Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by darrylhadfield
I'm 7 - SEVEN - segments shy of 1k status this year.

Any suggestions or advice? I actually had 12 segments I flew on US Airways, but since they gave me upgrades on half of them, they won't bump the segment credit to UA.. cheeky monkeys. Half of those are regional jets, so no first class, so not even the option of getting an upgrade - fingers are crossed I might get those 6, which would help, but I'm working from the assumption that it just won't happen and I'll have to come up with 7 segments before year end.

I'm based out of Cincinnati (CVG) and need 7 EQS, or 39,251 EMQ.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

D.
Same advice - check out the MR forum.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:24 pm

Need UA/CO 6,738 EQM from LAX

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I dont do something correctly. I am 6,738 short for 1k status and no more business trips planned. Can someone please help as I dont understand some of the lingo on this forum?

I signed up for the double miles from LAX-ORD, but will that count this year or will they post next year?

Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
If you take them this year, they should qualify you for this year even if they post late.

Also, be sure you book in an eligible fare class. I had to call to book in the right class.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA PE, MR LP, Natl EE
Originally Posted by aacharya
Hi Guys, Same advice - check out the MR forum.
Thanks, but I wouldn't have posted here if I hadn't already done that. Per my message - I'm looking for EQS, not EQM.

Originally Posted by realdealmtw
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I dont do something correctly. I am 6,738 short for 1k status and no more business trips planned. Can someone please help as I dont understand some of the lingo on this forum?

I signed up for the double miles from LAX-ORD, but will that count this year or will they post next year?

Thanks!
You have to fly before 12/31.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:50 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by born sleepy
I was offered 20,000EQM today checking in for EWR-TLV for the mere price of $7500.

Er, no.
CO website only charges $2,500 for 20K EQM. Is 7,500 a typo or they really offerred that price?

Hi Guys,

Thanks!
If you purchase your double or triple elite miles, it is irrelevant of when your actual flights are (this year or next), your elite miles from the purchase will be posted within 24 hrs, thus counting towards this year EQM for 2012.

However, LAX-ORD double elite miles is only 3,400 something, so you will still be short unless your flight takes place on or before 12/31.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:53 pm

So if I do round trip LAX-ORD with double miles that should be enough and I will be good to go correct?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:25 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by kiam
CO website only charges $2,500 for 20K EQM. Is 7,500 a typo or they really offerred that price?
Where's the link to buy miles? I can't find a live link on CO's site, and my recollection was that it wasn't EQM when I checked the other day.

Update: Never mind, it's site maintenance. I also see that the EQM number quoted above is about the Elite Maximizer options. Sorry, struggling to get used to UA/CO's policies as I'm pretty new with them.

Last edited by deirdre; Dec 4, 2011 at 3:43 am
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:36 am

Need 75 EQM

Hello, I'm posting here rather than the MR forum because I'm hoping to find a way to get 75 EQMs to requalify w/o a MR since I'm so close: after looking at all my planned travel, reviewing my account for missing segments... I'm that close. I don't have the chase card (and would be too close if I applied for one now).

Advice?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Plat, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite
milage maximizer
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
see the sticky http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ms-status.html for details

also
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ce-merged.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...1-what-do.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...izer-rate.html
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
See if you can re-work your planned travel to add a segment to get to the miles needed.
There is also the buy em' option with elite maximizer.

SunLover
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
I'm seeing a fare for $139 r/t same-day SFO-LAX and back. SFO to LAX is on AA and LAX to SFO on CO/UA. Bookable on AA.com. If you do the whole r/t on CO/UA the price jumps to $227. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT
So if I do round trip LAX-ORD with double miles that should be enough and I will be good to go correct?

Thanks for your help.
Yes, just make sure you book the qualifying fare class for the promotion.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura
Yes, just make sure you book the qualifying fare class for the promotion.
And have a California or Illinois address.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
last week it was about $65 for 500EQMS using the CO elite maximizer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.