Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
I could add on elite maximizer but isn't that limited to 10,000 EQMs?
I was offered 20,000EQM today checking in for EWR-TLV for the mere price of $7500.

Er, no.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 6:48 pm

Hi all, first post, apologies for being a newb.

I am at 33,900 EQM this year (hit Silver for the first time). I have one trip left, YYC-ORD, which should give about 2,762 more miles, plus maybe 347 bonus for being Silver, which leaves me at around 37,009. This is a long way short of the 50k for Gold.

Anything I can do with only one trip left this year? Also, any tips for next year? I'm Canadian so I don't think I can get a Mileage Plus credit card, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msqrd

I am at 33,900 EQM this year (hit Silver for the first time). I have one trip left, YYC-ORD, which should give about 2,762 more miles, plus maybe 347 bonus for being Silver, which leaves me at around 37,009. This is a long way short of the 50k for Gold.

Anything I can do with only one trip left this year? Also, any tips for next year? I'm Canadian so I don't think I can get a Mileage Plus credit card, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.
Welcome.

Please note that the silver bonus is not EQM so does not count towards status.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
"You need 6,108 elite status miles (EQM)"

I know I'm starting this late, but how much would I have to do BIS-wise (with maximizer) to make that up? Looks like purchase of neither UA nor CO miles provides EQMs.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: M+ 1K, HHonors Gold, PC Gold, SPG Gold
I'm at 97,204 with a roundtrip LGA-ATL booked on the USAir on the 13th. Not really sure how many EQM USAir will give me though and can't find my fare class.

Ignoring that, I have a planned trip on 12/30 to PEK that will defintely get me to 1K. But if it takes 3 days to post the mileage, would the EQM add to my 2011 EQMs?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ATF678
I'm at 97,204 with a roundtrip LGA-ATL booked on the USAir on the 13th. Not really sure how many EQM USAir will give me though and can't find my fare class.
all paid fares should at least 100% of BIS miles

Originally Posted by ATF678
...Ignoring that, I have a planned trip on 12/30 to PEK that will defintely get me to 1K. But if it takes 3 days to post the mileage, would the EQM add to my 2011 EQMs?
yes, even if posting is delay, posting is based on scheduled depature time.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
A friend needs 6,626 to hit 1P on UA out of DCA, IAD or BWI. Definitely need more than just a transcon. Thoughts?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skylane
A friend needs 6,626 to hit 1P on UA out of DCA, IAD or BWI. Definitely need more than just a transcon. Thoughts?
multi segement transcon,
or
iad-jfk-sfo-lax-jfk-iad is 6561 -- 65 miles short -- add an extra segement
or
a Hawaii run
or
route thru ORD to SFO/LAX and get DEQMs
or
head to Europe
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by deirdre
"You need 6,108 elite status miles (EQM)"

I know I'm starting this late, but how much would I have to do BIS-wise (with maximizer) to make that up? Looks like purchase of neither UA nor CO miles provides EQMs.
So I guess I need more concrete questions.

Some people have suggested getting CO legs for buying EQM bonus. Is that not offered on UA legs? (I thought it was, but I really wasn't paying close attention last time I had UA-only legs; my last long flights were on CO to ITO.)

Looks like SFO->IAH round trip would do it on CO with the EQM upgrade, which sounds like fun (lunch with a friend), but I could probably do it other ways too. I'm out of the country from the 18th on, so I have precious little time to book and take a trip if I decide to go for it. I will be traveling more next year, so silver's definitely worth it for me.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
I just completed a successful run to Hong Kong and back, got me over 16k miles for approximately $750. That's not bad, right?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:40 am

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. I need 2,327eqm...Need a weekend run, preferably same-day turn from ORD for $300 or under a/i. I can get out to the west coast for around 6cpm, anything better would be ideal. Thoughts?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by dro88
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. I need 2,327eqm...Need a weekend run, preferably same-day turn from ORD for $300 or under a/i. I can get out to the west coast for around 6cpm, anything better would be ideal. Thoughts?
Welcome to FT!, dro88
You might find some ideas in Mileage Run Deals
or
http://www.farecompare.com/search/flyertalk.html

Will you may not need the DEQM, check out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...r-updated.html
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:24 pm

Thanks for the update on the ORD as I can use that one, but the fare I priced out was in S, which isn't a covered class. Is there a way of specifying a fare class (or set of fare classes) so I know what price I'm in for?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by msqrd

Cheers.
take a trip to japan or hong kong in the next few days, fares are cheap
Old Dec 3, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA PE, MR LP, Natl EE
Everyone's up on EQM... but what about EQS?

I'm 7 - SEVEN - segments shy of 1k status this year.

Any suggestions or advice? I actually had 12 segments I flew on US Airways, but since they gave me upgrades on half of them, they won't bump the segment credit to UA.. cheeky monkeys. Half of those are regional jets, so no first class, so not even the option of getting an upgrade - fingers are crossed I might get those 6, which would help, but I'm working from the assumption that it just won't happen and I'll have to come up with 7 segments before year end.

I'm based out of Cincinnati (CVG) and need 7 EQS, or 39,251 EMQ.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.