Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Book a flight or remain
Plat for 2014
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Read this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...us-thread.html
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

take a trip before 12/31, or buy a refundable ticket, purchase PQM, then cancel the ticket.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I've been a member on FT for 9years and at the end of each year the same question arises, "Will United bump me up to a higher level than achieved ?". No they won't nor should they.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
At 96K miles -- what should I do?

I'm worse off at 99720. When I get back from Vietnam I'm going to do a quick Ord-spi rt.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by davewang202
and this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ualifying.html
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by Doug 1029
I've been a member on FT for 9years and at the end of each year the same question arises, "Will United bump me up to a higher level than achieved ?". No they won't nor should they.
lol. And next year, there will be the added bonus of "I have XXXX PQMs but only have XXX PQDs, will UA give me the higher status?" posts. Maybe those consolidated threads could become stickies for a limited time at the end of each year?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by DoubleMiles
I'm at 96K miles with no more travel scheduled until 1/7.

What should I do? Will United be nice and include the 1/7 trip in 2013? Or should I take a 4K trip on Christmas?
a MR to VEGAS BABY!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:04 pm

Need 377 PQM before 12/31

US Air Screwed me. Flew my last trip with my United FF # and they credited my US Air account and not United. After an hour on the phone I am convinced that US Air will do nothing to fix their error.

So....I need 377 PQM by 12/31 and I REALLY don't want to book a trip. Here are the options I found so far
1) Call UA and explain what happened and beg for 377 miles
2) Get some credit card, charge enough on it, and somehow convert the miles to PQM before the end of the year.
3) Fly a short and now expensive mileage run to get the 377 miles.

All suggestions welcomed and thanks...joe
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AZ_Engineer
US Air Screwed me. Flew my last trip with my United FF # and they credited my US Air account and not United. After an hour on the phone I am convinced that US Air will do nothing to fix their error.

So....I need 377 PQM by 12/31 and I REALLY don't want to book a trip. Here are the options I found so far
2) Get some credit card, charge enough on it, and somehow convert the miles to PQM before the end of the year.

1. You can always try. Be polite and nice and see if they can credit your UA account.
2. That won't help you. No new UA cards offer that option anymore.
3. Plenty of short flights available so that's probably the easiest option and cheapest as well if 1. doesn't work
4. Book a cheap flight, buy the PQM via the elite accelerator, cancel the flight - will cost more than a mileage run however.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE

The standard suggestion on this board is to buy a short flight, buy premier accelerator, and then cancel the flight. It's pretty expensive, usually at least 10-20 cpm, but it will work.

You can always ask nicely too.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: United Gold
I'd go with #4 in post #2.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
some reference threads (focus on posts in the last 3 months or so)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...us-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...maximizer.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ualifying.html

1) not likely to happen
2) the Choice Points to PQMs was silently discontinued nearly a year ago

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 6, 2013 at 11:31 pm
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by gldwebs
I'm worse off at 99720. When I get back from Vietnam I'm going to do a quick Ord-spi rt.
Last year i was some 400 miles short of 50K, and UA did bump me to gold. I wouldn't bet on anything similar happening this year though...
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by DoubleMiles
I'm at 96K miles with no more travel scheduled until 1/7.

What should I do? Will United be nice and include the 1/7 trip in 2013? Or should I take a 4K trip on Christmas?
22 years as a 1K and I've never paid attention to how many EQM's I've earned. have always ended the year with a low of 150K and a high of 250K. Surprise surprise, with all my TATL flights I've switched from UA to BA, I'm only at 95445 (Its Dec 7) and the only trip I have planned in for Dec 24th from JFK-DXB on EK.

I thought about just letting my 1K lapse as my mm status takes the bite out of it but just cant bring myself not to not make 1K. Its quite easy.....a nice 4 day weekend leaving tomorrow for Cancun w my GF. In economy I would still e short around 50 miles but UA has great Z fares from LGA to CUN thru IAD. I make my one K (barely) don't put myself thru a mileage run which I swore I would never do, nor would I ever buy EQM's. A nice unplanned weekend in Mexico and 1K is done for next year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.