.
Yeah, but you're ignoring the grilled eggplant and zucchini that comes with the shrimp thermidor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.