Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bagspacked
I flew global first IAD-GRU on 5/19 and definitely no improvements. Soup, salad with optional scallops, and 4 choices of entree including a pretty bad steak which I had.
I guess you must be the guy I talked to when getting off the plane at GIG and at baggage claim. Small world. Great game last night, btw! ^ Rupp should get a game, but I doubt it'll happen.

I'm glad I chose the salmon then. It was reasonably good. The tough part was not getting wine spilled all over me with the light/moderate chop throughout dinner.
Old May 24, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: TK*G ,BA Silver, FB Silver
BFS - EWR - 4th July

Has anyone got a typical menu for Belfast to Newark? Do they do any specials on 4th July?
Old May 24, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by zaqwert
Do they do any specials on 4th July?
There are no specials on holidays.
Not on the 4th.
Not on Thanksgiving.
Not on Christmas.

none.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
May IAD-PEK Global First 1 of 2

Old May 24, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
May IAD-PEK Global First 2 of 2

Old May 24, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I wouldn't read into the logos on the wine glass too much. IIRC, about half the glassware had the old logo and half had the new logos on this flight. The plates are the same UA has used for a while on the Japanese meals. The meal itself was very good (particularly the barbecued eel - I would almost go as far as to say restaurant quality) but similar in quality to the other UA Japanese meals I've had over the past few years. Oddly, I always find the quality of UA's ex-US Japanese meals to be better than the ex-NRT Japanese meals (unlike any other carrier I've flown to/from Japan where it's usually the opposite). I believe May was the rumored date for upgraded international business class service. I may be flying this route again later this week, so I'll report back if there's any noticeable improvement.

-FlyerBeek
+1. I fly TPAC through NRT at least 3x a year, and the japanese meal on PMUA out of the U.S. has been better than out of NRT in the past 2 or 3 years. I remember it used to be better out of NRT than out of the U.S. Though the zen meal now is definitely less filling than the old UA o'bento meal, which was quite good. I've only flown PMCO's BF out of NRT once and it was after 3/3. I personally prefer the main course on PMCO over PMUA but prefer the appetizer on PMUA. Also, PMCO offered a japanese pre-arrival meal while PMUA's pre-arrival meal was generally not great and was a western option so I usually opted for the fruit plate. I'm hoping that the new meal service will be more akin to what PMCO offered, but I highly doubt it.
Old May 25, 2012, 3:53 pm

Can anyone clarify, is South America treated as International for the purpose of meal and alcohol selection? I've seen conflicting information. I'm going down IAH-LIM in November on the 767. Can I expect sparking wine and the same quality food as other international destinations?

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Flew LHR->SFO in C on 21May

Was on an old config 777 with C half full at best

3 choices for Main (Short Rib, Salmon, Pasta)
Orders were taken front to back and we got asked for first and second choice
Both of us got our first choice
Wife and I both had the Salmon with Rice and green beans
Was excellent and very happy with the main
Salmon was perfectly cooked, rice was nice and fluffy with a bit of garlic in it and the green beans still had plenty of texture while still being soft and easy to eat. The sauce reduction on the salmon was just right and I didn't need to touch the salt or pepper packets for once
The salad was nice with fresh romain and the right amount of balsamic on it, the App with the raw salmon was mehh but it just wasn't my thing, the wife liked it more then me
Desert was a pile of cheese and crackers OR Chocolate Ice Cream
Both were good

The flight actually had the Glenlevit Scotch on board and I drank all 12 Mini's they had before passing out and waking up 15min before landing

The wife says the snack and pre-arrival meal were also good

Service by the LHR based crew was the best I have had in ages
Old May 26, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1P, TK Elite Plus, AZ Freccia Alata Plus
Originally Posted by LordTentacle
Flew LHR->SFO in C on 21May

Service by the LHR based crew was the best I have had in ages
^
I've never been disappointed by any LHR based UA crew. Compared to most US crews, one could almost think one was flying another airline.
Old May 26, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
snack NRT-ICN?

I am flying in C from NRT to ICN tomorrow (after a flight from IAD to NRT). Itinerary says that the 2.5 hour flight has a snack. Any help on what to expect? (I have seen the menus for IAD-NRT, so don't need any further information on that). Thanks.
Old May 26, 2012, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by arndt
^
I've never been disappointed by any LHR based UA crew. Compared to most US crews, one could almost think one was flying another airline.
^ They are great. Truly a world class group that knows how to compete. Apparently their customer satisfaction scores are also off the charts. SFO...less so...
Old May 26, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by euslaner
I am flying in C from NRT to ICN tomorrow (after a flight from IAD to NRT). Itinerary says that the 2.5 hour flight has a snack. Any help on what to expect? (I have seen the menus for IAD-NRT, so don't need any further information on that). Thanks.
I haven't been on this flight in quite a while, but it was usually a sandwich and a dessert. A few years before, they offered a choice between a small sushi snack (think appetizer) and a sandwich, but that disappeared about 3 years ago.

And (surprise, surprise), F gets the same thing.
Old May 26, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by 1kBill
I haven't been on this flight in quite a while, but it was usually a sandwich and a dessert. A few years before, they offered a choice between a small sushi snack (think appetizer) and a sandwich, but that disappeared about 3 years ago.

And (surprise, surprise), F gets the same thing.
Thanks! I guess anything more would be an overentitlement.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
How come the images of the dishes in this thread all look better than the actual First or Business class meals I have had?
Old May 26, 2012, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
What's with the tiny soup bowls in Global First?

Is there a shortage on the regular-sized ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.