Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated GUM connection time and logistics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

A.B. Won Pat International Airport (GUM)
Main Terminal, POB 8778, Tamuning, Guam 96931

Note: Check-in counters open 3 hours prior to departure time and close 60 minutes prior to departure time in Guam. (Exception: Check-in counter closes 90 minutes prior to departure in Guam to Honolulu)

New UA Club for GUM now open
Print Wikipost

Consolidated GUM connection time and logistics

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Has anybody had their UA154 island hopper/GUM-HKG UA159 itinerary become weird, showing HNL-GUM flight time in 6hr 30min, arriving same day and GUM-HKG in 13hr 5 mins, arriving next day? The flight departure and arrival times are the same as the original booking although the GUM-HKG was previously UA179. I assume this is the problem and have to call UA to sort this out? Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mtndave47
Has anybody had their UA154 island hopper/GUM-HKG UA159 itinerary become weird, showing HNL-GUM flight time in 6hr 30min, arriving same day and GUM-HKG in 13hr 5 mins, arriving next day? The flight departure and arrival times are the same as the original booking although the GUM-HKG was previously UA179. I assume this is the problem and have to call UA to sort this out? Thanks
That does seem weird. I suspect this may have something to do with the problems that SHARES was having today. However, I'd call UA to see what's wrong. It may just be a simple glitch but always good to be safer than sorry.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by mh3265a
That does seem weird. I suspect this may have something to do with the problems that SHARES was having today. However, I'd call UA to see what's wrong. It may just be a simple glitch but always good to be safer than sorry.
Called UA web support this morning and they said according to their PNR record, the flights are correct. Confirmed it with an email from agent. But when they see my reservation on UA.com, its incorrect showing my HKG arrival from GUM a day later. Nothing the agent could do since its a UA website technical error. Anybody else having this issue?

Last edited by JetSetDave; Jul 11, 2015 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:01 pm

50 minute connection in Guam enough?

Hello, traveling Palau-Guam-HNL-SFO. ROR-GUM flt is 0230-0540, GUM-HNL leaves @ 0630. Is 50 minutes enough time to clear customs & Ag and then back through security or do I need to plan an extra day in GUM? Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by 747200f
Hello, traveling Palau-Guam-HNL-SFO. ROR-GUM flt is 0230-0540, GUM-HNL leaves @ 0630. Is 50 minutes enough time to clear customs & Ag and then back through security or do I need to plan an extra day in GUM? Thanks.
There is no need to plan an extra day in GUM. 50-minute is plenty of time to connect in GUM.

If your incoming flight is delayed, they will even hold the plane to wait for you most of the time!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
There is no need to plan an extra day in GUM. 50-minute is plenty of time to connect in GUM.

If your incoming flight is delayed, they will even hold the plane to wait for you most of the time!
I agree. Have done HKG-GUM-HNL a few times with this sort of connection with no problems.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
GUM lounge open 2 - 6 am?

Land in Guam at 155 am from NRT and connect on to HNL at 635 am.
Is the lounge open to sleep for a few hours? Showers?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by anandrag
Land in Guam at 155 am from NRT and connect on to HNL at 635 am.
Is the lounge open to sleep for a few hours? Showers?
opens at 0300. No showers IIRC
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
opens at 0300. No showers IIRC
Thanks
Any other showers there? Priority Pass?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by anandrag
Thanks
Any other showers there? Priority Pass?
You can always check what priority pass lounges exist at prioritypass.com
There's one by gate 7, has one shower.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Sagan Bisita

I do that routing every so often.

Both the United Club and the Sagan Bisita club (PP) are open (UC at 0300, but you have to go down stairs through immigrations and back up, so its only a 20 min wait). The Sagan Bisita has showers, never a wait at that hour. UC is a domestic club - nothing of note.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:23 pm

ROR - GUM - HNL connection

Just wanted to post an update on connecting from Palau (UA192) thru GUM to HNL (UA200). 192 arrives at 5:30 and 200 leaves at 6:35, which is usually doable, though tight.

Today (and several times recently from what I hear), 192 has been delayed in Manila due to ground traffic issues there. We finally left ROR at 3:30 and arrived GUM at 6:15. There was time to make the flight to HNL, and the door was still open, but ground staff decided to prevent us from trying, and force-offloaded our bags. Rebooked via NRT arriving ~13 hours late.

Aside from disappointment in UA not holding 200 for 15 minutes to avoid stranding about half the plane load from ROR, the only news here is to be careful on a tight connection if the inbound is coming via MNL.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Flying Blue, TrueBlue
Flying SPN-GUM-YAP on separate PNRs with short connection

Hello everyone,

I am visiting Guam these days. Today (sept 23), I was supposed to take a day-trip to SPN. However, my flight out was delayed by three hours (due to weather, I think) making my trip pointless. I called United and managed to move my day-trip to after tomorrow (sept 24).

I am a bit worried, however as after tomorrow (sept 24) I am also supposed to fly to Yap on a different reservation and I now have a connection time in Guam of 1h30m. I will be travelling without checked luggage.

Will I be ok if the SPN-GUM flight comes on time? Will I have to clear immigration and/or customs here in Guam? I think I should be able to check-in online for the GUM-YAP.

In case online check-in shouldn't work, will they be able to check me in all the way to YAP when I go check in at SPN?

GUM-SPN-GUM is a United revenue ticket. GUM-YAP is an aeroplan reward ticket. If I link the two, will I be protected?

Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aelx2k
If I link the two, will I be protected?
There's no such thing in any meaningful way, so no.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
You can have the agent add a note to the reservation that you are flying onward on a separate PNR, but doing so has no practical impact--you're not protected, and most agents will miss the note anyway.

Having said that, even though you're not guaranteed help, most agents are relatively accommodating when you misconnect from a United flight to another United flight because, even if they're on separate reservations. You're biggest problem is going to be that the next GUM->YAP flight after 9/24 isn't until 9/27, so about the only thing that would really help is holding the flight (which is exceptionally rare).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.